“Room was not ready, whole place smells. Solid breakfast. Excellent location.”

Best Western Plus Cecil Field Inn & Suites
Ranked #42 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Herrin, Illinois
“Room was not ready, whole place smells. Solid breakfast. Excellent location.”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This was a 1 night stay as we were just passing through on a very long drive. I informed the hotel we would be arriving very late (3am) and the room needed to be ready. We didn't need to be jacking around at 3:30 a.m. going downstairs to get bedding and putting sheets on a sofabed that I told them we would be using. The entire facility smells of feeble attempts to remove smoke odor. There was a very large pile (waist high) of dirty laundry next to the elevator. The king bed was very hard and unforgiving for side sleepers. Room was clean but needed some touching up. Staff was friendly and polite. We enjoyed the breakfast. Location was easy to find and just outside of town in a decent area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank BringTheFunk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

This was an overnight stop as we traveled from South FL to Upstate SC. We checked in at 7:30 pm & requested a king-size bed. The only king bed available was in a handicap-accessible room. The maid was still making the bed when we opened the door. The carpet was pretty worn, and there was a slight musty odor. We laid down to go to sleep at 9:30, and at 11:08 pm we were awakened by the sound of a vacuum cleaner being used in the room next door. We managed to doze off and on the remainder of the night, despite the sound of housekeeping carts being moved about in the hallway, doors being opened and closed, and the sound of the air conditioner turning on and off. Took a shower in the handicap-accessible bathroom the next morning which flooded the bathroom floor and made it rather treacherous. Judging from the decibel level of the bathroom fan, you would have thought it would suck out every bit of humidity, but that was not the case.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GinnyinSC
jacksonville fl, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2013

directions were great an advice on things to do were helpful. The directions from hotel to activities help save time and money since we checked out possible money saving deals at the sights we went. I don't have anything more to say so since I can't finish until I have typed 200 characters what I am writing is just to fulfill the 200 minimum requirement

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Orlando, United States
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Very Friendly staff and accommodations. Great breakfast and nice variety. I would recommend this Hotel for the average business traveler or family visiting the area. It's convenient to major highways and still out of the hustle and bustle. West Jacksonville right off I-10.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was satisfied with everything except the price. Too high although I know the market value would justify it. Next time I will look for a lesser priced hotel to save money. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The pool is in an odd place behind the hotel and not used by many guests although the temperatures were high. The pool just didn't look inviting seeing how it was located behind the building as part of the parking lot. The hotel itself is nice but not in the greatest of locations as there isn't much around. If Orange Park was not a traffic nightmare I would have stayed there for much less.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stay here twice a week on business. The only problem with the hotel I have is when it rains it floods the parking lot which should be fixed. But over all my wife and I stay at Best Westerns when we go on vacations

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Land O Lakes, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The room was very nice with extremely comfortable beds. Could not get wi-fi to work first night and was told that a thunderstorm the night before had probably knocked it out. Still could not get on the following morning and went to the desk with my computer. The young lady reset the server and I still could not get on. We went out and when we returned the young lady saw me and told me that I would be able to get on wi-fi as they had to reset the entire thing. I was impressed that she watched for me to return. Breakfast items are spread out so make sure you see what all is available before serving your self. Would definitely stay again. One bad thing was the smell of the elevator.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple