“Just great!”

Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #20 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Friendly staff, clean room and bathroom, liked the separation in the room - almost a suite. Easy check in and check out. Would definitely stay again. Flatbread from restaurant downstairs was very good, too.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank UncleTravelingMatt12

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My thanks to Matthew with the reservation line and Wade at the hotel for helping to me secure reservations for myself and my extended family so we could attend my grandson's third birthday. The rooms were great. We had everything from two queens and a sofa bed to a king bed with sofa bed, total of four rooms. There was plenty of room for all of the kids. The rooms are large with a separate sitting area that includes a mini fridge that came in handy when we had leftovers after going to dinner at a local restaurant. The pool area was nice and the pool was exceptionally clean. We ran out of towels but the staff immediately restocked them when alerted. Breakfast this morning was great! Lots of selection, something for everyone in this family and plenty for two teenage growing boys. Staff keep the breakfast items well stocked and managed to keep up with a very heavy stream of guests. All of the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. My husband and I have stayed at this hotel in the past when we have gone to Fernandina Beach to visit my daughter and her family and have always been very happy with our experience, which is why I recommended the hotel to my entire family. We will definitely stay at this hotel again in the future when we make the trip to Fernandina Beach.

Room Tip: If you have small children make sure you do not get the room with the King Bed because it only has a...
1  Thank Valerie F
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Hyatt's are always my number one choice for hotel when I travel. Hyatt place is especially good for family traveling because the rooms are spacious. The staff was friendly and rooms were clean and modern. The only complaints are that our room didn't have a bathtub for the kids, but you can probably request a room with one, and they TV channel line up wasn't as extensive as I would have expected (no Disney, HGTV, etc). We don't have cable at home, so the kids being able to wake up and watch Disney is usually a treat at hotels, but not really a big deal in the scheme of things. The free breakfast is also a great perk about this hotel.

1  Thank paulmguf
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Airport shuttle was fast and friendly. Rooms very clean and homey. I also, asked for a room away from the elevator and very glad I did. I never heard a peep. Breakfast was okay..Many choices, but I did find some of it was cold or over cooked. But still found something to fill me up. Everyone was extremely nice. If I ever come back to Jacksonville I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from Elevators and wifi is better in the higher up rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TiffanyEarnest
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Now this is what I call the flagship of how to treat your guests. Pick up from airport. No worries!! It arrived in 5 mins. Friendly smiling driver...check in. No worries...basically we were asked which room would you prefer? Which floor. High or low....we immediately felt WELCOMED & WANTED. It was great. The hotel is wonderful. The rooms are large...partitioned off to allow our teenage son to have his own area. HE LOVED IT. The pool was beautiful. Tables and lounges were available. We took our morning coffee down there. It has a romantic feel to it.

The hotel provides you with a complimentary breakfast and it was adequate. I really enjoyed the French toast. The girls in the kitchen were so hard working and nice....I saw amazing team work occurring at this hotel....worth noting should u be trying to instal such business practices at your work place. Take them here. All staff work together to make this hotel a cut above the rest!

Do yourself a favor - book here. Oh and they even provided proper cups in the room. (I detest them paper ones)

Room Tip: Unless u want to drive to beach u won't need to hire car. Hotel shuttle does amazing drop off an...
1  Thank Aussiebab
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived for our pre-cruise overnight, every staff member went out of their way to make our stay exceptional. Brooke and Nikki found us a great room even though we arrived hours early for checkin. Sisk drove us in the shuttle from the airport, and later shuttled us to lunch and shopping. What lovely energy! The included breakfast was far beyond our expectations.

The rooms are generous and clean, the bathrooms spotless, and every single staff member was friendly and went above and beyond.

This hotel provided a level of service far beyond the $125 price tag, which is why it rates 5 stars.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I only spent one night but Not that impressed. Coffee maker didn't work but they replaced it right away with a new one. There was dust on the prior coffee maker (which had water in it) and dust around the TV stand. One TV that had to be shared between the bedroom and the living area in the front.
Breakfast was different, kudo's on that but they were a bit chewy at 7:30 am I think they had been out for a while. No juice glasses and kitchen staff appeared more busy talking then serving. I don't know why they place the plates/bowls above the food, I saw many people wandering around looking for the plates.
Double queen bed room on 6th floor, one bed was right up against the floor air/heat unit so not possible to walk around the bed on that side. Refrig, no microwave and no sink out in the living area, which is where the coffee maker was placed.
I agree the staff was very personable and friendly. Lobby appeared very neat and clean.
Location was great, very close to multiple chain restaurants and shops, very convenient to the highway with next to no noise from highway or airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family