“Poor Suite Experience”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank
Ranked #20 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Personally, I will make no future plans to stay at this hotel. I had a horrible experience. My husband and I felt very humiliated when two of the maintenance staff members showed up at the door the morning of our departure and demanded entrance to check for a leak in the restroom. My three young children had just taken a bath, still undressed....when these men just show up and demanded entrance that same moment. Very embarrassing. Never want to go back. No consideration or professionalism shown!! I wish there had been a roof exit, it was really embarrassing to leave through the main entrance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Aida M
JacqueConley, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for your review of the Homewood Suites Jacksonville Downtown Southbank. I apologize that the staff demanded entrance into your suite.I have spoken to the staff with regard to how they could have handled this in a professional manner. WE do hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Best Regards,
Jacque Conley

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Homewood Suites is a nice hotel… however on two separate 2 nights stays in 2bedroom 2bath suites (rooms 338 & 438), my family and I experienced plumbing issues. The first time, we noticed a horrible stench that seemed to be coming from the restroom… after reporting this to the front desk twice, a maintenance man came and poured blrach in the toilet and shower and flused several times… eventually I ended up asking a manager (named Demetrius) to accompany me to our room (338). Demetrius agreed that the smell was like pure sewage… he ended up moving us to a much better room and charging us for only one night. The second time we stayed at Homewood Suites (room 438), one of the toilets flused only when it felt like it… and most of our stay there… waste just sat in there. I reported this problem upon checkout and the lady at the front desk promised that I would receive a call about this problem… never did.
I really appreciated the amenities offered at this hotel as I am mother of 3 and caregiver of my recently injured husband… the space and privacy provided was a big help.
I do however feel that 230something a night for a hotel with janky plumbing was a bit much…

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ginger Y

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. We are very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced regarding the plumbing. By providing us feedback it allows us to address these areas and provide better service in the future. Again, thank you for your review.

Best Regards,
Jacque Conley

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Our original suite was not ready because of damage by previous occupants. We were given another suite which was nice but didn't have the balcony. The next day the staff helped us move to our new suite. Great breakfast & staff was very nice & accommodating. A good location to get to downtown.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for more than a month for business. The rooms are comfortable and very clean. The location is kind of strange, but it's close to downtown and close to the San Marco area, so there are a lot of restaurants nearby. The best thing about this hotel is the staff. Everyone (front desk, housekeeping, maintenance and food service) was without exception friendly and accommodating. When you're away from home for long periods of time it's nice to be greeted by name when you come back to the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to others and will definitely stay here next time I'm in Jacksonville.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room to avoid hearing trains in the middle of the night.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2014

At an odd location, but very nice. Staff is friendly and helpful. The room was clean. They allow dogs with a $75 fee. The room was only $125 so the pet fee seems high, but we will pay it.

Many high school athletic groups were in the hotel so it was crowded and noisy, but of course it would be.

They had a nice breakfast in the morning. Would sty here again.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We found the management, staff, cleanliness, safety and amenities at this hotel to be exceptional. The manager's reception, which included a good dinner and wine, was a welcome surprise. The complimentary breakfast included a variety of quality breakfast foods including a station where one could order an omelet, pancakes or French toast. Our room was very comfortable, clean and quiet. We will return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

just ok...The room was pricey with very little value. it was nice to have a kitchenette, very useful. Although it would have been even nicer if utencils were cleaned and dishwasher unloaded before our arrival. Very noisy too. Who would have thought a train would run a minimum of 4 times during one evening...wow! Pullout was old and no comfort for our kids. Room was pretty spacious, but very few ammenities worth the price. only 2 towels would be provided, despite our claim of a family of 4.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Travellers also viewed these Jacksonville hotels
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank
Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
Omni Jacksonville Hotel
Omni Jacksonville Hotel
#11 of 133 in Jacksonville
DoubleTree by Hilton Jacksonville - Riverfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank? Share your experiences!