“Great Stay at Hotel Indigo”

Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park
Ranked #2 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
North Carolina
“Great Stay at Hotel Indigo”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We stayed here on the weekend of 6/1 and thought everything was great. Would highly recommend to anyone. The area is very nice and very well kept. Several good restaurants are within walking distance.
Everything was very clean. The staff was more than helpful and very friendly. Also, extremely pet friendly. We sat in the lobby with our furry baby and had cocktails. You can sit outside on the "veranda" and eat and/or have cocktails with your pets!!

The rooms looked exactly like the pictures on the website. Very colorful and upbeat. The bed was extremely comfortable and we slept like babies.

Had breakfast one day and got it prepared and took back to the room. It was very good and priced at about what we expected.

One thing about the room was Wi-Fi wasn't connecting. We did mention this to the gal at the front desk and she provided us with an Ethernet cable which was fine for our laptop, but we had our iPads. You are able to get it in the lobby.

Kudos to all of you for making our weekend very pleasant!! If we're in Jacksonville again we would definitely stay here and we loved it!

Room Tip: Rm # 524 is the whirlpool suite and it very comfortable and absolutley worth the extra $$. Has a gr...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Brett D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Thank you very much for comments about or hotel! My team works very hard on delivering exceptional service and cleanliness. I will make sure to share your post with them. Your comments about our Wi-Fi were correct, however I am VERY happy to say that we have since addressed those issues and are now running as efficiently as possible! We look forward to having you as our Guest in the future!

Brett DeLoach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Stayed at the Hotel Indigo when my son graduated from law school this May. Hotel was incredibly clean, modern, spacious and comfortable. Our suite was amazing. Wish we could have stayed for a week!

Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The hotel was very nice. They allowed our dogs to stay for 25$ extra. We were allowed to have our dogs on the patio downstairs while we had dinner from the hotel cafe. The food was very good but overpriced as most hotel cafes are. The staff was very nice and the hotel was also very nice.

The only negative thing, and perhaps the most important part of the review, the mattress was awful. My wife and I tossed and turned all night. It was impossible to get any sleep.

Room Tip: It costs 10 bucks extra for a "lake view" it is more like a pond - don't pay for it.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Brett D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Thank you for your response. I am glad to hear you found the hotel enjoyable, however I am disappointed to read your comments on our bedding. Comments on our mattresses are usiually positive. Would you mind contacting me at brett.deloach@hoteldeerwoodpark.com so I may ask some more detailed questions. Again, thank you for your comments and we appreciate your business.

Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 May 2012

The hotel indigo is a very modern and well thought out hotel. The decor is attractive almost with the feel of being in a higher end hotel.

The rooms have wood flooring, this makes such a difference to the feel and cleanliss of the room as opposed to carpet.

Bed were very comfy, great pillows and bedding. Our room overlooked the lake which was lovely.

We were able to sit outside overlooking the lake during part of our stay. It was peaceful, beautiful flowers and landscaping and very relaxing.

Would seek out and Indigo again!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank domyno50
Douglas, GA
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This was my first time staying at the Hotel Indigo. It is in a nice area in Jacksonville with a lot of shopping and eating options within minutes of the hotel. The room is different with wood floors and a modern edge to it. Big shower and bathroom and pretty clean. The pool is rather small and was freezing cold when my kids and I went in it in Mid May. Staff was nice and hospitable and cleaning staff nice as well. They have a restaurant in the hotel and bar, but I didn't use either, but from what I saw looked good if interested. I used my GPS to get to the hotel so I didn't use the hotel's directions, but can see where it could be difficult to find for the first time traveler to the area as the hotel is not on a main road and just off of Tapestry Park. It was pretty and my wife and kids enjoyed the place too. We will be back in the future when we return to the area.

Room Tip: Try Pollo Tropical if you haven't yet. It is a economical, but really good latin carribean styl...
1 Thank wofiii
Brett D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay and thank you for choosing hotel Indigo. My staff works hard on keeping the hotel clean and delivering good service and I will pass along your comments to them. I am also having my maintenance team look into our pool heater. I apologize as no one has mentioned the pool being cold. I hope you stay with us should you return to Jacksonville!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My daughter and I were in town for an event at UNF. We stayed at this same hotel last year - the "newness" has definitely worn off. The proximity to UNF and nearby shopping and restaurants is a definite plus. We were traveling from I-95 north - easy to find - don't use the directions on the hotel's website. As soon as we checked in, i notice the stains and dirt on the desk chair - it sort of colored my impression of the room's cleanliness. I booked our room through the hotel website getting the "prepaid standard room" rate which was pretty good. Although you do not get to choose the room (king v. two double beds), you can make a preference. Based upon what the front desk told me, it is unlikely you will get anything other than a king. I was told the hotel charges more for rooms with two double beds, and based upon demand/availability, why would the hotel place you in a more expensive room?

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Brett D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Thank you for your response. I appreciate that you are a returning Guest, but was unhappy to hear that the newness has worn off. We are currently in the process of going through all of our rooms and performing preventative maintenance to get that new feeling back. Should you return in the future, I hope you would find improvement.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I stayed here for two nights on business - room 411. There is ample parking around the hotel and the location is good - about 30 minutes from the airport, and several restaurants within a few feet of the hotel.

The reception and bar staff were very friendly and provided excellent service. (The bar seems to do a pretty popular happy hour - try the local Intuition brew!) Free wireless internet access.

My room was a wonderful size, and included a coffee maker, Aveda products and cable. I overlooked the parking lot and whilst I couldn't hear outside noise, I could hear hallway and noise from the room overhead. I sense the overhead noise was due to the hardwood floors and the guest above walking around in heels when they returned to the room and when they got up in the morning.

Nevertheless, this was a great value and I would certianly stay again. (And bring my dog - very dog friendly!)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor (5, I think) overlooking the pond (rather than the parking lot).
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Brett D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that my Team was accomodating and friendly! I apologize for the noise from the floors. We hope to see you next time your in Jacksonville!