“Our stay at the Downtown Jacksonville Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank
Ranked #18 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Wichita, Kansas, United States
“Our stay at the Downtown Jacksonville Hilton Garden Inn”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed for five nights in two adjoining rooms with a total of five family members, plus three family members who live in Jacksonville spent quite a bit of time with us at the hotel. As someone who spends at least 60-75 nights a year in hotels on business travel, I felt this experience was exceptional. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Although this trip was a family vacation, I noticed that all the amenities were there for what I would look for in a business stay, and there were many obvious business travelers at the hotel. Although all of the physical attributes were present, what really made the experience exceptional was the attitude and friendliness of everyone we encountered from the hotel staff. I don't often get this effusive about a hotel stay, but there really weren't any negatives whatsoever.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Michael K
David S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Michael K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the other Tripadvisor travelers. We are glad that you chose our hotel for your lodging needs while on vacation. Being a frequent traveler I know that you must be one of our Hilton Honors members, and enjoying the benefits. Thank you again for your business, and look forward to seeing you here in the future, and hope you have a great weekend!

David Shoshan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Jacksonville, FLA, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Excellent experience. Very clean, nice restraunt and bar as well. The hotel staff was very helpful and did a great job. This hotel is near downtown and I will stay at this hotel again in the next few months.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Joh H,

We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay while visiting our hotel. I would love to meet you the next time you are in town, so please ask for me. Thank you for your comments, and have a wonderful day!

southeast, georgia
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Outside of the lengthy check-in process, I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. I was a guest for one night, in a double queen room (#510). We checked into 3 rooms between 9:45-10:30 and there was quite a wait, but there were serveral others checking in at the same time. The room was very nice and spacious. The sheets and pillows were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was also very clean, although the positioning of tub and toilet were quite awkward (I hit my knee AND chin trying to get in the shower without stepping directly under the showerhead). There was an abundance of towels and washclothes, although I always bring my own. I did not use any of the toiletries or amenities located in the room.

There was a continental breakfast available in the lobby when I checked out between 7:30-8, but I did not eat. All of the guests in the lobby seemed to be enjoying breakfast. I was unable to utilize the pool or gym (if there was one). Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel for short or long stays. Very nice and accomodating.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Miss_Ari,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the other Tripadvisor travelers. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and am sorry to hear that you bumped your chin while getting into the shower. Thank you for such a nice description of our overall hotel, and amenities. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Montgomery, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Traveling and being in Jacksonville on several occasions I found this location secluded in the backdrop of downtown to be a treasure. The staff is tremendous and if i'm within 50 miles of this location, I will stay there because I believe in quality and professionalism. I give very high rating to management and staff. They are tremendous

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Dear Bernard M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about our hotel. We are so excited to see that you would drive 50 miles just to stay at our property. We really enjoyed your detailed description of the area! Thank you again, and have a great day....

Kind Regards,

Tallahassee, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Everything about this hotel is good. I found the comfort select bed a lttle challenging, but my husband thought it was the best thing slince sliced bread. For those going to the Football games this hotel would be grat not too far from Stadium and a short distance from other local establishments.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Brenda J,

I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! Thank you for telling the Tripadvisor travelers about our proximity to Everbank Field home of the Jacksonville Jaguars! We appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you here in the future. Have a great day!!

Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Traveling on business with late Wed night arrival. Bar music was so loud across the street that the words were clear in my room the minute I opened the door. This went on till after midnight at which time I put in earplugs. Parking garage is inconvenient - access was not working so required a long walk to vehicle. Beds are old sleep system beds that aren't terribly comfortable. Staff is friendly and helpful, but not much you can do with an old hotel in a bad location.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown/Southbank, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Jill M,

Thank you for feedback and we're sorry to hear that the neighboring business was disruptive and regret the parking access issues. We're reviewing your comments with our team to address these concerns and hope that you'll come back to see our changes and experience a more comfortable stay.

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I stayed here unexpectedly. Made a reservation around 9:30 pm and checked-in around 10:00 pm. The hotel does have a couple of questionable bars located directly across the street; however, that’s not the hotels fault and they do a good job with security. Hotel is new and well kept. Clean. Staff was most helpful and pleasant- even late at night. My room had a balcony!- and I think most rooms do. The beds were cool- you could adjust the bed to how firm or soft you wanted each side- It was on my king size bed anyway. The nob to adjust the mattress firmness is located at the top of the side of each mattress. Pull the sheet back and pull a little flap down that’s secured by Velcro and you’ll see the nobs. That was cool. Another benefit was the option of limited smoking rooms. It’s a plus to me because I am a smoker. Although I didn’t partake in the breakfast, it sure looked good and of decent variety on my way out. Room price was fine. Parking was $10 a night, not bad. I would stay here again if the need ever arises and I would certainly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear KitDuluCa,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your most recent stay at our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate the informative description of how to use our Garden Sleep System Beds! We appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you here in the future!