“Good but somewhat disappointing...”

Ruth’s Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth’s Chris Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,056 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Flagler
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Tried this restaurant last Thanksgiving and had a nice experience so we thought we'd try it again as a special occasion dining experience (birthday)
and were somewhat disappointed. Started with the onion soup, nice broth but no cheese? Asked the waiter about it and this is how it is prepared.
Oh well...Biggest disappointment was the steak. Our party ordered several rib eyes and though they were cooked properly and flavorful, they were at most 3/4 of an inch thick. Much too thin, in my opinion, for an establishment that prides itself on being an upscale steakhouse. I expected at least 1.25 inches. Side dishes were great and service was excellent. It was very nice to have a Spanish speaking waiter since I was entertaining visitors from Venezuela so this helped immensely. May try this restaurant one more time but would love to see that nice thick slab of beef presented to me on a sizzlin' plate.
I may try this restaurant again but

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We have been to Ruth's Chris in Jacksonville many times and have never , in the slightest way, been disappointed. And... The view is terrific.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Sure, (most) everyone's heard of a Rolex, their quality is never questioned, and everyone wants one, but they aren't the least expensive or most exclusive timepiece. Ruth's is a lot like that. It wasn't the best meal I have ever tasted, but it was superb in its own right. I've eaten in at least 8 different Ruth's in the last 2 years and one has to admire the precision and consistency across all of the locations. The filet was tender, cooked to order, cut like butter, and burst with flavor. The staff was attentive to all needs and would never let so much as a glass of ice water go empty. The one thing that really impressed me was the training the hostess and all the staff must have received. I have a very difficult to pronounce and long last name and the hostess asked me for it as I walked in the restaurant. I just smirked and gave it to the hostess when asked thinking it was a stupid requirement to give your name as a walk-in. I was pleasantly surprised when my servers worked it into their greetings. There is nothing quite as pleasant as hearing your own name. You feel welcome. You feel at home. Thanks for another memorable meal, Ruth's! I shall return.

1  Thank ObanSkye
Reviewed 16 October 2013

When you look at the cost of meal for 2 people with one cocktail each$200.00 it was not worth it.
Our steaks were tough and sent back. Our baked potatoes were so cold they wouldn't melt butter. Did not expect this at all. Especially when were told their steaks are prime cut meats.
The service was very good.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

After a long week at the office, a few drinks at Ruth's took away part of the sting of the business week. What a nice way to chill out and start the weekend.. Their wine and drinks are awesome; the staff is always friendly; the managers pop by to make sure everyone's happy! Their appetizers are awesome and out of the norm.