“Great place to stay before a cruise”

Courtyard Jacksonville I-295/East Beltway
Ranked #30 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
High Point, NC
“Great place to stay before a cruise”
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We opted to stay at this Marriott before our cruise leaving from Jacksonville. The location is just off a major highway and close to the Jacksonville port. Check-in was very easy and the room was large with nice comfortable beds. The place was very clean and had a small but nice exercise room (which we used) and a pool (which a lot of families traveling with smaller children used). We left our vehicle at the hotel and they shuttled us to the port and picked us up upon debarkation. This all went well and our driver was very prompt, friendly and helpful. Check out was easy and the bistro at the hotel was also good. They are also located next to a shopping center and a Walmart that helped us pick up a few things that we left and the girls even found a place within easy walking distance to get a quick pedicure before we left that morning. There are also a lot of resturants in the general area. I would certain stay here again if we are in Jacksonville.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank tarheeltraveler4509

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 June 2010

I'm not real big on writing reviews, but I was so impressed & enjoyed my stay so much that I wanted to recommend this hotel to other people.
The Kendall Town Marriot sure knows how to make a good first impression. When you walk through the door you're greeted with a lobby that has everything you need and yet maintains a Feng shui like feeling. There are several seating areas where a person can relax watching HD TV, dine at the Bistro (they serve Starbucks), or cozy up with complementary coffee/tea and newspaper. If you prefer your news to be interactive they have a large (52 inch?) screen where you can get up to date on the weather, news, sports headlines (my favorite), local entertainment...you get the picture. Don't know how to get to that Jazz Festival? (there was one going on when we visited) Just use the handy map feature.
Having said all that, it wouldn't mean a thing without the excellent service and friendly staff. Like the lobby they also put their best foot forward, and make you feel that you are recieving special treatment. I 'd like to say they went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible, but I think going out of their way is standard practice.
On to the rooms. Here's a shocker...the rooms are up to the same level of excellence as everything else at the Marriott. Relaxing is the first word that comes to mind, and whether your trip is business or pleassure we can all use some relaxation at the end of the day. That's just what you get with clean and comfortable beds and couches. If it's business they have internet access in the rooms, and in the morning you can brew a cup o' joe before you ever have to face the world.
So if you're going to be staying in the Jacksonville/Kendall town area do yourself a favor and book a room at the Marriott.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
San Marcos, California
Reviewed 7 May 2010

The service was excellent and the staff are all very professional. It was always incredibly clean, which is huge on my list when staying somewhere. Very quiet as well.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 May 2010

I extremely disagree with the previous negative comments. I found the staff very courteous and helpful. They even opened the bistro up for my family late. We stayed there on return from disney and management helped locate my entire family in adjoining rooms. We had 4 families with us and small children and stayed in one of the suites. Staff helped us with all of our needs, all we had to do was ask and we were helped quickly and efficiently. The Starbucks coffee in the lobby is a huge plus because i can't get moving without a latte. Many thanks i will most likely stay there again, hopefully on a steelers road trip to Jax. Found this site reminiscing about trip, i m sure previous comments are mistaken.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 May 2010

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and efficient. Our room was immaculate and beautiful. The food was great and the workout room was clean and convenient. I would stay here again!

Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 May 2010

We stopped here on our way to Port Canaveral & Kennedy Space Center. Found the room in perfectly clean condition - and my wife is picky! Excellent TV! Great fridge. Spacious bathroom. Good elevator. My grandson liked the next-door Walmart, where we could pick up traveling supplies and sun glasses at low prices.
The staff got me coffee after hours with a smile. Very friendly.
The facilities look brand new.
The hotel manager was very attentive to our needs and desires.
I WILL stay there again, when traveling in the Jacksonville area.
The whole family had a good experience and lots of fun using the clean facilities.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
San Diego
Reviewed 5 May 2010

This hotel was very relaxing. Everything was very clean and the staff were very friendly. I particularly liked that they weren't overly invasive, some hotels make you feel like they are putting to much effort into "costumer service". Here they had a nice relaxed professional attitude that made it a pleasure to interact with them.

The room was spotless and the bed was as comfortable as any high-grade mattress I have had the pleasure to sleep on.

The pool and gym area were clean and the equipment was well maintained. The gym is nicely located so that you can access it from your room without having to parade through the hotel lobby, yet it isn't so secluded that you feel like you are completely alone.

The lobby area was well arranged so that you can feel welcome there and make use of it rather than feeling like you have to rush off to your room. It is an ideal informal gathering place and perfect if you are trying to organize a group as there are comfortable places to sit and various games and reading material to distract yourself while you wait for everyone to collect. Not to mention the personal TV's in the dinning area and one Giant one in the main sitting area.

One thing they have that is of particular interest is a special giant touch screen in the lobby that lets you browse through places of interest and plan trips, and when you have it all ready you can print out any of the material including maps and directions.

For the price this hotel is very good. While I was in the area I also spent the night in a hotel on the coast and although the location was beach front, I just slept so much better once we made it back to the Courtyard in Jacksonville.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple