“Favorite place in Jacksonville ”
Review of Taverna

Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 2,189 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$7 - US$32
Cuisines: European, Italian, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Atlantic Boulevard
Description: Taverna draws inspiration from the simplicity and warmth of rustic Italian kitchens. Located in Jacksonville’s historic San Marco neighborhood, this rustic, yet sophisticated dining destination has earned many accolades since opening in 2009.
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Awesome food and service. Reminded my family of our visits to Spain and Tuscany. Our favorite place in Jacksonville, we ate here twice!

Reviewed 18 November 2017

We live over an hour away, it's date day, shopping, walking and now STARVED! In an unfamiliar neighborhood so what do ya do? Ask someone where's a good place to eat and that's how we found Taverna. Happy we did too, sidewalk alfresco, decent service, generous portions. The menu was limited but the server explained it was that "limbo" timeframe-change over from lunch to dinner. The chicken pita & salad was good and my kale, arugula, salad outstanding-more than filling. Draft beer selection included a brewery a few blocks away. Overall a nice experience.

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Great location, trendy inviting atmo, and good service. Too bad I wasn't impressed by my salad. Just ordered a salad with chicken... asked that it be blackened... Just not much flavour, and quality of the chicken wasn't that great.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

We love this place....service is outstanding, food is delish, menu is perfect!! Taverna never disappoints...we had the butternut squash soup, hanger steak, salmon sandwich and the specialty pizza....that soup is heaven!!

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Our daughter and two grandchildren took my wife and me to brunch at Taverna on Wednesday. Our daughter and my wife had specialty salads and I had linguine Alfredo(truffle essence). The Alfredo was at my request as it was not on the menu. We really enjoyed the outside seating area and the pet friendly atmosphere. The location could not hav been better for shopping in a upscale area. The aroma of truffle was a pleasant surprise. We definitely recommend dining here. Larry & Kelly, Georgetown, Texas