“Very nice experience for a one night stay!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach
Ranked #56 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
“Very nice experience for a one night stay!!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed one night after attending a family party on the beach. The room was very nice & staff as well. My son left his stuffed lion behind & the front desk shipped him back to us. The only problem I had was with the bathroom. The shower water got all over the floor & made a big mess. Otherwise we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
neilatjax, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear jena p,
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that the room and staff were up to par. I will be sure to pass on your kind words, I'm glad you received your sons stuffed lion in a timely manner. Also, I will be sure to let housekeeping know about the shower curtain so we can prevent future issues. Cant wait for your return.

Amanda Michaud
Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Miami, Florida, USA
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Hotel was clean, rooms also clean. Excercise room small, treadmill, eliptical and bike, and a couple of free weights. Internet was almost non existant so slow that dial up would have been better. Breakfast was good, nice assortment, night staff very helpful, morning staff not so helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Bernd S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. We value all feedback. I am pleased to hear that the hotel was clean and your room was comfortable. Unfortunately, we have had some issues with our internet, but we have installed 5 new routers within the hotel. Hopefully upon your next visit the internet will not be a concern. I am sorry that the service you experienced from our morning staff was not acceptable and i will be sure to express these concerns. Again i would like to thank you for your feedback and i hope to see you return to our hotel.

Amanda Michaud
Guest Service Manager
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Showed up with no reservation...the desk staff was great and they provided us a room with the Govt/Mil discount, no problem at all. The hotel is within a 10 min walk to the beaches and fantastic restaurants. The rooms are very clean, well appointed wi free wifi. Breakfast was very appropriate and matches the standard HI breakfasts that is sure to please most. We stayed on pool side...it for noisy, but the pool closed at 10PM, and it all died down...we would stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pat D
neilatjax, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the recent stay here with us. We value all feed back and want to thank you for your kind words and are pleased to hear about your stay. Can't wait for your return to sunny Jacksonville.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Came to Jacksonville for a short 2 day stay. Checked out of our first hotel (Econo lodge) THANK GOODNESS and came across this hotel as we were leaving the beach. GREAT LOCATION first off. A short drive right the JAX beach and all the bars/ clubs/ and food. The staff was so friendly and got me checked in a snap. The room was perfect for my boyfriend and I. Great space, CLEAN, had all the great perks too. Fridge, microwave, SAFE! Just perfect. O did I mention the covered parking?! And FREE breakfast is always great. Fresh fruit, yougart, pancakes, muffins, juice. THE WORKS! O and the coffee is AMAZING! I will be back. Loved every bit of my stay at his hotel. Hope this review helps someone out! Thanks for reading. Be sure to follow me on IG and Twitter @chictravelgeek for photos and travel tips!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ChicTravelGEEK
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay here with us! We value all guests and the feedback that's provided. I'm pleased to hear that all round your stay was awesome and thank you for the great review. Can't wait for your return!

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband was still on deployment and I was returning with our 3 month old baby and hyper Shih Tzu (as well as my Father and Step Mother who helped me unpack). Military moves are hard enough, but with a new baby in tow it was important to me -in-between trying to get the keys to our new home, movers coordinated, Rooms To Go "going", and storage unit completely cleared out, unpacking-... that the hotel I would stay at while sorting things out was clean, comfortable, and close to our new home. this was once again another out of state move I had to plan so it was stressful. The LAST thing I needed was an awful hotel stay.

Now, I was definitely familiar with the area that this Holiday in is located. Mayport is an older area and of course as you get closer to the base ( Naval Station Mayport ) it does get "ghetto". This isn't Hodges Blvd toward Butler Blvd. BUT Its an older side of Jacksonville... a bit more on the touristy side and the homes aren't as nice as intercostal Jax. When I say ghetto ... I don't mean you'll see gang bangers down the street selling drugs.. You won't see a Tiffany's & Co next to a Starbucks down the street either. You'll see kids on skateboards, gas stations, Walgreens, a few fast-food places ( Sonic, Wendy's, Burger King, Dominos, Chinese restaurants and a few other mom and pop food places ) There are also an assortment of gas stations.. a really nice Walgreens.. Dollar General and a few other little stores on Mayport Rd.. incase you need to grab a few things.

