“Nice property, good staff”

Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #23 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
atlanta
“Nice property, good staff”
Reviewed 18 June 2011

I stayed here for one night for a business meeting. The staff was nice and the room was good. My only complaint is that the bathroom light (toilet and shower area) is too dim. I had a group rate of $85 per night and the shuttle was great. It took us to and from the airport and dinner. I would stay here again. Also,this hotel has FREE WIRELESS INTERNET!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank scottpeth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Newer and very clean... BUT if you have any sense of urgency I would NOT stay here. Had to return a rental car...took literally 3 and a half minutes to get to the airport. Called the direct line for the shuttle service and was left standing for 30 minutes. UNBELIEVABLE. Come to find out they have a corporate contract with UPS to shuttle its pilots-which supersedes all customers... at the detriment to its customers... they have no shame...And upon my return they continued to LIE to my face as to the reason. I don't appreciate being shoved to the side OR being lied to. I will NEVER stay here again..nor would I recommend it to anyone who doesn't have time to waste.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We only stayed one night. Layout of the room is really nice, loved the sitting area and desk and bar, beds were comfy. But when I walked into the room I immediately noticed that the carpet had stains all over throughout the sitting area, and by the beds. Also there were greasy fingerprint marks all over the bathroom door, countertop and the door to the hallway. I cleaned it myself. Cleanliness is #1 priority for me. No shower cap in room. Plenty of towels. A/C was either cold or hot - difficult to get to correct comfort temp. In the morning I went downstairs to get a decaf americano. The front desk girl didn't listen to me explain how to make it, even though the other gal at the front desk explained it to her several times. She finally had to come do it for her.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Massachusettes
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Clean, quiet, nicely designed rooms. Minutes from the airport, restaurants, shopping plaza and rt.95 highway. Very friendly staff. 15 minutes from downtown Jacksonville.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank brittaboo
Georgia
Reviewed 1 May 2011

All in all a pleasant stay. PROS: The room were clean and roomy. The mattress was comfortable and the linens were clean. The lobby, food area and pool were clean. The employees were pleasant and helpful. The hotel location was prefect for us. There was no airplane traffic during the night. CONS: "Free" breakfast was just OK. (I would rather pay a little less for the room and forget the breakfast). The coffee was not very good, which for me is more important than the food. The pool deck is not wide enough, so when the pool is crowded that is a bit of an issue. I bought a bottle of water in the lobby one night for $2.50. I thought the price was excessively high, but I was desperate. There was not a microwave in the room, which would have come in handy.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
North Carolina
Reviewed 29 April 2011

This is your typical Hyatt Place. Clean, roomy and well appointed. Every room was suite-style ..... two queen beds with a bath vanity on one end and on the other end was a corner couch (think 2-piece sectional sofa), a desk area and a wet bar area complete with mini frige. The sofa pulls out into a sofa bed. This is perfect for us because we have two teens who don't like to sleep in the same bed. Everything is exactly how it's pictured on the website.

One thing I do want to mention is the small bathrooms. If you've ever stayed inside a Disney Value or Moderate resort, it's the same type of bathroom set-up. Inside the bathroom is only a tub/shower and a toilet. That's it. Very small, the door barely clears the toilet. The vanity/sink/mirror area to "get ready" is actually in the room with the beds. Good because one person can get ready while another is in the shower but bad because there's no privacy.

The air unit was very loud so we had to blast the tv but the room was very clean and the beds were awesome. We stayed at this particular place because we wanted to visit the Jacksonville Zoo that day and it was a short ride.

Only an outside pool here, which was great because the weather was wonderful and it was so nice to be outside. The pool is small, but perfect size. Nice tables and chairs and in a quiet location behind the hotel. Parking was free.

The breakfast was only so-so. We stay at several Hyatt Place hotels and the breakfast is always the same. Basically munchies. Food is my only complaint while staying at a Hyatt Place. I've been to three different Hyatt Places this year and at none could they give me a tray to carry juices and bagels back to my room for the rest of my family while we were getting ready for the day. I didn't want to spill anything on the hotel's carpet so I had to make several trips downstairs.

I'll continue to stay at Hyatt Place hotels because the quality is a great value for the money and recommend these places to anyone.

Room Tip: Coupon at FL welcome center!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
toronto
Reviewed 2 March 2011

I stayed at this hotel prior to an early flight.
To start, every staff member was very nice.
I bid on this hotel and got a great deal on priceline.
Regardless, check in was easy and then headed to the room.
Comfortable king bed, big hdtv, and very clean.
The pool looked nice but I did not use it.
A basic but very fresh free breakfast as well as food to purchase was available in the mornig.
I took the free and very good 24 hour shuttle to the airport.
Overall, the hotel has been open two years and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo