“Another lovely stay”

Ranked #29 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Another lovely stay”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I've become quite the fan of the Hyatt Place concept in the past year or so ... they are, without question, consistently the best rooms at this price point. Each room is a suite and I've yet to stay in one that isn't clean, modern and comfortable. I'm not in love with the shower at this property - with the half glass door - but otherwise, this is an excellent option for a quick stay by the airport. Quick access to the airport and close enough to some dining (albeit nothing special) options. Friendly, efficient staff - as usual with Hyatt Place properties.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Stacy M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you so much for your Review. One of the great things about Hyatt Place is the rooms are all suites, so it makes for a comfortable stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in Jacksonville and I hope that you will join us again soon. Thank you again for the kind words and I will share with the staff at the hotel.
Stacy M.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Cons
We had te opportunity to stay 2 separate nights at this hotel. Our first night the shower was dirty with pink soap scum. They offered a special rate on our way back down. Rider was very helpful and gave us great customer service.
The second stay the shower again was dirty. Clearly their cleaning protocol is lacking. We asked for extra sheet, pillow and blanket. Only got half of it. Said they had no blankets. Really?

Pros
Very good size room for 6. Decent breakfast. Easy access of I 95.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you so much for your response. I am very sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. We are currently changing over some staff in our housekeeping department and your room may have slipped through the cracks. I have discussed this with my Rooms Division Supervisor and we are taking corrective action. I hope that you will give us another try in the future so that you can experience what the Hyatt Place is all about. Again, thank you for your comments as we can not improve if we don't know of the opportunities.
USA
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The Stay, Park and Fly feature the hotel offered was great. The hotel is conveniently located near the airport and a few dining options. The shuttle driver was very courteous and welcoming. He was timely with taking us to the airport and retrieving us upon our return, was very helpful and even told a couple of jokes as we traveled back to the hotel after a long day of flying. Our vehicle showed no signs of issues when we returned. I would suggest that the host/hostess review the guests' check-in information and provide any necessary information at the time of check-in. For example, we were not told the specifics about the shuttle departures, nor that there was a form we needed to complete if we were leaving our vehicle. We didn't find out the specifics until we asked to make an appointment for shuttle service the day before our flight.

The modern architecture and interior design of the hotel is appealing; however, the bathroom in our room was the size of a thimble!! We had to step into the bathroom between the toilet and the wall containing the tissue holder before the door could be closed. That was a very poor design idea.

The morning breakfast area needs a thorough cleaning. Several of the dishes were not clean and the caddies that contain the utensils and napkins were filled with debris and appeared to never have been wiped clean! How can one not see that BEFORE filling them with items guests must use to eat!! After seeing that, we surmised that might have been why some guests were asking the front desk staff about where other breakfast locations were in Jacksonville. There was one serving utensil that had to be shared among the breakfast skillet items which is not desirable if a guest has food allergies or for some other reasons does not eat certain types of food. I would definitely rather pay for breakfast than to accept a complimentary one that clearly is not sanitary or using proper food practices. If it looks like that in the area where guests can see it, I hate to even imagine what it looks like behind the counter and in the kitchen. Hopefully, someone will read this review and that issue can be quickly resolved and the cleanliness maintained.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Traveling_Jewel
Stacy M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. I am thankful that you enjoyed the Park and Fly option that we offer. I do apologize for the breakfast/kitchen opportunities you encountered. I will bring it to the attention of the Kitchen Manager. This is something that we will work on and fix for your next stay with us. Again, thank you for your feedback as this is the only way we can improve. We like our guests to have an outstanding stay every time. I will certainly work with the staff so we exceed your expectations on your next stay.
Big Island, Virginia
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stay at Hyatt Place every chance I get. Exceptional rooms, amenities and a great complementary breakfast. But a few issues emerged during this visit. When I checked in I had to go look for the desk clerk, and the same situation when I checked out. The breakfast cook checked me out. Perhaps a little short staffed?

Making the reservations presented some confusion. I reserved the room online on what I thought was the Hyatt Place Jacksonville website. That’s what I Googled and it looked exactly like the Hyatt Place Jacksonville website. I normally don’t use travel firms like Expedia because I can usually get more room choices, the same rate or better with no booking fees, and it eliminates a “middle man” if I have to make a change. A few days before my stay I noted two charges on my credit card statement I didn’t recognize. One was from TSP EAN Travel US and the other was ROOMSTAYSCOM. Further investigation revealed that the posts were for my Hyatt Place stay posted by outside travel entities and nowhere was Hyatt Place reservations indicted. Plus one of the posts from Roomstayscom was for booking fees that Hyatt claims they do not charge. Charges were posted in advance which I don't like. Upon check in, I asked if Hyatt was now outsourcing its reservations and charging booking fees. I was also concerned that charges appeared on my credit card before my stay which had never happened with Hyatt reservation before. The clerk said that someone had hacked my reservation request, confirmed that Hyatt doesn’t charge booking fees, and said she would follow up to see if the booking fee could be refunded. I never heard anything further. The lesson here is I must be especially careful that the webpage I am on is really the one I think I am on. The reservation debacle was probably my fault for not paying close enough attention to the website extensions. You really have to be careful out there.

1 Thank AFRTS
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate the feedback. I am so glad that overall you had a good stay. I am very sorry for the confusion with the reservation and check in process. We have had this happen before on occasion but we think we have the issue fixed. Again, I apologize for any confusion and please know that Hyatt.com does not have any booking fees. Thank you again for the feedback as it is our pleasure to exceed your expectations on your future stays.

Owasso, Oklahoma
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We typically always stay at this hotel when flying out of JAX. It is clean, the staff is friendly, it has good food options and the rooms are huge! I had made a reservation for 9/25, checking out the next morning, and then another reservation for 10/1 as our flight was getting in late that night. The person who checked us in was very friendly and made sure we were all set up for the 10/1 reservation as well. When we arrived back that night the front desk staff made sure to ask us if we wanted anything to eat or drink and were prompt and courteous picking us up from the airport. It is well worth the money to stay here!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Stacy M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
I am so glad that you are a repeat guest with us! I am glad to hear that you stay with us while traveling through Jacksonville. We really try and exceed the expectations of our guests! I will certainly pass along your comments to the staff and let them know you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport for a family gathering. I couldn't have been more please with the customer service. Jessica was extremely when I checked in, and checked me out expeditiously when I left. Rita was also a pleasure to work with. Not only were the rooms immaculate and modern; the overall feel of hotel was that of luxury and cleanliness. Additionally, the ladies who prepared the breakfast for the a.m. Skillet were beyond helpful and attentive. The food was excellent!! Furthermore, there was not one staff member that I encountered that did not speak to me or offer to provide me any assistance that I may need. Also, the hotel was conveniently located near the interstate,several popular restaurants, and several retail stores. When I am in the Jacksonville area again, hands down this will be my hotel choice. Bottom line, you can't go wrong with this hotel. This was definitely a superb value for the price!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Stacy M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that your stay exceeded your expectations. We take customer service very seriously and I am so glad the staff took care of you! I hope your travels will bring you back to Jacksonville, as we would love to see you again! Yours in Hospitality.
Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My family held a function in the area and we had an excellent experience from the front desk to the shuttle driver. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The bed was very comfortable along with adequate towels and accessories.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
I am so glad you had a great stay with us. We appreciate your review and hope that your travels bring you back to Jacksonville. We would love to see you again and take car of you while you are away from home. Yours in Hospitality.