“Absolutely fantastic food!”
Review of J Alexander's

J Alexander's
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 2,057 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Big Island Drive
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Thanks to the many tips here on Trip Advisor we had the onion rings. They were awesome! This appetizer is enough for at least 4 people. All the portion sizes were large. The carrot cake was the best I have ever had. My husband ordered a few drinks and he thought the bartender was generous and the drinks were perfect.

The servers were fantastic and the perfect amount attention. I loved having a bottle of water on our table.

I thought there were a large variety of options for a variety of price ranges.

1  Thank StarJJ

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

The staff was very understandable and accommodating. We got lost due to some bad directions on mapquest. We were seated immediately and the food came correctly out with 15 min. We all enjoyed the onion rings appetizer so much, we ordered another! The onion rings and that chili mayo sauce( trust me, like comeback) were scrumptious! I ordered a chicken sandwich and people in my party ordered grouper, fried chicken salad and a chicken entree dish. We were all satisfied and would return again!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Always eat here when I'm in town. Love this place. Never had a bad experience. You will love it. Ribs, French Dip, Grouper all to die for.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I'm a fan of J. Alexander's, and this Jacksonville location is one of the best. The decor is unique, upscale and comfortable and the service was excellent.

I ate a salad... but was offered add-ons, appetizers and was treated like I ordered the most expensive meal in the house. My only disappointment was that they no longer offer Merryvale wines by the glass, but a reasonable and delicious substitute was suggested by the waiter.

J. Alexander's will serve you a great meal at any location I've visited... and I really enjoyed the Jacksonville location.

1  Thank n0mb
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We decided to stop in for a family lunch and everyone of us loved our meals! Not always the case as we all know. Our son ordered the rib dinner and we all enjoyed our sample of his dish, wow! Fall off the bone good. The rest of us had dinner salads that were so big and delicious. If you haven't tried J Alexander's in awhile give it a try again, you will not be disappointed.