“Very Decent Hotel”

Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #20 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Pros:

Great free breakfast. Selection changes from day to day which was nice. Day 1 was the fruit/donut/bagel bar, with pancakes, sausage, and eggs. Day 2 was the fruit/donut/bagel bar with 2 different types of breakfast sandwiches and french toast. Both days were excellent.

Room was very clean, and has a great layout. I do wish the TV was visible from the desk, but it was no big deal. Bathroom was great, shower was excellent, and the bed was very tidy. Also included an over-sized couch which was pretty nice.

Free WiFi internet with hardwire if your bring an ethernet cable. Wifi signal was good all over.

Parking was never an issue.

It's right across the highway from several restaurants and shopping, and is about a 7 minute drive from the hotel which was very convenient.

24/7 restaurant, which I didn't try, but did have an ok selection. Nothing too extravagant, and didn't have a wide selection of different foods, but would suffice.

Front desk was also friendly. I think the person who was helping me was in training, but they named all 6 people behind the desk (which was clearly something they were required to memorize), which was funny to watch.

Cons:

No room service for the restaurant. This kind of bugged me. If a hotel has a 24/7 restaurant, it should have room service. You can call down to place your order and pick it up, but come on, lets be real. When we goto a hotel with a restaurant in house, we expect room service.

The internet speed was roughly 2mbps download. Ok for checking e-mail, but if you do gaming or video streaming, it can be sort of a pain. Not the greatest.

The location is great from the airport, but from downtown Jacksonville, it was a hike. Not really the hotel's fault obviously, but Jacksonville is an extremely large city (geographically), so it took a good drive down 95 to get there.

Other:

The remote in my room was dead when I got in there, but I just called the front desk and they brought me one right back up.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have stayed at this location more than once and it's always a real treat. The staff is so friendly, the rooms a very well kept and the property is beyond maintained.

I definitely will be staying at this location in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Clynnm0702
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

We had two one night stays about a week apart.

The rooms are spacious, well cleaned, and in excellent condition. Each room has a sectional, large bed, desk, bath and mini-fridge.

WiFi is available. Breakfast slightly above average. Good deals from hotel discounters. Access is easy fromI-10 and airport.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

This was a great hotel experience. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very spacious. The customer service was also excellent. I had a meeting on the day we were checking out at 2pm. Although check out time is at noon, they were perfectly willing to extent it to 1st to accommodate my meeting time.

The hotel also provides a complimentary breakfast that is pretty good. There is Wi Fi that works great and the rooms have a work station which made it easy for me to get work done on my laptop .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice our 2 night stay was. I sometimes worry about the cleanliness of a room, etc. We were in town for a rock concert and It was nice to be able to get back and have a peaceful sleep. Comfy beds, comfortable space. There were no noise disturbances. We plan on heading back to Jacksonville in June and will most definitely stay at the Hyatt. I loved that the info sheet listed nearby restaurants, etc. very helpful! Staff were polite and accommodating.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

It was very clean and the staff was very helpful. It was also very quiet nobody disturbed us the whole time. The breakfast was well stocked and very good. Will stay there again and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Beds uncomfortable head downhill and or sagging to the side. They did move me after I let them know. After looking at 3 other rooms I found 1 that was acceptable. Then someone walked in on me without knocking a company to clean carpets yes I am Livid!!!
This place needs to be refurbished !!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Jacksonville hotels
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Jacksonville Airport
#74 of 134 in Jacksonville
Jacksonville Marriott
Jacksonville Marriott
#53 of 134 in Jacksonville

Been to Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport

Address: 14565 Duval Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32218-2494
Region: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#20 Romantic Hotel in Jacksonville
#51 Business Hotel in Jacksonville
Price Range: £94 - £140 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport 3*
The Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport is the newest property in the area. Hyatt Place offers complimentary shuttle service to and from Jacksonville International Airport. 127 well appointed rooms with a 42 inch HD television set, the Hyatt Grand Bed, and 24 hour food service all are yours at the Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport Hotel Jacksonville