“Nice hotel for quick overnight stay”

Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #29 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice hotel for quick overnight stay”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Booked the hotel room 3 months prior to visit. Requested 2 Queen beds. When we arrived at the hotel at 8pm, I was told I would be given a room with 1 queen bed and a pull out bed. I stated that would not work. I reserved a room with 2 Queen beds and a pull out bed would not be comfortable after our 14 hour drive from the Northeast. The clerk asked another person behind the desk what could be done for me. The manager ? told her to give me 2 separate rooms with King beds. I was extremely happy they were able to accommodate me.

One of the rooms did not have a TV remote. We called down to the desk and was told someone would bring one up right away. No one showed up. I reported it to the front desk the next morning since I did not want to be charged for a missing remote.

The room was nice with a huge sofa and foot rest. TV was a large screen tv with a nice panel on the side to charge phones, computers. The WIFI worked fine. The bathroom was small and it was impossible to turn on the shower without get wet (cold water).

We used the breakfast area as soon as it opened the next day so we did not experience running out of items except for coffee. With the hotel being sold out, they should have multiple urns of coffee available. It seems like the clerk behind the front desk had to do many jobs.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CCCLady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Big Island, Virginia
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I visited here three months ago. Other than difficulty with the reservation and lack of front desk staff available, my previous stay was enjoyable. During this visit the front desk staff is much improved. This time, other issues emerged however. Booked a twin room that I now understand doesn't have a walk in shower, just a tub. However the tub doesn't have hand holds so it's hard to get out of and the surface is slippery. I mentioned the lack of hand holds to the desk clerk at checkout and some should be installed. Her reply was that I should have gotten a king room with the shower but no tub. Wasn't the response I was looking for. The room's carpet and bed covers had soil stains, and the walls were full of scrapes and in need of paint. Generally the room looks time-worn and in need of renovation. And after I left I reviewed my receipt and discovered I had been charged $13.95 for one chocolate chip cookie. So, I'm sending a letter request for a refund. As I recall, the cost was $3.95. Probably won't return until some renovation is completed. I generally like the Hyatt Place hotels, such as the one at Stirling (Dulles Airport), but this one needs some attention.

Room Tip: Go with the King Room and the walk-in shower.
Bachenbuelach
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This is a great hotel the only problem was at breakfast, but the problem there is not enough
staff.
One lady for preparing food, cleaning, making coffee

Pleas add at least one additional person then would it perfect

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Stacy M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you so much for your positive review of your stay. I am so glad you enjoyed your time at the hotel. We are working on our breakfast to improve it even more. Again, thank you and we hope you return real soon.
Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This place is neat and clean with friendly staff. What's not to like? I'll tell you.

1) The housekeeping staff was one reason I had to give this hotel four instead of five stars for this visit. For two days in a row they wanted to just give us fresh towels instead of clean the entire room and make the bed. One day, we were out for ours. They could have come down from the other end of the hall, saw we were gone, and cleaned up. The other day, we were not absent for as long. But if we knew what was happening, we would have gone out to lunch so they could clean the bathroom, etc.

2) Less importantly, the breakfast buffet was very nice. But it seemed understaffed. There was always something lacking, from coffee that had run out to trash lying around from patrons that had left.

Some other thoughts:

We stayed in a handicap-accessible room. (My wife always uses a wheelchair.) The room and its accommodations were excellent. However, there was not one chair in the room. And it had a fridge (thanks), but no microwave. Next time we will stay in a place with both, which is not hard to find.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sending in your comments for your stay with us. I apologize for the breakfast being out of supplies. We updated our breakfast options as of January 1st and we are still getting used to quantities and standards. I hope you will give us another try in the future. Again, thank you for your review as we cannot exceed your expectations if we don't know the opportunities.
Suntree, Florida
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We normally like the Hyatt Place. The one in Jacksonville was good, but not great. There was nothing really wrong, but our room was very blah. We spent two nights.

The bathroom was so tiny my husband had to turn sideways to get in. It's hard to explain but it was like the door was to big to open all the way to get into the small bathroom. It was a weird layout. After the first night we noticed the bathroom had a few stray hairs on the floor in the corners and there was some mildew buildup. The shower head is the rain shower type which is awful is you have long curly hair. The other strange thing is the water itself. I think it's the softener the hotel has. The shampoo and soap don't seem to rinse off very well.

The rest of the room appeared clean. The refrigerator didn't cool very well. My canned soda was semi cold in the morning after being in the fridge all night.

Parking was plentiful, bed was comfortable, room was quiet.

The cleaning person did a great job on our room after the first night. I think her name was Tiffany. I left her a nice tip because the room was very fresh and clean and no stray hairs after she cleaned.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ariesfire
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you enjoyed some parts of your stay. I am sorry that the layout and configuration of hte bathroom did not suit your needs. I hope that the good out weighs the bad and you will give us another try in the future. Again, thank you for your comments as we cannot improve if we don't know.
Outside Atlanta GA
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Everything screams luxury from the moment we entered. The rooms are large, beautiful and comfortable, the linens are soft and beds are comfortable. The breakfast area was lovely, and it was so nice to have breakfast included. It seems like they were a little overwhelmed that day as things ran out quickly (the egg dish) plates and bowls were not replenished and they ran out of coffee. It was ok though because the coffee was vile - bitter and none of us in my party could drink it, even when they brought out a fresh pot. The orange juice was also like orange colored water. Not a huge problem, I would definitely stay there again.
We loved the park and cruise option, the problems here is they didn't tell us of the cost of the shuttle until departure, and the shuttle didn't pick us up from the port when we got back. We stood for over an hour in the cold rain (40 degrees) waiting after we called. I would think Hyatt wouldn't do business with such an unreliable company. But those aren't really Hyatt issues - just a warning if you're doing the park and cruise. Beware of Super shuttle! You may get stranded at the port.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Stacy M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Coffeebeagle,
I am glad to hear that your stay with us while traveling through Jacksonville was a good one. We really try and exceed the expectations of our guests! I will certainly pass along your comments to the staff and let them know you enjoyed your stay. I understand how important that cup of coffee is in the morning and I will certainly look into what happened the morning of your stay. I will also investigate what happened with the Cruise Shuttle service and get that rectified immediately. I hope that you will stay with us again when you are in town. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
Yours in hospitality,
Bliss,NY
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The Hyatt Place is an excellent hotel. The rooms are clean and are decorated very nicely. The rooms have a divider where the living area and bedroom are separated, but yet sides can still view the television. The breakfast is not your normal hotel breakfast. They have freshly made breakfast sandwiches, pancakes,fruit,cereal,juices and coffee. The staff were very pleasant which is rare now a days. They also have computers for your use or free wi-fi in the rooms. There is also a printer for guests to use at no extra charge. There is also a airport shuttle if you need it. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you DeeDee915 for your kind words about the hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to submit a review. We always love to hear from our guests. I will pass along your comments to the staff and let them know you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Regards,