“Perfect for business”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank
Ranked #22 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night on a business trip. Convenient location to downtown Jacksonville, but quiet for a peaceful rest. Room was spotless, as was the bathroom. Would have preferred a bathtub, but the shower was fine. Excellent free wi-fi, and a good business center if you need to print anything out. All in all, a great place for a business traveler.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
JacqueConley, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Homewood Suites Jacksonville Downtown Southbank on TripAdvisor. Positive reviews, like yours, let us know we are reaching our goal of 100% guest satisfaction. Again, thank you and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed here with three kids and three adults in a two bedroom two bath suite with a kitchen. It was very spacious and comfortable and I liked that the bedrooms were on opposite ends of the suite. Our bathtub was a very unique jacuzzi tub and that was awesome. The staff are super friendly, breakfast is plentiful and use of the business center is free. The pool is small but there weren't many people there so it wasn't a big deal. There's also a nice hot tub by the pool. It's just a short walk to the south bank of the St. John's river where you can take a water taxi to several different restaurants and nightlife. There's also a free monorail, but it doesn't really go anywhere.

My husband and I grew up in Jacksonville and frequently visit family there. While there, this hotel will become our home away from our (current) home.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words and that you consider us your home away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back everytime you are back in the Jacksonville area. Thanks again and see you soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

It was our first time in that Hotel (recommeded by some of our Travelfellows) and during this Trip, we did spend there 2 Nights. all was fully ok and we did liked this Hotel and especially their friendly Employees there. Breakfast Service was also fully ok, with good Choices of hot Beverages. Staff did give us also good Recommendation for some Restaurants nearby. Very good middle Class!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Homewood Suites Jacksonville Downtown Southbank on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you were recommended by fellow travelers to stay here and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the Jacksonville area. Again, thank you for your positive feedback.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Ok you share the pool area with Hilton garden joined at the hip.. There 6 trains a night that go by and sound there whistle 3x at each road it crosses over. It's about 1200 feet away.
Also I have never been at a Hilton property that does have coffee ready until 6:10 (that was the earliest the hole time we were there.
Front desk ROCKED!!
House Keeping ROCKED. Food was good menu was never right.
Pay parking. lol so don't misplace your room card.
Got a balcony which was great but again you couldn't stand outside and talk as the train rolls by blowing his whistle.. LOUD! Traffic was a bit horrible. watch you leave time and come home time.
I was not happy walking around at night not like New York bad but still.

Room Tip: Stay close to the parking garage!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dick t

Thank you for your review of the Homewood Suites Jacksonville Downtown Southbank. I am happy to hear that the front desk and housekeeping staff rocked! I do apologize that the nearby train kept you from getting a good night's rest. Thnak you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last night and it was perfect. The check in process was very simple. The lady at the desk gave us a list of nearby restaurants to try & highlighted a few based on what I told her I was in the mood for. Enjoyed the pool table downstairs. And the morning breakfast was more than enough. Hotel is convenient to everything downtown. Will come again and again!!!

• Stayed: August 2013

I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that you will be back again and again! We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Again, thank you for posting your review.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel and the location was very clean and nice. When i checked in they asked me if i had a car and I told them no. When i left in the morning I noticed a $10.00 charge for parking. I asked about it at the desk and they told me that I had to pay it unless I had somekind of account.. I wasnt going to stay and argue over a $10.00 fee for parking but it feels as though I was cheated considering I arrived and departed by cab. I doubt I will stay at this location again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LyingElmo

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Homewood Suites Jacksonville Downtown Southbank. I apologize that you were charged for parking when you didn't have a vehicle. I will gladly remove the parking fee from your bill. Again, thank you for posting your review. We do hope that you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

My 5 night stay at this Homewood Suites Hotel was pleasurable. I wanted to check out the San Marco and Downtown areas specifically. Contemplating a move to Jacksonville. The amenities are great as well as the complimentary meals. The bedroom felt like home.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that your bedroom felt like home. We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again!