“Great pizza”

Al's Pizza - Mandarin
Ranked #549 of 2,132 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Al's Pizza is not your average pizzeria. Founded in 1988, Al's Pizza combines old world quality, values and work ethic with new world ambiance and award winning appeal. When immigrating to the United States in 1978, Al brought with him the traditions, passion for excellence and commitment to quality that makes Al's Pizza what it is today. Give Life A Slice!
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I like to hit Al's on thursday for $1 cheese slices and $1 beers. As always the pizza is awesome. I get the chicken and ricotta slices. Our server we had was horrible the first time I wwent to this location. She would take one order then walk away with out asking if anyone else wanted something. We had 7 people sitting at our table which blows my mind that she wouldnt be more attentive. On a couple occasions my buddy was asking her about the different beers they served and in the middle of him talking she would start to wander off. One bad apple cant ruin the bunch so I continue to come back and havent ran into any other issues since.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We go here because it's my younger son's favorite place for pizza. I just think there pizza is okay; but there are other things I love like the pesto garlic cheese bread and their crispy chicken salad is wonderful. They have a LONG menu; lots to choose from so everyone should be able to find something they like here.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Went there with a bunch of girls for lunch and our server was very, very nice. I am sure we were making him blush but he took our crazy comments well.....everyone seemed to enjoy their lunch. I had the Margarita flatbread and it was very good (with some additional seasongs that I added). The chicken salad seemed a little skimpy. Would try this place again and try one of their pizzas.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

The pizza was pretty good with meatball and onion. Server was not too attentive and the food took quite some time to come out. Nice atmosphere in there on San Jose, convenient and prices were typical. Not terribly impressive but not bad either.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Have been wanting to try Al's for sometime now since moving to the area. It was good, not great. Pizza sauce was not tomatoey, not sweet, just there. Not alot of taste to it. It was just a pizza but nothing I would drive out of my way for. The service was very very good. If I was in the neighborhood and hungry, I may stop there again, but wouldn't make a special trip.