“Great Food, Service and a Big Surprise”

Mitchell's Fish Market - Jacksonville
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market - Jacksonville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 2,013 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Amelia Island, Florida
“Great Food, Service and a Big Surprise”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My wife and I had lunch at Mitchell's earlier this week. It was our first time at Mitchell's, a chain restaurant with shaded outdoor seating on the fringe of Town Center Mall in Jacksonville. It has a warm chop house feel.

We were greeted well by the hostess and promptly seated with our small dog. The waiter greeted us with a big smile and presented our dog with a metal bowl of iced water which was paramount to serving him a Martini! He couldn't have been more accommodating. I had the fish and lobster chips which was very good. My wife had a cobb salad also excellent. The food and space was great and we commented that we would definitely come back.

Now for the surprise. Opening my email this morning was an email from Sarah Smith, the Operations Manager of MFM, advising that they had found my wife's IPhone that had been left behind. She wrote a very nice note and told us that she would keep the phone safe until we could return and pick it up.

I know from experience that it sometimes takes a lot of time to figure out who belongs to a phone so we very much appreciate Sarah and the folks at Mitchell's that took the time and effort to find us.

So, a nice lunch and a great reason to return for another great meal. Thanks Mitchell's Fish Market!!

• Visited April 2014

Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Great seafood”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The choice of fresh seafood from around the world fixed in the manner you select is wonderful. The service is great and the decor is comfortable. Don't forget to save room for desert, as they have the best carrot cake in the world, and one serving can serve 2 or more people.

Visited February 2014
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, USA
“Our First Visit”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Mid priced seafood chain. Had lunch with my wife. The fish sandwich and salad were very good. Service was way above most chains that we have been to. Prices were reasonable.

Visited March 2014
Amelia Island, Florida
“Mitchell's Fish Market on March 4”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Met some friends for dinner at Mitchell's Fish Market after work Tuesday. This was probably my third or fourth time at the restaurant but it has been a long time. It has such great atmosphere, very pleasing, but the food was just average. Wasn’t expecting a large amount of food, actually it was the right amount portion size, but there was no taste to the fish. Very disappointing to the palette.
Not sure if I would return at this point. There are so many restaurants around that serve great tasting food, especially here in Florida for seafood. I do like the restaurant for meeting people, it is quiet, clean, nice, but the food needs to improve.

• Visited March 2014
Lansing, Illinois, United States
“new favorite”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was my first visit and we invited friends from out of town. The steak and shrimp was excellent.
Everyone enjoyed the dinner and the cost was very reasonable. We definitely will return since we live in the area.

• Visited February 2014