As for the stay - I was overall completely pleased. The room had two queen size beds that were incredibly comfortable and there was also a nice couch area. I had the view of the parking lot which was nice so I could spy out to my vehicle if I wanted to but honestly I wasn't too worried about it. The hotel parking lot is incredibly well lit and there are always people up front. Everything was very clean- Parking lot, Front Lobby, and Our Room... VERY CLEAN. The room had great Wifi and the air conditioner was great. Could have frozen hell in that room. ( lol ) There was a refrigerator and microwave and housekeeping came everyday! Never had issues hearing other people in the halls or different rooms either.

The only things I will say that could be improved would be the breakfast. Just not that great. But, the yogurt and coffee are good so if you are weary about eating eggs you don't cook yourself, I'd say go for that or down the road to a fast food stop :) The staff was friendly and I would return again just skip our of their breakfast!

\\

I perseonally wasn't worried about my car

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the Lobby with a few of the parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Samantha H
neilatjax, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you so much for posting such a informative review from your recent stay here at our property! We are pleased to hear every thing was up to par and in good standing. We value all feedback and will be sure to focus on breakfast quality. Can't wait for your return to sunny Jacksonville.

San Antonio, Florida
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We really enjoy the Jacksonville Beaches, and this hotel was a great find -- easily accessible to great beaches and great dining, without the great expense of staying on the beach.

Our room was extremely comfortable and spotlessly maintained. Towels were plush and plentiful, bathroom very roomy. We were lucky enough to "score" a room with a jacuzzi -- what a nice way to relax after a busy day on the beaches! And afterward, the king-size bed was so comfortable -- zzzzzzzzzz!

Next morning's breakfast was better-than-average for a hot continental breakfast. Nice selection of pastries and fruits ... also important to us was that the dining/serving area was well planned-out, and patrons were not tripping over each other.

The parking lot seemed secure and was definitely well-lit. I felt very safe and comfortable returning to the hotel after spending the evening at a local club.

Although this was just a one-night stay, I would definitely return to this location and make HI Express my "home base" for a multi-day stay; even St. Augustine is within an easy drive, but there is so much to explore even closer by.

I was very pleased with this "find." It seems to be a well-managed property; all of the staff with whom I came into contact were pleasant and seemed to take great pride in their work.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RoadVet
Thank you for posting a review that was so detailed in all aspects of your one night stay! We value all feedback and are pleased to hear the stay was a good one from the room to the breakfast as well as the staff, anytime when traveling back to Jacksonville hopefully we will be your first choice.

Guest services Heather
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This Holiday Inn Express is one of the best hotels we have stayed at! Staff is Professional/Knowledgeable/Friendly & just outright "Great", especially Heather & Amanda, who took good care of us on our three day stay. In the future, when visiting there to see our son, we will definitely stay at this hotel!!! Anyone who rates this hotel "Low" needs to find "help" !!!! Thank you for a super stay this past weekend,

Room Tip: I asked for an accessible room & was upgraded to a double bed suite(accessible)!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Don R
Thank you taking the time to post a review about your stay here with us! I will be sure to pass the kind words to Heather and Amanda about their service. Our top priority is guest service and i'm glad we didn't fall short in that area. Can't wait for your return to sunny Jacksonville.

Guest Services
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Best Western Mayport Inn & Suites
Days Inn Neptune Jacksonville Beach Mayport Mayo Clinic NE
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Beach Boulevard/Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach
Address: 2040 Mayport Rd, jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL 32233-1924
Region: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool
#16 Romantic Hotel in Jacksonville
#26 Family Hotel in Jacksonville
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach 2.5*
Welcome to Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Jacksonville-Atlantic Beach! Minutes from the Mayport Naval Station and a short 20 minutes from the Jacksonville airport, travelers appreciate how convenient we are to Jacksonville, Neptune, Atlantic and Ponte Vedra Beach. Spend the day at Hannah Park or an evening on the Sun Cruz Casino gambling the night away. Relax away the afternoon in our sparkling pool or take the family to Adventure Landing Water Park. Whether you are in Jacksonville for business or leisure, the downtown area is just 20 minutes away and the beaches are only a 5 minute drive. Plan to attend one of our Beach Festivals or The Players Championship at Sawgrass Country Club. Let Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Atlantic Beach be your perfect home away from home. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach