Best Western Plus Cecil Field Inn & Suites
La Quinta
US$157
Homewood
US$113
All reviewsbest westernsfamily suitecracker barrel restaurantwalking distance to cracker barrelchipped paintegg pattiesshower stallwalk in showerbeds were very comfortablethe hotel is cleanthree nightsexcellent breakfastdesk clerkoff the highwaystay there againfitness roommorning breakfast
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here 1 night.
PROS: Very close to the interstate -easy access off & on to ramps. Good breakfast, the manager over the kitchen did a good job keeping the breakfast bar stocked & hot.
CONS: When I got off the elevator to go to my room the smoke was so heavy in the hallway it was like a film. Went to my room hoping it would be better, the smoke wasn't as strong in the room but it smelled of old smoke in the carpet, drapes & lines. I went back to the front desk to see if I get another room, they did not have any other rooms. I put my clothes I was wearing the next day back in my car so they would not smell. This was a good thing since everything in my travel bag had to be washed when I got home due to the smell. nternet was extremely slow, very hard to stay here for business. Some of the machines in the fitness center did not work.
There are other hotels on this exit, which I've stayed at before & been very happy with. They did not have any rooms which is why I tried this hotel. In the future if the other hotels do not have rooms I will go just another exit or so on the interstate & try another hotle.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank workhardanythingposs
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We were just stopping for one night as we traveled from Florida back up to the Mid-Atlantic. The room was very nice, but the sulfur in the water added an unpleasant faint odor to the room. Once we were in the room, we were not aware of the odor. The front desk staff were very helpful. The breakfast is complimentary and the staff assisted us in making sure there was enough food. The room was very clean and we can recommend this facility.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This was a 1 night stay as we were just passing through on a very long drive. I informed the hotel we would be arriving very late (3am) and the room needed to be ready. We didn't need to be jacking around at 3:30 a.m. going downstairs to get bedding and putting sheets on a sofabed that I told them we would be using. The entire facility smells of feeble attempts to remove smoke odor. There was a very large pile (waist high) of dirty laundry next to the elevator. The king bed was very hard and unforgiving for side sleepers. Room was clean but needed some touching up. Staff was friendly and polite. We enjoyed the breakfast. Location was easy to find and just outside of town in a decent area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank BringTheFunk
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

This was an overnight stop as we traveled from South FL to Upstate SC. We checked in at 7:30 pm & requested a king-size bed. The only king bed available was in a handicap-accessible room. The maid was still making the bed when we opened the door. The carpet was pretty worn, and there was a slight musty odor. We laid down to go to sleep at 9:30, and at 11:08 pm we were awakened by the sound of a vacuum cleaner being used in the room next door. We managed to doze off and on the remainder of the night, despite the sound of housekeeping carts being moved about in the hallway, doors being opened and closed, and the sound of the air conditioner turning on and off. Took a shower in the handicap-accessible bathroom the next morning which flooded the bathroom floor and made it rather treacherous. Judging from the decibel level of the bathroom fan, you would have thought it would suck out every bit of humidity, but that was not the case.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GinnyinSC
Reviewed 30 September 2013

directions were great an advice on things to do were helpful. The directions from hotel to activities help save time and money since we checked out possible money saving deals at the sights we went. I don't have anything more to say so since I can't finish until I have typed 200 characters what I am writing is just to fulfill the 200 minimum requirement

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple