“Great Place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jacksonville
Pecan Park RV Resort
Reviewed 14 October 2013

For the past 4 years we have been seasonal residents at Pecan Park - I can not think of a better place to stay in Jacksonville! We appreciate the uniformity of the sites, which are all concrete and wide. There is plenty of room for your slide outs, we have four, and there is still enough pad to accommodate our chairs including the permanent picnic tables (provided at each site) plus plenty of grass on both sides. The Manager and office staff have always been helpful, courteous and are like family.
The park is conveniently located off I-95, with Georgia a short distance to the North. Walmart and other shopping and restaurants one exit South of Pecan Park. There are many local churches in the area and easy access to I-295, downtown, Yulee, and St Augustine to name a few.
The Flea Market is open Saturday and Sunday from 9:00am - 5:00pm and we have never found the noise to be an issue. The Beer Pond at the Flea Market is open a little later, still no problem from them.
There are some full time residents here, as there are at every RV park. I would take these folks over anywhere else. True I do not know everyone, but the ones I do know are like a "neighborhood watch" community. We watch out for one another! We know of NO crime in this area and we feel very safe here. There is a short period of time in the fall, when "carnies" have stayed here while working the "Greater Jacksonville Fair". I believe the Manger here has always been sensitive to this AND if a problem is reported, it is handled immediately. But it has to be REPORTED.
The pool here is similar in size to most RV parks and is large enough to enjoy with your kids or grand kids. Also it has a nice sitting area around it with the bathroom and showers close.
The laundry offers "he" washing machines and dryers.
Currently the "catch and release" fishing pond is experiencing some water/algae issues, also fair to note many waters in Jacksonville are experiencing the same issue due to above average rainfall and hot summer temperature.
Pecan Park is located near Jacksonville International Airport and there can be airplane noise.
If you are sitting outside you might hear the cars on the interstate, especially if you are on the front row.
I realize you can not please all of the people all of the time - but if you are reading this, please do not be discouraged by negative comments. This really IS a good park or we would not be coming back year after year. This park is big rig friendly with the sites being approximately 70 feet long (my estimate). All pull through sites, 30/50 AMP.
We have a 45' class A with a tow and have plenty of room.
I would definitely recommend this park!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Janet P

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I'm a full time resident at Pecan Park Resort. I've lived here for 2 years now and am still happy here. Many of the employees have become friends. It's always clean, quiet and safe! Cable TV and WIFI is included! With the largest flea market in Jacksonville being next door, it's an easy walk over there. I purchase the majority of my vegetables there along with used books. Major shopping is within 5 miles with a back road for easy access. As the park is close to I-95, traveling to the city or any where is easily done! You can go into Georgia within 15 minutes.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank eLynneMathison
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We almost did not stay here as some of the reviews were not very nice..especially the ones about the staff,.. we were on our way back to Perry from a 5 week journey and since my sister lives in the area, we decided to give it a try...We were delighted with our welcome and the staff was exceptional,warm and very accommodating. The park is VERY clean,and all sites are level and concrete so parking our rig was not a problem.Since I read on reviews the side next to the flea market is noisy I asked to be placed as far from that as possible and WAS..the only thing negative I have to say is the park lacked "personality" all sites are arranged military style one right next to the other..and there is ONLY 1 restroom and shower area and we had to drive to get to it...while we saw a lot of large "self contained units" and ours IS a self contained unit we prefer to use a parks facility to shower etc.the pool is small and there is little else to do if you were on "Vacation"..I would say it is a good place to go if you are just in the area for a quick visit..but not a great place to vacation if you have kids and after the 1 visit to Pecan Park Flea market????? I still prefer Flamingo Park

Room Tip: Get a site away from the Flea Market
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Dianna S
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My wife and I are from Hampton Virginia and in June 2013 we traveled to Jacksonville, Fla. to vacation with my sister and my father. We stayed a week in the suite at Pecan Park. It was one of the highlights of our vacation. We have stayed in many hotels and non of them offer as much as Pecan Park does. The staff was very polite and helpful in every way. The rooms, kitchen, exercise room, the pool, the catch and release pond were better than we ever expected for the price we paid. We have visited many flee markets here at home and travel and the flee market that Pecan Park has is one of the best. We normally only take long trips about every 3 or 4 years, however, because of the wonderful experience we had at Pecan Park we are thinking seriously on planning another trip there next year. Thank you so much Pecan Park for making our Florida vacation the best one yet.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Wayne M
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Plus-
Quiet. Clean, nice wide concreted pads.
Pull through sites. Garbage pick up. Nice staff. Convenient to interstate, and local stores, and restaurants. Good rates.
Minus-
No problems but would like to have security in park at night after office closes. Minimal low flying airplanes some during the week.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank MBCJ
Reviewed 22 June 2013

stayed here as a guest of a friend. very noisy after dark. the flea market next door hosts a beer pond that has no respect for the campers. loud music up until 11 at night. when asked to turn it down so that we could get some rest we were told to mind our own business. our friend said this was the answer from management also. can not under stand why they stay there. the owners must not know of this or they just don't care to make any money. not a very friendly park. we will certainly tell all of our contacts of the terrible time we had here. we have been in many parks in the past 20 years and this was one of the worst. the park itself was nice but the management and workers were not making it friendly. will never visit our friend there again.

Room Tip: don't go there
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank dwight s
Reviewed 14 June 2013

noise from flea market beer pond music til 11 at night manager does not live on site and does not care to enforce rules of park speeding and going wrong way in park is dangerous for seniors and children there are also some campers of questionable character and the manager refuses to address these problems as well tarps covering trailers junk laying all over children under age in the pool with no supervision children at the beer pond where beer and liquor are served just cannot recommend this park for any good people

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple