“Best place to stay away from home !”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank
Ranked #23 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The suite was great, the breakfast was amazing, team member ginger really made us feel at home. I could hear the train at night but I wore ear phones and slept like a baby! Great place!!!! Great tv , comfortable sofa and an immaculate kitchen!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank almaktub
JacqueConley, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review of our property. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I stopped here for a night on our way to Miami. It wasn't the fanciest place I have ever stayed but it was great for the price. Do expect to pay $10 for parking in the deck. The breakfast is complimentary and surprisingly good. Definitely seems to be one of the nicer hotels in the area. If you need a place to stop in Jacksonville I recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Prettypinkpancakes

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at our Homewood Suites Jacksonville Downtown Southbank. We are happy that you enjoyed our hotel and would love to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We frequently stay here while visiting family. This time the lobby, breakfast area, and exercise area was totally closed while the renovated due to a broken pipe that flooded those areas. The staff coped admirably well, but it was disruptive not to have the usual amenities. The rates were the most we have ever paid at this hotel; confusing because there didn't seem to be an event or price driver. Breakfast was free next door at the Hilton Garden Inn (they usually charge way too much for breakfast over there) ; actually a much better breakfast and they were very hospitable. There was no gym substitute on the weekends, so we walked up and down San Marco Blvd which was a pretty walk. If you go, it's worth a stroll over to the riverfront, and then up to the shopping area at the square at San Marco. A much more attractive area than near the hotel which is not so lovely. Hopefully they will be back to normal operations by our next trip.

1  Thank Cavu F
JacqueConley, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for your candid feedback of our Homewood Suites Jacksonville Downtown Southbank. I apologize that the hotel was not in total working order throughout your stay due to the flood. We are working on putting it back together so you are able to enjoy our beautiful hotel and all that it offers. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is a great property. The food, rooms and service are excellent but the legal department at Hilton needs to petition the railroad to cease the train horn at night. We experienced not just the usual 1 or 2 horn honks at the crossing. This was repeated, long blasts 10 to 12 times per train roughout the day and night. I cannot stay here again because 2 nights of sleep were disrupted. Such a shame because eveything else was quite excellent.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs. Perhaps the east facing rooms are quieter. Good luck with that.
2  Thank Lisa B

Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotels staff and amenities. I am very sorry that the train prevented you from getting a good night's sleep. We do hope that you will consider staying with us in the future in an interior room.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

when you hotel is under construction I feel as if the guest should be informed we were not. As a top tier hilton member I feel this hotel was sub par at best. Also the hotel breakfast you had to go to the other property that was there to eat. We were not greeted as diamond members. Just surprised at the lack of detail.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Robert L

Thank you for your review of our property. I apologize that you were not made aware of the construction occurring at the hotel. Your feedback will help us address these areas and provide better service in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Personally, I will make no future plans to stay at this hotel. I had a horrible experience. My husband and I felt very humiliated when two of the maintenance staff members showed up at the door the morning of our departure and demanded entrance to check for a leak in the restroom. My three young children had just taken a bath, still undressed....when these men just show up and demanded entrance that same moment. Very embarrassing. Never want to go back. No consideration or professionalism shown!! I wish there had been a roof exit, it was really embarrassing to leave through the main entrance.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
2  Thank Aida M

Thank you for your review of the Homewood Suites Jacksonville Downtown Southbank. I apologize that the staff demanded entrance into your suite.I have spoken to the staff with regard to how they could have handled this in a professional manner. WE do hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Homewood Suites is a nice hotel… however on two separate 2 nights stays in 2bedroom 2bath suites (rooms 338 & 438), my family and I experienced plumbing issues. The first time, we noticed a horrible stench that seemed to be coming from the restroom… after reporting this to the front desk twice, a maintenance man came and poured blrach in the toilet and shower and flused several times… eventually I ended up asking a manager (named Demetrius) to accompany me to our room (338). Demetrius agreed that the smell was like pure sewage… he ended up moving us to a much better room and charging us for only one night. The second time we stayed at Homewood Suites (room 438), one of the toilets flused only when it felt like it… and most of our stay there… waste just sat in there. I reported this problem upon checkout and the lady at the front desk promised that I would receive a call about this problem… never did.
I really appreciated the amenities offered at this hotel as I am mother of 3 and caregiver of my recently injured husband… the space and privacy provided was a big help.
I do however feel that 230something a night for a hotel with janky plumbing was a bit much…

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ginger Y

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. We are very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced regarding the plumbing. By providing us feedback it allows us to address these areas and provide better service in the future. Again, thank you for your review.