“Nice hotel, Interesting location”

Courtyard Jacksonville I-295/East Beltway
Ranked #29 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 5 August 2011

The hotel was great! Nice decor and great rooms the location was centrally located but not that convenient to get to. It is located on the edge of a Walmart property which wasn't and really an issue but just made it a little harder to reach the hotel as it wasnt directly connected to the main road.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Very impressed with this new Marriott. Very clean and modern. Loved the modern decor. Within walking distance of Wal-mart and Liquor store. Great internet and Wi-fi. The only down side was the pool area. It is basically in the middle of a parking lot. But It would not deter me from staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Spent two nights here last week while in the Jacksonville area.

Location: As the name indicates, this hotel is located on the Northeast side of Jacksonville. The surrounding area, while safe, seems a little on the bland side. There is a mall/shopping area nearby, but not much else. Oh yeah, the hotel shares a parking lot with a Walmart Supercenter...lots of interesting characters hanging out at all times. The majority of the parking for the hotel is located in the back. This would be fine, except they lock the rear entrance at certain times. So if you arrive to check in the evening, you have to park in the back, and drag your luggage all the way to the front door to check in. Since the back door is the main entrance for anyone arriving by car, they really should leave it unlocked for people checking in.

Hotel/Rooms: Once you get past the awkward location/parking/door situation, it's actually a very nice place. Very modern lobby area and rooms. Outdoor pool in back of hotel always seemed to be busy. Nice fitness center. Room was clean, bed comfortable, everything worked as it should. Nice large flat screen TV.

Lots of nice options in Jacksonville, but if you need to be on this side of town, this is a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank BlueDart404
Reviewed 13 May 2011

This Courtyard is the new style - I could not believe how nice it was inside and how modern and up to date. Lobby has large living room style area with TV, many tables for eating as well as a starbucks, a bar and food available. This was a superb business stop that felt much higher end than the Courtyard brand would lead you to believe.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2011

We visited Jacksonville on our April break to see family. The Marriott/Kendall Town was beautiful. The rooms were spotless and comfy. The staff is very attentive and responded to any special request quickly. The outdoor area is very relaxing with a pool,hottub and gas firepit (our girls loved it) . We were close to all major attractions and right off of 9A north and south. With Starbucks coffee and newspaper of my choice in the morning, along with 2 for 1 wine or beer in the evening, this is a great find in the Jacksonville area. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Nice enough hotel but service is lacking. Keys were constantly not working with the excuse my cell; phone or magnets must be affecting them. Problem is I travel for work 4 times a month and never have an issue with other hotels key cards. Also, the internet is not working call the front desk yes it is the whole hotel not just your room.....silence.....I can cal the provider if you want me to. No sorry for the inconvenience, have to ask me to call the provider if you know it is out???? WIll not stay here again.
Also. tv programming was so poor that is why I needed an internet connection to watch tv online. 4 sports channels, weather channel, but no MTV. HGTV, Lifetime.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
yhasan, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville I-295/East Beltway, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2011

I am very sorry your stay with us wasn't as enjoyable as we hoped it to be, please be sure that we take your feed back very seriously and we will address the issues you had and make sure the staff is better trained to handle your concerns.
I will also take a good look into our internet service and make sure the service is not interupted again like that.
to be honest with you I hardly ever have any issues with our internet service and we are always complemented on how fast the service is, so it would be very helpfull to me if you tell me what the date was you had problems with the internet so I can try to find out why their was an issue with the connection.
Thank you for your feed back and we are hoping you will give us another chance to serve you again soon.
Yaser Hasan

Reviewed 9 April 2011

Just stayed at this hotel in early April for business. Obviously a rather new hotel with clean and very efficient rooms. Starbucks in the restaurant doesn't hurt either. Really enjoyed having a refrigerator and coffe in the room as well. Staff was friendly and seemed to be on top of any issues.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business