“Great Hotel !”

Ranked #61 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Beaumont, Texas
“Great Hotel !”
Reviewed 4 July 2011

This hotel is close to San Augustine, Fl the oldest city in the US, and close to Daytona Beach, Fl one of the fastest cities in the US. The staff were very friendly and eager to help, with destination information, and very friendly. The hotel is a little off the beaten path in a quiet neighborhood, with easy access to IH295.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bristol, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 April 2011

We were driving home from Key West and needed a cheap place for the night. La Quinta is usually cheap and clean but this one had such a funky smell to it we needed to turn off the air-conditioning and open the window. Luckily there is a market near-by so I sent my husband for air freshener. Normally I would have asked to change rooms but this was already the 2nd room they gave us! The first room had tiny bugs on the door and light switch and as I investigated further the bugs were on the sink and coffee maker. The outside of the hotel and pool area appeared clean but as you enter, things go downhill fast. It was only for 1 night and for $55 and no more little bugs, I dealt with the smell.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank LizR3
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 3 May 2010

I was on a road trip and I needed a place to stop for the night. For a one-night stay, the La Quinta Inn Mandarin San Jose was reasonably priced, clean, and well staffed. It was conveniently located near the interstate, and was next door to several restaurants (Bob Evans, Steak n Shake, etc). The room was fine for a single night. The hotel was a bit noisy because there was a bit of a gap at the bottom of the door, so you could hear the other guests' conversations as they were walking down the hallways. The interior corridors need to be updated, as the carpet seemed old and the doors needed to be replaced. The pool was in a separated gated area in the middle of the parking lot, not connected directly to the hotel. This means that if you want to swim, you'll have to walk across the parking lot to do so. Also, it doesn't give guests' much privacy as it is right next to the road. The hotel offers a complementary continental breakfast, complete with waffles, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee, etc. Overall, I would recommend it for short trips.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank weary_traveller25
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 11 February 2010

We stayed in this hotel for one night.. the front desk staff was extremely polite and eager to help us. Our room was small but clean and comfortable, although had somewhat of a musty odor to it. La Quinta does not supply lotion in its rooms for guests, so we called the front desk and went down immediately to grab a complimentary sample. Our floor was quiet throughout the night, although in the morning, don't expect to sleep in. The maid staff is extremely noisy. We heard the maids banging on the doors insisting to clean, so my boyfriend got up to put a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door.. come to find out, we didn't have one in our room! Our door did not bolt shut either, so all we had to rely on was the latch lock on on the door. The maids ended up knocking, opening the door but could not get in fully.. Other than that, we had a pretty pleasant stay. Whole Foods and some kind of pancake house were next door.. so breakfast and any last minute things are conveniently located. Close to 295 and a good price for the night.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Sarasota
Reviewed 12 July 2009

Stayed one night on our way to Savannah. I was prepared to accept much less for the $49 room rate. The accommodations were more than adequate: iron&ironing board, mini-fridge, etc. Very comfortable bed. Very clean first floor non-smoking room. Friendly, competent staff. Very nice complementary breakfast included fresh baked waffles,cereal, fruit, and a variety of pastries. Nice shopping center within walking distance (we ate at the Whole Foods market). The best feature for me?... a 15 minute drive to the Orange Park poker room!

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed 3 January 2009

I used to live in Jax and my kids are still there so we stay at this location every couple of months. The staff is always friendly and accomedating. We find our rooms clean and very worth the price. I also stay here because it's pet friendly. It's great location right off of I295 and close to my kids. If your thinking of staying here or the Ramada..stay here!

• Liked — Location...value for money
  • Stayed January 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orlando
Reviewed 14 August 2008

I was a little worried to book this hotel because of the two star rating; however, when I got to the hotel it was much nicer than expected. The hotel seemed to be very recently rennovated. My room was clean, newly rennovated and comfortable. The only slight problem I had was with my allergies. The hotel accepts pets and when I woke up the first morning I had a slightly itchy throat. The breakfast was great offering many hot items like waffles and hot boiled eggs. The wireless internet worked great and was fast as well. I would reccomend this for budget saavy travels who are looking for a nice place to stay.

• Liked — Value for Price
  • Disliked — Pets are allowed - because of allergies
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)