“Clean, Easy access to downtown”

Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank
Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I arrived late and quickly was able to park and check in. My room was clean and the staff very helpful and nice. I appreciated the restaurant/bar in the lobby - so many hotels don't have them anymore. I travel for work a lot and this was perfect for the traveler who is coming and going for work, but want access to downtown and several good restaurants. I like the quietness of the rooms. The pool between two adjacent hotel lobbies is a little odd since you can see people there while you eat, but didn't appear to be used much. Decent gym access as well. i would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: They were all quiet - I was close to a stairwell and vending and did not hear anything.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
David S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Dear TampaTrips,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers coming to the Jacksonville Area. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, and look forward to seeing you in the future! Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. First night had to move to another room because theres a loud night club on one side of the building. I moved to the other side and it was quiet. The staf was nice about it and even comped me a breakfast for my trouble. The breakfast was very good, but I would not of paid the $12.95 for it if it wasn't free. When your making the reservation they should tell you that the parking is going to be $10 extra per day. This hotel is very nice and clean. It is not for people who are traveling on a budget. I think most of the people staying there , were on business and their companies were paying for it. PS go around 5 and they got amazing cookies in the lobby.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Dear James B.,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the hotel! We truly appreciate the fact that you chose our hotel for your business needs. I will share with our chef how much you enjoyed the cookies! Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I stayed here with a family member on New Year's Eve and attended the Gator Bowl on New Year's Day. If it wasn't for the crowd and congestion at Breakfast, this place would have been rated "Excellent". My room was ready and check-in was a pleasure. The front desk staff were great! Our room was spacious, clean and totally everything we could have asked. The housekeeper the next morning was friendly as could be. On New Year's Day morning, everyone went to breakfast at 9am, due to the Gator Bowl. The influx of people at breakfast caused a strain on the wait staff and the service. They did a pretty good job considering. I like coffee with breakfast and they were out of coffee cups and brought my coffee in a paper cup. I don't drink coffee from a paper cup, so I had to wait until a clean cup was brought to me. It never came, so I sought out the coffee cup on my own. The hard-boiled eggs tasted funny, yet I didn't want to stand in line for made-to-order omelets. The fruit selection was ample and so was everything else. I will stay here again when my travels lead me to the north country.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 7th floor and it was just perfect! Overlooking the pool area and parking garage.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Jacque C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Dear Lanny_e_v,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about your stay over Gator Bowl. We hope that your team won the game! Once again we would like to say thank you for staying with us, and hope to see you in the future!

Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Staff

Reviewed 22 December 2012

Nice hotel, rooms a little tight. Parking is expensive. Room service allowed carry out. Shower only, no tub. had to keep bathroom door open to keep it warm. Loved the Bath and Body Works products. Staff was friendly and accomodating. Newly painted elevators. Retro feel, bright blue and green decor. Nice carpeting throughout lobby. Microwave and fridge in rooms. Free wi fi. No DVD player.

Dear Laritaraine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell other travelers about your stay at our hotel! We truly appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you in the future! Have a happy and healthy 2013!

Hilton Garden Inn Team!

Reviewed 15 November 2012

I am a business traveler and have a client who uses this hotel. for meetings The staff are very friendly and helpful, there is access to the Skyway and the hotel is clean and has good amenities. The only negative is that there is no local transportation provided by the hotel. It's not easy to walk around the area, and though is is near the San Marco arts area, I wouldn't walk there alone at night from the hotel. So, if you can't get somewhere on the Skyway, there's no easy way to get around without a car, and the Skyway closes at 9:00. Guests without cars would benefit from an area shuttle provided by the hotel, at least in the evenings if not all day.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
David S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Dear Ms. Elisa n,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other Tripadvisor users. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the way our stay and the way our staff treated you. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We had a very nice stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. The location was convenient and a close drive to everywhere we wanted to go. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, though the bed was super firm. It's across the street from a water treatment plant and it smells like sewage outside. However, it doesn't smell like sewage inside and that's what counts.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Jessica M.,

Thank you for sharing a review on your stay while at our hotel! We truly appreciate your feedback, and know other travelers will appreciate it too. Have a wonderful weekend....

Reviewed 4 November 2012

We were supposed to be staying at Ronald McDonald House Jax for the evening but they were full so we were put up at this hotel for the night.I always use trip advisor before booking a room so was uncomfortable being sent somewhere I hadn't checked out.I was pleasently surprised however.Nice hotel, very friendly front desk staff,They have a secure parking garage that you need the room key to enter and exit which was nice.Rooms were very clean,free wifi,fridge, microwave,coffee maker etc.Only disappointment was no breakfast buffet,every hotel we stayed at driving to and from orlando offered free breakfast and those hotels were also cheaper per night.They have a buffet but you have to pay for it. It's not a huge negative for us because we didnt pay full rate since we were there through RMH house but if I was booking a room on my own that may keep me from booking there vs another close by that did offer that as a perk.Overall great stay though.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Dear DDG103,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We truly appreciate your feedback, and are glad to hear that RMH is there for you when you need them! Have a great weekend!