“Almost a perfect ten”

Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #22 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 14 October 2010

We stayed in a really well appointed king room. Front desk/staff were really great; helpful in every way, although their recommendation of Millhouse was disappointing. May-be because we didn't order steak and made mistake of ordering fish. Very new clean hotel w/bkfst and a reliable shuttle service to airport and car rental. My only complaint was trying unsuccessfully to adjust thermostat in room. Unfortunately, the main mechanism was right next to the king bed and very noisy. I don't know if rooms w/double beds have this problem. Other than that, it was spot on.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 October 2010

One of the cleanest, friendliest, well maintained hotels I have stayed at in a long time. I was skeptical staying at a hotel close to the airport (I'm very very picky about where I sleep) but this hotel was comfortable, convenient, and affordable. Very close to the airport (5 minutes away) and lots of restaurants to choose from. The rooms were spacious and clean! If ever back in the area I will definitely be booking a room there again!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2010

My husband and I stayed here on September 26, 2010, an overnight stay before a cruise out of Jacksonville. Upon arrival, the clerk was new and in training so it took a few extra minutes to check in. In and of itself, not a problem.... everyone needs to learn by doing. However, she was a little too enthusiastic and her spiel about hotel ammenities took a few more minutes at a time when we were tired from traveling all day and more than a little cranky. Just point me to the elevator please.

The rooms were very nice, split design with a living/work area and a bedroom area. A small refrigerator and a desk were nice to find. The bathroom was also very nice with an insuite sink and mirror, the toliet and shower in a small separate room. There was no bath, just a walk in shower which my husband loved. Being shorter, I had trouble reaching things as the soap shelf was above my head and there was no place to lay a towel without it either being out of reach or getting wet within. Also less than comfortable to shave for a woman, no place to prop a foot.
The hotel was exceptionally clean and modern and comfortable, the morning breakfast was plentiful and the coffee was good. It was close to shopping and restaurants and the room we stayed in was very quiet.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gypsywych
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Hyatt Place is very modern and extremely clean. The rooms are well-appointed, the staff is friendly and helpful and the complimentary breakfast was very good. We also parked our car here while we took a cruise from the Jax Cruise Port. Transportation to the terminal was reasonable and convenient. We had a handicap room with a walk-in shower and were totally pleased with this facility.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gipsyjo
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I searched hotels and reviews, Hyatt stood apart and as the only 3 star when you bid on priceline for a JAX airport hotel you will get the Hyatt only! Huge room, king suite, a couch that seats 7 or 8, juge HD TV that pivots, really nice shower and room set up. This room could host a party of 20+ people! Best stay ever! I am not in a Hilton in Norfolk that cost twice as much and not 1/2 as nice. Will only stay at the Hyatt JAX from now on, dont even look at the others, waste of time. Go Priceline and get a great deal...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank robcollins
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I visit a friend in Jacksonville several times a year. I prefer to stay in the airport area because of the availability of restaurants nearby. This year I found the Hyatt Place. It's new, modern looking and quite nice in quality. The large flat screen TV swivels towards the sofa and the beds. It has a connector on the column for hooking up video games or a computer to the display. No need for a suite with the huge sectional. My big complaint is the carpet. It has a weird tactile feel that is uncomfortable. I like to walk around in socks and I could feel it through the fabric. It bothered me enough that I am considering staying elsewhere. Other than that, I would give the Hyatt Place five stars.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We were only in town for one night but it was a great hotel. Clean, fresh. Really nice place. We'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple