“Great staff”

Ranked #46 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Hoschton, Georgia
“Great staff”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We arrived at this hotel with a large car trailer in tow. The staff Mia the manager and David the front desk clerk were so helpful. Parking was difficult but they arranged to move vehicles so that we could park safely. Their dedication to their guests is exceptional.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
BestChoiceHotel, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Whatever it takes to let our guest know that good customer service still exists!

~Mia P~

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
New York
Reviewed 8 March 2013

This has become a routine stop for us on our way south. We had a suite which was very clean, spacious, and met all our needs. I can't say enough about how friendly the staff is. A real pleasure to deal with. The location is barely a block off the interstate with plenty of places to eat and shop near by. I really have a hard time understanding some of the negative reviews. I find them to be very petty and/or expecting way too much from a good economy minded hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
We honor your repeat business! Let us know if there is anything more we can do to extend our excellent service to you!

Apopka, Florida
Reviewed 28 February 2013

very clean, continental breakfast, penny the staff is very nice and helpful. we will stay here again. i wish they had vending machines for when you want a snack, we could only find soda machine. the bed was clean, and so was the bathroom, this sleep inn is on ramona off of intersate 10

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback! Safe travels!

Ft. Rucker, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 20 February 2013

This was a very comfortable and clean hotel. It is not brand new, but it is not very old either. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are clean. The breakfast is better than adequate and there are people servicing it regularly. We stayed overnight to watch the US National team play Scotland and we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We chose a King non smoking, it was very nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much!!! Glad to hear you all enjoyed your next! Cant wait to see you all again!

Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 January 2013

At check-in I thought this would be a great stay but at check-out that feeling was gone completely. The room was fine, the breakfast was ok there was not a lot of options when I got there (hour before closing). Penny, at check-in was great. She helped me find a place to eat and made sure everything was great. The only problem was a check-out. Penny had told me the safe charge would be taken off but at check-out it was still on the bill. When I asked for it to be taken off the gentleman first gave me the excuse that it would take some time, then he kept blaming it on the computer system. I was fine and very patient but 5 minutes turned into 45 minutes and I still left with no receipt showing that the charge was removed. The gentleman at the desk kept saying I am sorry and blaming it on the computer system. I appreciate the fact he was apologizing but honestly at that point it would have just been better to give me a dollar and call it even. I suggested that and he told me that wasn't possible. My stay was fine until that moment. It would have been better to make me as the customer feel as if you were really wanting to help not just blaming the computer. It would have been nice to have a discount for my stay or one for a future stay, a dollar would have even been good at that point, or even just offering me anything would have been nice. I came back through this area a week later and I stayed somewhere else because of this experience.

Room Tip: The laundry room was directly outside my room (201) and there was not door closing the room. There...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
BestChoiceHotel, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Unfortunately, with technology things can happen out of our control. However, I did review the timing and it was only a total of 4-5 minutes wait time. I do apologize for that, however, we did have and offer the bill to be emailed with the minor $1.13 adjustment for faster convenience, to the guest. In addition, front desk are unable to refund "cash back" when dealing with credit card transactions. Again, we sincerely apologize that this was such a dreadful experience for you and we will re-enforce that proper adjustments are handle in a timely manner to ensure faster checkouts. Other than that I am glad to hear the customer service was appreciated at check-in and in addition to your over all stay!!!
Milton, Florida, United States
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I'm not sure how may Sleep Inn motels there are in Jacksonville; but I stayed in the one on Ramona Drive off Interstate 10 West. The room was spacious and comfortable, reasonably priced, and is supposedly not pet friendly. However, as soon as I climbed out of the shower and returned to my bedside to get dressed, I felt something stinging my leg. I looked down and saw a flea dining on my shin. I crushed that flea and we did not encounter any others. Obviously, someone violated the motel's no-pet policy and managed to infest the area; and at least one of the fleas made its way into our room.

The complimentary breakfast consisted of the usual continental style offerings, except that the biscuits and pastries had apparently been heated, re-frozen, and then microwaved again. Because of that, the biscuits and pastries had hard cores that couldn't be cut with the plastic cutlery provided.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for the positive comments. We do apologize for the 'flea' inconvenience. We are strict with our pet policy and even so, guest still have the ability to carry these critters with their luggage. We will increase our pest spray days to keep this under control. Safe travels!

Buford, Georgia
Reviewed 10 December 2012

The hotel itself is very nice. The room, the staff, the breakfast, everything was wonderful. My only complaint is that there is nowhere to park while checking in. We arrived late in the evening and there was nowhere anywhere near the lobby to park and check in. I had to find a spot way out in the corner of the parking lot and walk from there to check in. I wasn't comfortable doing this since the hotel is not in the best part of town.

Room Tip: The room choice doesn't matter since all of the rooms are nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Glad to hear your enjoy our hotel and we are sorry to hear about the parking. When we are sold out I know this can sometimes be an issue and we accommodate to our guest as much as possible. We know that our area is not a tropical resort (nor as bad as everyone assumes) but glad you were able to see what excellence we provide and how clean and well maintained we are. We take pride and security in our property to accommodate are guest. Have a blessed day in travel!