“Close to the Poker Room”

Courtyard Jacksonville I-295/East Beltway
Ranked #30 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Close to the Poker Room”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband wanted to stay at this place because it was the closest to the poker room (and had poker rates of $89 a night). The room was clean and nice, seemed like a new hotel. Walmart is one parking lot over and that came in handy since we were trying to do this on the cheap, even though my husband won 3rd place in the tourney.
My one complaint is with it being so close to the poker room and people stay there for that reason (we even saw one of the TV Poker commentators there!) why are there no safes in the rooms. I had to carry over $2500 in my purse at all times!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the Florida Georgia game. It was conveniently located. The staff was very courteous and friendly. The rooms were very nicely appointed for a marriott courtyard. The beds were pretty comfortable. The hotel arranged a taxi for us to get to the game since parking at the stadium was impossible

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stelly3665
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Nice updated Courtyard Marriott with swimming pool. Good central location less than 10 minutes from the beach and Downtown. Some of the rooms have balconies, so I would recommend requesting a balcony.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Really like this hotel. I always have a great stay here. Jacuzzi and pool were great. It even has a super walmart in the parking lot in case I forgot anything at home. Beds were comfy. Room was new and spacious. Hotel was quiet and I felt like I was here by myself. This is a very convenient area as it is off the beltway and not far from the beach either.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Brad G
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is a very clean establishment. Have stayed here before (one year ago) and will return when in the area again. Very clean and a safe area in Jacksonville. Convenient to University of North Florida and Jacksonville University. Short drive to beach.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This was the nicest chain hotel I have ever stayed in. Very clean and modern. The staff was very nice. I didn't want to get out of the bed, it was so comfortable! The tv channel selection was limited but it didn't bother me. There was also a limited menu in the Bistro if you are too tired to go out for dinner. Neither of these things changes my opinion; I wasn't there to eat or watch tv, I wanted a safe, clean, comfortable place to sleep and shower. I wish all hotels were this great at this price!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Moultrie, Georgia
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My wife and I chose this hotel for a weekend getaway. We stayed in Suite 302 August 16-18. This entire hotel was very clean. The staff was friendly. Check in was a breeze. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful when we checked in. It is in a great location. Right off of I-295 not far from places we wanted to visit like The Cheesecake factory, The Landing or Neptune Beach. The mattress was absolutely top of the line. It actually felt like a Tempurpedic. This was a HUGE PLUS for me because I have back problems. The only cons were wifi speeds seemed to get really slow at times and the televisions seemed to be set up not to allow input devices. I work at night so it's normal for me to bring a Blu-ray player on vacation or on weekend trips because I stay up so much later than everyone else. I like to make sure I have a couple of good movies to watch during the night. Neither one of the tvs in the suite would recognize my hdmi input when I plugged in the blu ray player. That was no big deal. I highly suggest this Courtyard if you will be in the Jacksonville area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple