Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank
Ranked #27 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Tampa, FL
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012 via mobile

Came into town with friends for the Jets - Jags game. We didn't experience any problem with the noise while we were in our room. I definitely heard that club rocking when we got back to the hotel Friday night, but once we were inside it didn't bother us. There is a freight train that comes by which we heard during the day, but again it never bothered anyone at night.

The hotel is very nice, we were all very impressed when we walked in. Nice, upscale lobby area, computer access which we used to print boarding passes going back home, pool table and a very nice seating area with a tv. The fitness facility was very nice, not huge but it was empty most of the time. And the breakfast area was also very nice, they fit Ian lot of tables but you don't feel like the people next to you are sitting on top of you.

Our room was fantastic. There were 5 of us, 2 couples and 1 single so the 2 king bedroom suite was perfect for us. The 2 bedrooms are very spacious, bathrooms also have plenty of room. 1 bathroom had a large shower and the other had a big garden tub/shower combo. The living space was nice, large flat screen tv, couch, chair, desk, and small table with 2 chairs. The couch pulled out to a full sized bed which I'm told was also very comfortable.

Free WiFi was great and hassle-free. Breakfast was included every morning and there was a good selection of warm and cold options. Took us about 10 minutes to get to the stadium and maybe 15-20 minutes to get to the airport. Great location for us. They even had a shuttle service that went to the stadium right out of their parking lot which I thought was a great option, even though we chose to drive.

Overall, a great experience. We had a great time and a big part of it was because we all stayed together in the suite as opposed to everyone getting their own rooms.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

My family shared two suites over the Thanksgiving weekend and this property was exactly right for us....except for the noise at night. The hotel appears to be very new and the rooms were clean and well laid out with lots of space, great linens and huge flat-screen TVs. I now know that if I stay here again, I will definitely request an odd-numbered room (facing the inside courtyard & pool). You can probably still hear the trains going past at 1:00am but the inside rooms don't face the nightclub across the street. . The Front Desk staff was very sympathetic when we called but they were sold out and not able to move our room. They did offer to call the police to complain about the nightclub and it did seem a bit quieter but with large windows in our bedroom, you could still hear the music. Fortunately, one of our family rooms was on the courtyard side and we were all able to move in there to sleep on the sofa

This property is in a central, convenient location downtown but it is a bit hard to find. Our GPS got very confused with the one-way streets and we did much better with the written directions on the hotel's website.

The room prices (including a free breakfast) definitely made this property a good value but I'm not sure I would stay here on a weekend night again.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd-number room, facing the inside courtyard & pool
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Harpers Ferry, WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

Me and some buddies came down for the Jaguars vs Colts football game and this was a great location as there is a bus transfer station that takes you to the game do you won't have to fight traffic or pay for parking. The staff is very friendly especially the cleaning the staff we asked for several things and they promptly brought it to us. The pool is very nice and the breakfast is to very good as well with a huge selection of items.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JacqueConley, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
Thank you for the great review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting for the Jags/Colts game. It's always nice to hear good feedback and that our hotel was able to meet your needs. Thank you again for your positive comments and we hope to see you again!

KEY LARGO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

My husband and I could not stop saying how much we enjoyed our stay. We came up for his class reunion that was being held near by. We could have gotten a cheaper room there in the group package but booked with Homewood Suites instead for a couple reasons. First, the cancellation policy was such at the other place that there was none. We own our own business and last minute things are always coming up causing us to change plans. They wanted 2 nights deposit (we only stayed 2 nights) and if we canceled for any reason from the day I booked the reservation, they would keep the deposit. Plus we have 2 dogs we didn't want to leave home alone. I looked on Google Maps and found the location of the reunion, then looked around for other places close by. Found Homewood Suites and called directly. The lady I spoke with was very helpful. Understood our needs and explained the cancellation policy and pet policy.

When we got there, we felt the parking was very safe, the exterior was very clean and taken care of, the lobby was gorgeous, extremely friendly staff and the room was amazing.
Very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great. The sign said it was being served up till 10:00 but at 9:45 they were still bringing out fresh food.

I read other comments about the noise but we never had a problem. We were there on a Friday and Saturday night. We saw a train while out walking the dogs but never heard it in the room and no noise from the bar across the street. As a matter of fact, they were some of the best 2 nights sleep I have had in a while. As for the cost of parking, I felt $9.95 was a fair price to pay to know our car was safe and had a lit parking garage for comfort.

We felt this hotel was made just for us. They understand the needs of families traveling with 2 legged children as well as 4 legged ones. We never used the pool or fitness center but did walk thru them. They seemed very nice.

Room Tip: Maybe if noise is a problem, ask for a room facing the pool. That is where ours was and we had no no...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
On behalf of our entire team at the Homewood Suites Jacksonville Downtown Southbank, we thank you for your wonderful comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to accommodate your furry family as well. Thank you again for the positive feedback. We hope to see you again!

Temple Hills, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

This is my 3rd night at Homewood and I'm in love. I've decided to book my honeymoon night here. The Hotel is in a great location! The staff is amazing! The rooms are clean and decorated very nicely. My nieces really enjoyed the pool and the jacuzzi. They serve a hot breakfast and DINNER every night (tonight I had pepper steak, wild rice and vegetable medly..ooohh...and a great salad ). They offer four different wines at dinner. Did I mention both meals are FREE? Dinner was amazing by the way. While the hotel may be a little more expensive than other places, it is SOOO worth it. I can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: I couldn't hear anything in my room and I was on the 4th floor. I know there were other people...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ibperky70
JacqueConley, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Thank you for the great review! I am very happy that you all enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Jacksonville Downtown Southbank!

Thibodaux, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

This was a nice hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. Close to the beach. Any problems and the staff went out of their way to help you.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom with king bed and sofa bed
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Shareka J

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Homewood Suites Jacksonville Downtown Southbank. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and would love to have you stay with us again! Thank you again for your positive review!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

The hotel is new and nicely decorated. The rooms are nice and very roomy. I have stayed at Homewood Suites on a regular basis. I was dissapointed with breakfast. This chain usually has a lot more to offer at the buffet. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The street noise was really loud. Between the cars and the trains, the room was noisy. There was an extra parking fee unless you were able to find a spot on the side of the hotel. Although I love the brand, I am not sure if I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I did not have room service. I was unable to delete the rating.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lmguyton
Imguyton ~

Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay at the Homewood Suites Jacksonville Downtown Southbank. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations with regard to breakfast. The food and beverage department is currently adding items to the breakfast buffet in an effort to make the buffet more plentiful. In addition, I apologize for the noise. We are working on a solution to eliminate the outside noise disturbances. Again, thank you for your feedback as this helps us address these areas and provide better service in the future. We hope you will consider staying with us if you return to the area.