“Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #28 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Sumter, South Carolina
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My family held a function in the area and we had an excellent experience from the front desk to the shuttle driver. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The bed was very comfortable along with adequate towels and accessories.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Stacy M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
I am so glad you had a great stay with us. We appreciate your review and hope that your travels bring you back to Jacksonville. We would love to see you again and take car of you while you are away from home. Yours in Hospitality.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Los Angeles
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This is my favorite hotel in the Jax area. It's only other competitor is Aloft but the Aloft is more modern. I like the room layout, a sectioned off living room from the beds. The Hyatt Place is more for business travellers. I like the huge flat screen with all the techno-hookups. This hotel is also situated away from hotel row and diagonally across from a Waffle House. Breakfast options are modernized: like a ciabatta with bacon, cheese and egg, or a vegetarian mushroom/cheese hot sandwich. They very good coffee (from Italy). There's food available for purchase 24x7. The front desk is loaded with many varieties of dessert for takeaway or to eat and soda. Service is good not 4or5star, adequate.

I like the breakfast setup. It feels like a modern kitchen with tables and stools and seating outside too

Con: No bathtub, No microwave. Beds are on the firm side.

Visits: 10+

Room Tip: Rooms facing the fields are relaxing and of course ask for a higher floor during checkin.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your response. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We changed the breakfast options a couple of months ago and it is great to get the feedback that you enjoyed it. I hope that when you are in Jacksonville, you will come and stay with us again. We love our repeat guests.
Yours in Hospitality.
Stacy
Gourock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2013

very pleased we chose this hotel, it was a lovely big room with separate sitting area and huge TV, staff were very friendly and helpful, breakfast was yummy (I can recommend the ham and egg on English muffin, already made up and waiting for you) and at the price we paid, amazing value!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Stacy M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Hyatt Place. We really try to exceed the expectations for our guests! I hope that if you are back in Jacksonville you will come and stay with us again. We love our repeat guests.

Yours in Hospitality,
Stacy Manthos
ohio
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We rarely stay at Hyatts but tried this one because of location and price. The people at the front desk were friendly. I had reserved an accessible room and they put us in a nonaccessible, but that was quickly remedied. The room was certainly big but just average as far as anything goes. The sink was in a weird spot, quite a ways from the bathroom across from the beds. I guess I expected a little more upper class from a Hyatt as far as furnishings and decor.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
I appreciate your taking the time to let us know of your stay. I apologize if your stay was less than you expected.

We do have a different layout in some of our rooms and I would be pleased to assign you to one of these on your next trip.

Please contact me when you are back in the Jacksonville Airport area and I will be happy to assign you to one of these rooms.

Yours in Hospitality,
Stacy Manthos
Secret usa
Reviewed 20 September 2013

only good thing about this
hotel that kept it from being a BIG FAT ZERO was the staff wait I take that back not all staff but these people actually made a diff in my stay and they should get a raise are something

LEAH WAS GREAT SHE AND RAIDER STAYED ON PHONE TRYING TO HELP WITH RESERVATION FOR OVER AN HOUR.

Mr Allen was the driver of the shuttle he was there with n 5 min of my call saying I was ay airport.

Trey went out of his way to make sure that my room was nit dirty ,,occupied or smoked in.

April ,Jessica and fabien were just super genuinely nice and cheer full

But the manager Stacy acts like she can't speak for her self when u when I ask to speak with the actual manager of the hotel she doesn't come out she finds out her little nippy a night auditor whatever she was um Kelly who haven't said one word to me the first 4 hours I was sitting downstairs at the bar but all the sudden she's going to come up to me and say oh well my manager said that we can hundred percent Compu yeah it should be comp because three rooms I was put in three rooms that were dirty there was many sound in the closet there is a bakers bed on the wall that was writing on the walls there's a hole in the Ottoman which that's normal wear and tear the carpet with Sophie I had a leak out about it on the last room even had I can't say if it was drugs because there's a housekeeping are whoever decided to throw it away but in the bathroom there was a towel with the toothpaste a lighter in a baggie with um white substance inside of it I said we should have called the police and let them tested but he said oh no they don't win have a kid yes they would have a kid um but they didn't do that they just come there whatever and I guess they're trying to feed them to the right but this hotel is not a high standard whatsoever I wish I could just take those employees that are good and just put them in actual nice hotel so they can see what the brand is supposed look like I swear Stacy doesn't deserve the front desk ,night audit or the driver that she has her and the wanna be manager KELLY need to wake up and smell the rotten apple's that they try to get people to eat they need to focus on cleaning instead of apples

• Stayed September 2013
8 Thank OKaliKay31
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Inclement summer storms forced this unexpected stop for one night. This hotel offers everything a traveler needs. It is conveniently located to the airport, shopping malls, restaurants and other amenities. Our room was spacious, comfortable and immaculate. All of the personnel were courteous and helpful. The expanded continental breakfast was bountiful and delicious. If you're in this area, and want a great hotel, this is the one!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Very impressed by the cleanliness & location of this hotel. Staff was very friendly, room service is affordable and impressive. The rooms brought a taste of home to my boyfriend & I, and it was very spacious! Shuttle service was an awesome benefit as well, didn't want to leave this place!!! Also, within walking distance of a gas station & a few other restaurants. highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple