“Great location, service, beds and breakfast.”

Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #24 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
“Great location, service, beds and breakfast.”
Reviewed 14 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed here bc of other trip advisor reviews. Hotel is right off of 95 and there are several restaurants within a mile of the hotel. Front desk people were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were modern, clean, comfortable, with big TV. Breakfast was awesome and complimentary. Got lots of value for the money. Would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank T-Yo_C-Diddy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Stayed at this hotel June 30th to July 3rd. What a difference from the early days!! I believe they are having problems with business going down? The people who stayed at this hotel were some of the biggest PIGS I have ever seen. I went down to breakfast at 6:30 am and all calm. Nice breakfast! Anyway I returned to my room and finished some work, I than returned downstairs to get a coffee refill and turned the corner only to find "THE PIGS" Their was food on the floor, no one bothered to put their trash in the garbage and it too was all over the floor!!! It looked like a herd of wild animals were being fed!!! I guess it was a holiday week and rates were low.... which in turn attracted the "animals" 10 to a room and the "free" breakfast!!! I believe it cost more to feed "THE PIGS" than they could have ever made up on the room rates. My god I seen one room with at least 8 kids and 4 teens!!!! This place was a great place to stay. A great staff and a great hotel....Now it is getting run-down and the "new" staff is rude and don't seem to care!!! What a difference!!! The rooms are dirty. Stains all over the couch, chair and bedspread!! YUCK!! MANAGEMENT TEAM TAKE A LOOK!!!

Room Tip: Even number rooms are away from the direct sun! A plus for me!! Be where the "crowd" befor...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank hawk1tdh
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 July 2012

If you are allergic to down, do not stay here. We arrived at midnight and discovered all the pillows and bed covers were made of down. My wife is allergic. At 2am we gave up trying to get other pillows and just used the couch pillows and the blanket that was in the closet. The staff was not motivated to solve this problem and by 2am your patience runs out. The room was very well designed and appointed by worn. Lots of stains on the couch and furniture. At 8am the maids knocking at all the doors. We did not have a good stay here.

Room Tip: There are several other NEW hotels in the area I would check out before staying here.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Dear hdbishopjr,

I was disappointed that our response to your request for non-down pillows and linens was not handled in a timely manner. I appreciate you taking the time to make me aware of this. Many times, it is only through this type of communication that we are made aware of our shortcomings and can take the necessary steps to correct them. Please be assured that I will address the issues that you mentioned with the staff in a constructive manner in order to prevent this type of occurance in the future. I apololgize for the problems and hope that we will have the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Should your travels bring you back to the Jacksonville area, please contact me and I will personally see that your requests are honored at our hotel.

John W. Parker, CHA
cruisefromFL
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Very happy with our stay. Family of 4. Clean and great service. This hotel sets the bar for future trips. Highly recommend.

Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

The best part is this place is just minutes from my grandkids

Land O Lakes, Florida
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This is the 2nd time my family and I stayed at Hyatt Place. The first was in Estero, FL which was a better stay for us than this one. The breakfast was still awesome as ever but the service is not as good as I expected. The location was a little hard to find without a GPS. Room was fine but could be better. Parking was good.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Lake Park, Georgia
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I am usually very picky about where we stay and I was a little hesitant staying at the Hyatt since I'm not familiar with it and also because my hubby said we would be close to the airport . The hotel is very nice from the outside, and I was very pleased with the inside too. Our room exceeded my expectations. It was very spacious and very clean.The pool area was nice,and we had the pool to ourselves for most of the afternoon They had fresh towels readily available at the pool area , and they also had a small gym available to guests. Oh, and being close to the airport was not an issue- I didn't notice any outside noise. Overall, I have no complaints and would most definitely stay at this hotel again !

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family