“Stay somewhere else” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Hilton Head, United States
“Stay somewhere else”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Problems with the rooms, cleanliness, sheets, beds and poor quality of food. They did honor their refund policy and did not charge me for the room. I would rather have paid and had a great nights sleep. The hotel is well located to the San Marco and Riverside/Avondale areas.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Suzanne F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

This little hotel offers more amenities than the larger, pricier hotels. Rooms are roomy and well-designed. Restaurant and Bar on site are lovely. And the customer service is outstanding! This is a gem!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

We only stayed here 1 night on our way up to Savannah. The location for historic San Marco was ideal and well within walking distance. The staff were pleasant and very helpful with plenty of tips and advice on the surrounding area. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable with a large walk in shower and Neutragena toiletries. Plenty of towels, hair dryer etc. Great in room internet connection with good speed. Our only observation for improvement was the noise of the air con unit, but this seems to be in all hotels we stay in. We would definitely stay again an would recommend the hotel to anyone whether for business or pleasure. If you decide to go into the historic centre of San Marco try the Grain and Grape, it has a great selection of wines from small run vineyards, the atmosphere was wonderful and the live entertainment quite lively. We ate at the Taverna, good food and service although a little on the pricey side. The town square was a pleasure to walk around and had a kind of Mediterranean feel. All in all a great stay and look forward to returning at some point.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We came to Jacksonville to try something new. We we very pleased with the hotel staff they were very helpful and polite. Decent room for the price. Our stay was absolutely perfect until we were about to leave. I had lost an earing so my husband looked under the bed in case in rolled under, where he saw a condom wrapper. It was very disgusting. I didn't make a fuss at check out I just wanted to leave. But other than that it was a great stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I was checked in by the front desk manager over this past weekend and the experience was less than desirable. He was not very accomadating to my needs, he was cold, uninviting and rude. I wanted a smoking room, there were none available upon my checkin, I asked if I could move to a smoking room when/if one became available the next day. His response was, "I would rather not do that." I wasn't really sure what he meant by that so I told him not to worry about it. The next day I went to the pantry to buy 2 bottles of orange juice, Front desk manager charged me $5, I paid cash. Before I got on the elevator I decided i needed one more, went back, different person at the counter, he charged me $1.75. I asked why his front desk manager charged me more and he stated he didn't know. I have stayed at numerous Hilton properties and I have never been treated this way. I don't look like your average business traveler but I am in the business of working with the public. I honestly feel like i was treated unfairly and I honestly feel like it was because my appearance put him off. Please be warned of this gentleman and his poor attitude. You should never treated anyone differently because of the way they look or dress. YOU NEVER KNOW WHO YOU MAY BE DEALING WITH!
Everyone else I dealt with was pleasant.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LISA J
Brunswick, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

The hotel was fantastic, and everyone was friendly. Only problem is Jacksonville has construction going on and not a big fan of dodging all the barriers to get to the hotel. Maybe better signage for direction to check in prior to going into the parking garage.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Clarksdale, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

This trip initially started out as a business trip, but the hotel stay made it feel like a vacation. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends. Hilton Garden Inn gives you very good options. Thanks for the hospitality.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business