“Clean, modern, very comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Jacksonville I-295/East Beltway

Courtyard Jacksonville I-295/East Beltway
Ranked #31 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Clean, modern, very comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

This was the nicest chain hotel I have ever stayed in. Very clean and modern. The staff was very nice. I didn't want to get out of the bed, it was so comfortable! The tv channel selection was limited but it didn't bother me. There was also a limited menu in the Bistro if you are too tired to go out for dinner. Neither of these things changes my opinion; I wasn't there to eat or watch tv, I wanted a safe, clean, comfortable place to sleep and shower. I wish all hotels were this great at this price!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Moultrie, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

My wife and I chose this hotel for a weekend getaway. We stayed in Suite 302 August 16-18. This entire hotel was very clean. The staff was friendly. Check in was a breeze. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful when we checked in. It is in a great location. Right off of I-295 not far from places we wanted to visit like The Cheesecake factory, The Landing or Neptune Beach. The mattress was absolutely top of the line. It actually felt like a Tempurpedic. This was a HUGE PLUS for me because I have back problems. The only cons were wifi speeds seemed to get really slow at times and the televisions seemed to be set up not to allow input devices. I work at night so it's normal for me to bring a Blu-ray player on vacation or on weekend trips because I stay up so much later than everyone else. I like to make sure I have a couple of good movies to watch during the night. Neither one of the tvs in the suite would recognize my hdmi input when I plugged in the blu ray player. That was no big deal. I highly suggest this Courtyard if you will be in the Jacksonville area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and modern the room was.. The pillows were amazing and the bed so comfy! i was here as a stop over from a long bus trip and check in was so fast. The downstairs has a little bistro and it truly is a pretty hotel for the price. The hotel overlooks a walmart parking lot but if you just need a great place to sleep, quiet and clean with good service, this is your hotel

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank kwoolr
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

After reading so many glowing reviews, I was expecting an excellent stay. Although the building and room are clean, bright and up to date, within an hour of arrival, I was disappointed in several ways. It's the amenities that are lacking:
(1) Minimal TV channels available. They get a total of about 20 channels, and about 7 of those are sports channels (not interested). So, I missed a show I watch every week.
(2) VERY, VERY slow connection on computers in the lobby. CAn it be dialup?
(3) No tea available in the room...only coffee. You can have all the coffee you want, but you have to BUY a cup of tea in the cafe.
(4) No attempt to remedy a situation where a customer is disappointed...a first for me at a Marriott owned hotel. Specifically, the front desk didn't even offer to give me a measley tea bag, when I told her that I never stayed at any Marriott hotel where we couldn't have a cup of tea in the room. She just smiled and said "Sorry, we don't offer tea".
(5) Halls are not airconditioned. This is in Florida in August!

It's too bad, as this could be a great hotel and I would have given a totally different review except for running into so many missing amenities. No, I'll stay elsewhere next time I am in this area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sunnyl
yhasan, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville I-295/East Beltway, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear sunnyl-

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We do, however, appreciate your comments as they are very helpful in letting us know how we can improve every guest’s experience at the Courtyard Jacksonville.

Tallahasse
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

While the property was well kept we sat by the pool and the the liquid gas smell was horrid and the noise almost made it almost impossible to carry on a conversation with someone across the table. There is no Continental Breakfast. However, breakfast is offered at hotel prices.

The staff was very accommodating. We had requested 2 queen beds with adjoining rooms. They were unavailable. After checking with family members who had requested adjoining rooms we discovered we could get a king "suite" with adjoining rooms. The rooms we needed were available,.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
McDonough, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Bright, inviting entryway. Rooms are very clean and efficient. Small fridge, microwave, coffee maker. Free fast wifi. Outdoor pool, fitness room. Very quick check in and check out. Probably the best hotel in east Jacksonville.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

We stayed here the night before departing on our cruise out of JAXPort and lets say next time we cruise out of Jacksonville, We'll be staying here! The hotel is extremely clean and modern. The rooms are very spacious with comfortable beds and outstanding bathrooms! The hotel is located in a great part of town and only minutes away from the port.

The hotel offers park and cruise packages, but I would not recommend this service due to the unprofessionalism of the taxi company they use. The taxi drivers we had were extremely rude and complained the entire time about having to pay to enter the drop off area at the port.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family