“THIS is the hotel you want!”

Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park
Ranked #1 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Parkville, Missouri
“THIS is the hotel you want!”
Reviewed 19 May 2011

We stayed 5 days while he was home for R&R. Simply amazing!!! Excellent staff and room service. Wonderful food...I still crave the french toast! Beautiful setting especially at night. It is located close to the beach and many, many good shopping areas. This hotel made the vacation the best I have ever had. Everyone was so friendly and housekeeping staff went out of their way to assure we had all we needed. Love the deco and the hardwood floors. Quiet and peaceful. I could go on and on but this IS where you want to be.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flipflopgrl
IndigoNathan, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 13 September 2011
Thank you for your great review! Our Guest satisfaction is our number one priority. We really appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
neptunenavigator
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I travel frequently and accumulate points for personal stays. In this case, I banked 5 free nights at any IHG property. As the nights are about to expire, I decided to take my child to the local Hotel Indigo. I have stayed at one Indigo in the previous month in another location. The online reservation system was a breeze. The check-in process was smooth and friendly. The room, while adequate for a king size, was smaller than I expected, but was furnished very nicely. Our view was of a pleasant lake, with the business park beyond. I was surprised the bathroom did not have a ventilation fan, and the mirrors fogged. The bathroom door was obviously made for this issue, as it was a slatted door, so it would ventilate. But was not entirely private.
Our biggest disappointment was the restaurant. The menu is adventurous for a hotel that does not advertise itself to be for this type of consumption. Our breakfast order of three pancakes, and a bowl of yogurt parfait would have taken longer than the 25 minutes we waited had we not decided to leave for another option.
It appears this hotel is for those visiting the local business park only. I have had a similar experience at the St. Petersburg, Florida Inigo.

Room Tip: lake side rooms offer a view. restaurants nearby.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
I apologize for the less than adequate service you experienced in our restaurant during your stay. I have shared your comments with my team in an effort to prevent this issue from occuring to another Guest. Again, I apologize and hope you will return in the future.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel and had a great experience! We really enjoyed the unique vibe of the hotel and the great service we received. For the price, hotel type and location, this is definitely the best value in the area.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
I am glad to here you had an enjoyable stay! My Team works hard to provide outstanding service and make sure each Guest has a memorable experience. I will pass along your comments to my Team and want you to know that we appreciate your business and hope you stay with us next time you are in Jacksonville!

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Good location, attractive hotel, nice rooms, pleasant staff.

A few things I'd make sure my patrons knew....
1. Dog-friendly.
2. No van service or transportation from the airport (my cab cost $57 with tip).
3. No late night food service available.

Note: The bathroom design could use some work. The door is slatted, leaving privacy at a minimum; and the shower floor tile is so slippery if you weren't careful you could take a nasty spill.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for your comments about your stay at our Hotel Indigo. Your review has helped us address some concerns with the bathroom doors and shower floors. We appreciate your business and hope you will utilize us again should you return to Jacksonville!

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 7 December 2010

This hotel has the most amazing accommodations! The rooms are huge, beautiful and comfortable. The bed and linens were soft, clean and high quality. Our room had a huge window over looking a pond with a fountain, some rooms however do over look a parking lot. The best part of the room was the shower. It was huge and had a teak bench- it was something you would see on a travel show. We booked through the visitjacksonville.com and got free food vouchers, the restaurant was quite good and you can eat outside. There was also a very nice small pool and hot tub. The location of the hotel is quite terrible, 30 minutes from downtown Jacksonville, and about 45 or more from the beach. We would definately stay there again, even with the poor location.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments on our property, especially how much you liked our showers! You should visit other Indigos while traveling out of town as "Spa Inspired" showers are a brand hallmark and other properties are similar to ours. Again, we appreciate your business and hope to see you in the near future.

Destin, Florida
Reviewed 1 December 2010

This is probably most known for business stays since it is right in the middle of Deerwood's Business Park but for a weekend, it was great. We stayed Thanksgiving weekend and it was not at all crowded. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The room was wonderful. No carpet, which I loved...thick and comfortable comforters and pure white! The entire room was spotless and smelled like the air had been purified each time we entered. The location was great...only 15 minutes to San Marco and less than 5 to the Town Center. Easy on and off the expressways. Price was best I found too. I will stay again!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our property! My staff takes great pride in delivering exceptional service to ensure our Guests want to return. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Florida
Reviewed 7 November 2010

I agree with just about all the positive things posted about this hotel. High ratings for the staff, decor and general comfort. However, the rooms are not sound proof. Far from it. I can hear every single footstep and even conversations of the people in the room directly above me. This morning I even heard the coffee maker as one must press a button to open and pour the water. Perhaps it is the lovely wooden floors to blame or else a shortcut in construction. At 2AM I finally called down to the front desk to report on the wedding party, family and friends who were still celebrating. Really, they normally wouldn't have been considered ultra rowdy but since I could hear everything as if there were a microphone in the room it was too much and I couldn't sleep. Love this place but this is unacceptable. Isn't that why we stay in a hotel: so we can sleep? The staff was very helpful as shortly after I called things calmed down. By the way I was in room 402 underneath the suite on the 5th floor.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo