“Awesome Modern Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Savannah, GA
“Awesome Modern Hotel”
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Stayed the night here and was VERY happy with the choice. It was a little hard to find a way into the parking lot, a little like a maze. I loved that the comforter was white, I could see that they were clean and not stained. The room was clean and very modern. Check-in and Check-out was very quick and easy. The room was comfortable and nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Stayed for a quick overnight me retreat. Hotel was clean, loved decor & color palate & grounds. Relaxing vibe, not overcrowed , Pool and fitness were nice, but a little small. Near nice indulgent food spots within walking distance. Will stay again. Only thing missing is a mini fridge.

• Stayed July 2011
Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2011

A fresh, colorful & unique modern deco....most striking. Location in Tapestry Park helpful with restaurants & some shops. Lakeside cafe & lake views from the floor to ceiling room windows truly lovely. Room layout different from the norm with the curved shower(huge) and closet & separate foyer. Extra special the Keurig coffeemaker & teak shower chair....bed & many pillows heavenly. A totally upscale boutique hotel.
Only one con....lack of fan in bathroom & the louvered bathroom door....did point this out to manager who is well aware. Oh...rec'd a phone call from hotel 4 hrs. after checkout reporting we had left a book behind & would we like it returned to us....unexpected, what great service. Yes, will return for sure.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank chad'smom
Ashburn, Georgia
Reviewed 12 June 2011

The Indigo for us was just wonderful. We spent our 1st anniversary there. Everything we needed was right there in the park , food, shoppping ,peace and happy spirits. The room was very clean and nice with laminate floors. Desk clerk and Bartender was very nice to us up on our arrival. I would recommend anyone that wants a slice of heaven this is it. The Hotel was Lovely for our stay.

Room Tip: We had a King room with a view of the Lake (nice)
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2011

This hotel is as cute as a button! Situated in a little village-style complex in what seems to be a suburban and business part of Jacksonville, the Indigo is surrounded by restaurants and other shops. The property sits on a very large pond amidst very well landscaped foliage and a parking lot (sounds worse than it is, it's a lovely little place). The Indigo is light and cheery and incredibly clean. I was in suite 224 and it was on the corner of the building but the view was compromised due to the fact that it is on the first floor's roof (pictures attached). My experience with "pet friendly" rooms (I was travelling with my dog) is that they either are on the first floor or have a compromised view. Despite that, the room was great, very bright and very big. Kitchenette and laminate floors throughout room. The bathroom was lovely, huge tub and huge separate shower. Aveda products! Room service food was o.k. bordering on not very good. I had the caesar salad, ravioli with vodka sauce and chips and dip. I'd definitely try room service again to give a more accurate review of the menu. Service here was really, really friendly and cheerful. Lobby has a nice business centre and bar/lounge. I enjoyed walking around the hotel and grounds with my dog and I felt very safe. I am really impressed with this hotel. A little noisy late at night due to people in room above walking around and showering. FYI, my navigation system wouldn't take the address on Tapestry Park Circle so I called the hotel and they gave me an alternate address that worked. Free internet and parking. Room was a King Suite NS @ $179.99 with an additional $25 - $50 pet fee. About 15 minutes by highway to downtown Jacksonville.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Rockland County, NY
Reviewed 24 May 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights for a local area wedding and it was beautiful! The hotel is kept VERY clean! The bed was SO comfortable! The bathroom door was almost like a closet door (the slated kind) so privacy may be an issue for some. The shower was HUGE! Water pressure was perfect. The air conditioning worked great, which was nice because it was HOT outside. The restaurant is in the front lobby area, and it was fine for what we needed; the food was just OK, nothing special. The lobby also has a bar which is opened until 11pm. There are some restaurants just outside the immediate area the hotel is located. There is a wine/piano bar directly across from the hotel which was opened late, FUN TIMES. Pool is nice, but small, and in the afternoon the sun goes behind the hotel causing the pool to be in the shade. The location of the whole complex is a little off the beaten path, so you will definitely need to rent a car to get around. We had to call a few cabs which can be quite expensive. The beach area is about 20 minutes from the hotel (cab ride of about $30-$40) but worth it! Definitely check out the beach area...it’s beautiful. We didn’t get maid service on the last day for some reason or I probably would have given this hotel five stars.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelQueen3333
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I don't know Jacksonville at all, but this was relatively close to my local office there. I found it very comfortable, and they did offer government rates. The room was very nice, without anything fancy and the gym had all the basics. The hotel breakfast was good too.

The location is a little strange, in an office park with a few shops and restaurants, I definitely wouldn't go there without a car. I ate in the Thai restaurant that is one of the few places in walking distance and ended up eating there both nights, it was surprisingly one of the best Thai meals I've had outside of Thailand, so I recommend that! There is also a steakhouse, and it looks like they're building more, but hard to tell with stalled FL development. The location is actually fine, with kind of a man-made river outside and fairly quiet - it is just really far from both downtown and the beach.

When I stay in cities without Kimptons in the future, I will definitely consider the Indigo as a backup chain - it didn't have quite the amenities/level of service, but did suit my needs.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business