“Won't stay again”

Ranked #28 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Omaha
“Won't stay again”
Reviewed 30 August 2010

Thank goodness we used Marriott points for this hotel. There is no complimentary breakfast so I suggest you make reservations across the street at the Hampton. There is a small food bar with expensive prices, It was 8:45 a.m. when my husband went to get coffee and they ran out, The evening before we went to the food bar for a Starbucks coffee and was told there wasn't any but there was complimentary coffee. The coffee was lukewarm and weak. When we arrived to check in, we were to get a king bed and was given a queen and was supposed to get foam pillows instead of feather Didn't realize this until we were already in bed. I told them ahead of time regarding the pillows. Also, luggage carts were in front of hotel but we were instructed to park at back of hotel and then walk through hotel to get a cart. Very inconvenient,. We weren't the only ones complaining about this.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank D C
yhasan, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville I-295/East Beltway, responded to this review, 1 October 2010
As the General Manager of this hotel, please accept my apology as I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us.
Although I cannot change the fact that our parking is in back of the hotel as we have no parking at all in the front of the hotel, I am taking your feed back to heart and moving some of the carts to the back entrance for all our guests' convenience.
I am glad you are a Marriott reward member and familiar with our Marriott brands, and I am sorry that we do not offer free breakfast. But as you know the Courtyard by Marriott brand does not offer free breakfast like their other brands do; for example the Fairfield and Springhill Suites by Marriott.
We have no excuse regarding your complaints about the coffee. I promise I will look into this and make sure it does not happen again to you or to anyone else staying with us.
Please feel free to contact me and I hope you will give us another chance to serve you.
Yaser Hasan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We just stayed at this beautiful new hotel for 10 days to visit with family and will definitely be back next year. We had two adjoining rooms for the 5 of us ( 2adults, 1 junior and 2 teens). The rooms were clean and comfy and gorgeous. What was especially pleasing was that there was so much storage space (armoire and dresser) that I unpacked everyones clothing. The bedding is what I call "pamper me bedding" , the kind you want to take home with you. The staff was friendly and professional at all times and took care of any quesion or issue that came up. We found the location of the hotel to be ideal. You are close to restaurants and shopping and not far from the beach. The hotel also has a smart board in the front lobby that you can look up and print direcions to all main attractions , eateries and shopping ( very cool! ) We used the pool and jacuzzi everyday.
There is also an adjacent covered area that has seating for dining outdoors. We travel for both business and pleasure, this hotel is a great value with great people and amenities.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Columbia, SC
Reviewed 22 July 2010

We were in Jacksonville for a wedding. We were initially booked at the Days Inn Neptune Beach. After waking to bed bugs and dealing with their sorry manager, my husband and I scrambled to find another hotel. At that point, price didn't matter. My husband called the Courtyard Northeast/Kendall Town and spoke with Ashley. Ashley was very courteous and informed us we could check in at any time. This hotel was typical of what you would expect from the Marriott brand - Beautiful, clean, comfortable beds and courteous, accomodating staff. Not being from that area and not sure what to expect, this hotel more than exceeded our expectations - especially for $80 a night. Thanks to Ashley and the Courtyard for making this a memorable experience for us!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Granger, Indiana
Reviewed 15 July 2010

We had a great stay! My wife accompanied me on a business trip and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The biggest reason we enjoyed ourselves so much is that the accommodations were clean and new (even though the hotel has been open for several years, it has been kept up very well and still has that new smell). The staff were extremely courteous. the hotel is conveniently located near a full range of shopping venues (that kept the wife entertained), as well historical sites that I like.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
High Point, NC
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We opted to stay at this Marriott before our cruise leaving from Jacksonville. The location is just off a major highway and close to the Jacksonville port. Check-in was very easy and the room was large with nice comfortable beds. The place was very clean and had a small but nice exercise room (which we used) and a pool (which a lot of families traveling with smaller children used). We left our vehicle at the hotel and they shuttled us to the port and picked us up upon debarkation. This all went well and our driver was very prompt, friendly and helpful. Check out was easy and the bistro at the hotel was also good. They are also located next to a shopping center and a Walmart that helped us pick up a few things that we left and the girls even found a place within easy walking distance to get a quick pedicure before we left that morning. There are also a lot of resturants in the general area. I would certain stay here again if we are in Jacksonville.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank tarheeltraveler4509
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 June 2010

I'm not real big on writing reviews, but I was so impressed & enjoyed my stay so much that I wanted to recommend this hotel to other people.
The Kendall Town Marriot sure knows how to make a good first impression. When you walk through the door you're greeted with a lobby that has everything you need and yet maintains a Feng shui like feeling. There are several seating areas where a person can relax watching HD TV, dine at the Bistro (they serve Starbucks), or cozy up with complementary coffee/tea and newspaper. If you prefer your news to be interactive they have a large (52 inch?) screen where you can get up to date on the weather, news, sports headlines (my favorite), local entertainment...you get the picture. Don't know how to get to that Jazz Festival? (there was one going on when we visited) Just use the handy map feature.
Having said all that, it wouldn't mean a thing without the excellent service and friendly staff. Like the lobby they also put their best foot forward, and make you feel that you are recieving special treatment. I 'd like to say they went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible, but I think going out of their way is standard practice.
On to the rooms. Here's a shocker...the rooms are up to the same level of excellence as everything else at the Marriott. Relaxing is the first word that comes to mind, and whether your trip is business or pleassure we can all use some relaxation at the end of the day. That's just what you get with clean and comfortable beds and couches. If it's business they have internet access in the rooms, and in the morning you can brew a cup o' joe before you ever have to face the world.
So if you're going to be staying in the Jacksonville/Kendall town area do yourself a favor and book a room at the Marriott.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
San Marcos, California
Reviewed 7 May 2010

The service was excellent and the staff are all very professional. It was always incredibly clean, which is huge on my list when staying somewhere. Very quiet as well.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple