“Expectations met!”
Review of 13 Gypsies

13 Gypsies
Reserve with OpenTable
13 Gypsies is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 2,133 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Honestly after seeing an old episode of DDD on Food Network I had high expectations for 13 Gypsies and to be honest it was everything I expected. We went in early on a Saturday a few weeks ago and had a brunch. We each had an Empanada to start and my wife followed it up with a tomato bisque with toast cheese while I had the chorizo hash. Everything is cooked to order and came out in a fair amount of time with minimum wait. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her meal (and I don't blame her after taste testing!) while my chorizo was a touch on the salty side but it was offset with the potatoes and egg. I had coffee which they make on request and my wife ended up with water because they buy their tea pre-made by the gallon which is the only reason I'm not putting it at 5. It's not a reason not to go though and we will be going back!

2  Thank Ed B

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The food is fresh, the service was friendly and prompt...great place! The honey hummus should not be missed. I hadn't had honey on top of hummus before, but it was a nice counterpoint to the garlic in the hummus. Every other plate we had was really scrumptious. The chorizo, the cremini mushrooms and the bruschetta were all winners. The gazpacho was a little weird. I have never had pureed gazpacho before. It was good, just not what I expected. I don't think I will get it again. Overall a really good experience!

1  Thank Henry S
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

This isn't a place you would eat every night but when you want something special... go here. The chef puts a lot into his menu. You aren't eating anything out of a box. It's tapas so the portions are on small side... as you would expect. The specials are amazing and the desserts are too.

2  Thank WeAndy
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I love this place! Went there for lunch and had their crab cakes. Apparently they had just put them on the menu! The best I have ever tasted! My husband had the ham gravy over peasant bread and that was delicious as well! I highly recommend this place! There are no burgers, no hot dogs or anything that even resembles this on their menu! Just good food prepared wonderfully!

2  Thank Ilene and Steve P
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We have tried on numerous occasions to have dinner at 13 Gypsies and finally landed reservations! Our fabulous evening celebrating two birthdays was well worth our wait! Our party of 8 ordered everything from hummus with clover honey to citrus marinated beef, gnocchi and tres leche cake!
We loved everything ! Don't give up!
You will love 13 Gypsies!!