“Loud and Proud”

Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank
Ranked #19 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Average hotel breakfast here - you know the one where you get your eggs or make your own waffle. Only difference, you have to pay $10 for this one - kinda crazy. Also, very noisy rooms. Train goes by every few hours and WILL wake you up.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
David S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your stay. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank

Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

2nd time we stayed at this HGI 1st review. Not the best location, but perfect for a stop over to Port Everglades. William at the front desk very helpful with directions and very pleasant in person. Megan who was bartended/waitress also very nice and what I could see hard working. Other than location, will have no problem staying again. Food was very good and a good idea being the location is not the best. Nice, small menu but enough of a selection.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience! We truly appreciate your business, and are excited to hear that some of our associates made your stay even better. We truly appreciate your business, and hope if you come back to Jacksonville you will choose our hotel again.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Clean rooms. Nice staff. Decent (but not great) location. Pool looked great. Good workout facility. It's interesting to me when a property is so close to being very nice but some of the basics are blown. Take breakfast, for example, when the staff bussed the tables they dropped the plates from about 3 feet into the bus tray. Not once or twice but over and over again. Absolutely no sensitivity to folks trying enjoy a hard boiled egg and some fresh fruit. Oh yes, "trying" to enjoy a hard boiled egg and fresh fruit because there were none on the buffet. Completely empty. As a matter of fact, at 8:00 in the morning, many of the food trays were empty. Eventually some were refreshed. Eventually. This is an attractive property....a bit off the beaten path....great beds and linen. Nice folks, for the most part, in their employ. But guys, hey, if breakfast is "free" you may be able to away with sub par service.

Room Tip: I had a corner room on the 3rd floor. Ask for a corner. Lots of windows.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
David S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Dear Graffiti,

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel restaurant. We understand how important consistent service is-even the simple things. I have brought your comment to our serving team and we are actively working on additional trainings with your recommendations in mind. The next time you are in area we would love to have you come back to see the changes we have made and provide feedback. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

I often travel to downtown Jacksonville to work but stayed near baymeadows or St. Johns Center. Now that I have found this Hilton Garden Inn I stay just a few blocks from my office. Very nice and helpful staff throughout the facility. Very Clean rooms. The only draw back is parking is $10 a night.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
David S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Dear EcuEagle,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your home away from home! We truly appreciate your business, and hope to see you in future! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 20 January 2013

Stayed one night at this hotel for a business trip. It was chosen based on being very close to building that I was visiting. The plus and minus details are below:

Plus
-Convenient location for this trip
-Hotel was very clean and well maintained (Both lobby and room)
-Nice workout room overlooking pretty pool area

Minus
- Funky smell in the air out side when parking car to check in - other reviews indicate there is a water treatment plant nearby
- Arrived in the evening, but no one was at front desk to check us in...had to wait around before anyone showed up
- There is $10 charge to use garage and when I tried to get in, the room key card was not working and the button to press to speak to lobby did not work either. After several card swipes and button pushes a parking garage attendant came over and said that the hotel card reader in that lane didn't work and that I should back up and try the other lane
- Room does not have a tub (only a shower) - would have liked a nice hot bath after my flight
- Bed has button on the side to adjust firmness, but options seem to vary from extra, extra firm to extra, extra, extra, extra firm. Hardest hotel bed I have ever slept on
- Noise was also an issue - the A/C unit in the room was pretty load, so it drowned out most of the traffic noise from the nearby highway, but I could still hear busses idling and people yelling on the street below and freight trains going by (late at night and early morning too)

I will be looking for other options the next time I go to Jacksonville.

Room Tip: ASk at the front desk if there are quiet rooms available. I was on the third floor and could hear a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Jacque C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Let me personally thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I apologize that there were a few inconsistent service issues and please rest assured they are being addressed. Additional issues such as the room key parking malfunction and adjustable bed are currently being examined and remedied. Please accept my sincerest apologies and let me know if you have any additional comments. We always want our guests to feel comfortable and satisfied and we will work doubly hard to ensure our goals are met. Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Jacque Conley

Reviewed 18 January 2013

This is a nice hotel with great rates. The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly. Complimentary Honors water and snacks was a nice perk. There is a $10 per night parking fee to be aware of, even if you do not park in the parking deck.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear Sally762,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and are taking advantage of the perks of being a Hilton Honors member. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience with other travelers, and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 16 January 2013

I was here for business and had a room on the 2nd floor. I got there Thursday night and the club was pretty busy but I couldn't hear anything from my room which was nice. Friday night was a different story, I felt like I had a live band right in my room, very loud. It quieted down around 12:30am and then i could sleep. Get a room on a higher floor to not hear the music as much. 1st morning I had what I thought was free breakfast, box of cheerio's and coffee, no charge okay...next morning same thing and the waitress brings me a bill for almost five bucks...she waived it after I explained I wasn't charged the previous morning. Other than that, it's a very nice hotel with secure ($9.99/night) parking garage. Nice pool and billards room etc...I'd stay again on a higher floor!

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the weekends on a lower floor facing King street, loud club across the stree...

Dear Alexis F.,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! I am sorry to hear that the club across the street interferred with a great stay. We truly appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you hear in the future!

Have a great day!