“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #27 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
PR
“Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

Upon arrival at JAX I took the shuttle to the hotel to begin with the van was brand new and the staff that picked us up was very friendly and well oriented in regard to filling us in on all the places we could go to and that the hotel would provide the transportation to. The mall is about 1/2 a mile away by transportation aprox. 3 mts. There is a Walmart, Old Navy, Paneria (bakery) wide variety of sandwiches and soup, Olive Garden, Pizza shop, Lowes, etc.
Upon arrival at the Hotel I was impressed by the beautiful decor in the Lobby. The hotel is very quiet and "spotless" housekeeping does an excellent job!
Breakfast is included and there was one employee in particular that was very very nice and knows the meaning of customer service at its best. Hats off to all of the staff at The Hyatt Place. You have a very proud staff working for you!
The room was very comfortable and I must mention once again "Spotless"
The convenience of being so close to the airport is a plus and the easy access to I95 is also a relief if you are planning on driving to Orlando or further up north.
The only recommendation I have for the Hotel is to please provide room service.....my daughter had to go down in her "jambes" to the reception desk to get a blanket can you imagine!
I was told that they were very busy which I guess that the same person that attends the front desk is also the person that I assume does room service???
If you want to have a late dinner you have to leave the Hotel because the hotel does not have a restaurant although I was able to order a hamburger with chips that by the way I had to go down to pick up, oops I would have preferred to have it delivered to my room after such a hard day.
The value of the money spent was well worth it. And yes I would definitely stay at The Hyatt Place if I am ever back in Jacksonville.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

One of the best stays, extremely clean throughout the whole hotel. Rooms are nice and big with great size flat screen T.V. Excellent hotel nice and quiet, breakfast is include this hotel would have been perfect if they had free coffee available 24/7 in the foyer and a microwave in the room they have plenty of room for one. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The front desk is very helpful and had no problem with giving me a 2pm late checkout. Hotel offers military discount. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

This is the fourth time my family has stayed at this hotel. The front desk agent was friendly and very helpful providing us with anything we needed. The hotel has modern décor and is very clean. My daughter loves the large TV and sitting area. The area around the airport has grown exponentially in the past couple of years and has several department stores and numerous restaurants within a couple of miles.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Travel_noise
Sarasota, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

We have always stayed at this exit and at a competitor up the street for years to break up our trip from Sarasota to the Charlotte, NC area to visit family. Our last visit to the hotel we usually stayed at was a disappointment in cleaniness and in the breakfast offered. Hyatt Place was a few $$ more, but more than worth it.

The rooms are large, clean, tv is awesome and modern decor a treat throughout the facility. The beds were awesome too; we were on the 6th floor and not a sound heard; best night's sleep in ages!

The breakfast had a nice variety of offerings from various juices, hot oatmeal, cold cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, french toast and two breakfast sandwiches with meat. My favorite was one that had spinach, cheese and mushrooms added.

An added plus is that it is a short distance across I 95 to a huge Shopping Center with chain restaurants, Wal-Mart and other stores.

We definitely will make Hyatt Place our choice, each way, when we visit family in the future!

Room Tip: Since the elevator is fast; recommend top floor (6th)
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ExBuffaloian
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012 via mobile

This was my first stay in this hotel and color me impressed. The front desk agent was fast friendly and very helpful. The hotel is very clean an inviting. My room was a Corner room and was one of the cleanest rooms I have had in awhile. I love the large tv and the sitting area that this hotel has. The air conditioning worked fantatsic. I will be back anytime I am in the jax area!

• Stayed October 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

This is a very nice hotel with great access to the airport, the interstate highway, shopping and restaurants. The hotel is fairly new and the lobby area and rooms were modern in design and a nice change from the usual layouts and furniture that you find in most hotels. We selected the hotel based on location, cost and reviews and it was a great choice.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family