“Great value, cool place, great staff”

Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park
Ranked #12 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I love this modern hotel and the price was a steal. It's in a great location for shopping and it's conveniently located, half way between downtown and the beaches. It is very clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. It has a great lobby with a bar, pool table and working fireplace. Although we didn't use them, the pool and gym were nice and well maintained. One more thing that I really liked was the recycling programs. Going Green is always a plus in my book.

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Always been a Starwood fan had to go to Jacksonville stay the night nice hotel staff was nice and they are dog friendly Alofts are a European style hotel probably my only personnel issue is the pillows forgot my memory foam pillow there are alittle hard for me but it's free coffee free parking and a good location

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stayed at the begining of December 2013 while in Jacksonville on business.

The hotel is modern in design and the rooms well appointed with plenty of room, well lit and furnished. Free wi fi is offered and had good bandwidth and speed. The shower was a full walk in type with plenty of room to move around.

The breakfast facilities are perhaps a little different versus what might normally be expected in the US, but not so much if you've traveled in Europe in places like Norway and Sweden. It is a galley style where you help yourself. Don't expect a big cooked breakfast. The advantage is that you can get coffee, snacks, etc. pretty much 24/7.

The hotel does have a good gym and outdoor pool.

The bar was pleasant and had a good selection, including a 15 year old single malt (important coming from Scotland).

Staff were always friendly and helpful, particularly so when I got stranded in Jacksonville for an extra night due to my flight being cancelled due to Newark being closed with bad weather.

Parking is abundant and free and immediately outside the hotel is a Starbucks and a sushi restaurant that I visited a couple of times. There are numerous other places to eat withing walking distance as well as cinema.

Overall I would highly recommend Aloft and I have stayed in other hotels in London and Abu Dhabi and never encountered any real problems.

1  Thank JonahAJ
Scott W, General Manager at Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

I'm sorry that your flight was delayed but, glad that it gave you an opportunity to enjoy the area. Tapestry Park has so many great features and it sounds like you were able to experience several.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I would like speak on wonderful staff that was experienced while vacationing at Aloft. My wife and I are parents of 1 year old triplets. And finding accommodations to suit the comforts of our little crew is not always easy. From the moment of check in to getting 2 cribs brought to our room. The staff was extremely kind and professional. I have had the pleasure of being a guest in many other hotels. From Europe ,to different states. And I can honestly say that I would recommend to all that I know. To give Aloft a try. Also I want to not forget the young ladies who kept my family with clean towels and any other needs. And it was a bonus that they were just everyday people who smiled and wanted to make a short term friend. So once again continue to maintain the high standards and treat everyone as if they are royalty. Pleased visitor Kelyn C. Brown

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kelynb

Thank you for all the kind comments about our staff. I am really proud of our team and their geniune desire to ensure everyone has a great experience. As a father myself, I'm sorry that I missed the triplets and glad to hear they enjoyed the hotel as well.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

On a project in Jacksonville for the past six months and started out staying at the Hyatt, then the Sheraton, and even a few stays at the Four Points, but I eventually settled on this Aloft for two reasons: (1) I am a loyal Starwood Preferred Guest looking for their points fix, and (2) their friendly and attentive staff. I tend to work long hours that start early in the morning and end pretty late at night, so I wanted a hotel that was clean and had nearby quick food options, but I had never considered how important a good staff was to enjoying my time here. Whether it was providing restaurant recommendations, helping with directions, or just making friendly conversation, everyone at the Aloft Tapestry Park has made my time in Jacksonville great. In particular, one of their associates, Katie, is always extremely friendly, bubbly, and conversational with me and every one on my team. With her working the front desk, I can be sure that there are no issues with my stay, room charges, early check out, etc. If she typifies what I can expect at other Aloft locations, I will be sure to encourage my other teams to stay at Aloft hotels whenever possible.

2  Thank Blake O
Reviewed 18 December 2013

For my business trips to Jacksonville, I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions from October through December 2013. The hotel has a very relaxing, laid-back atmosphere and makes for a nice home away from home while traveling. The great bar in the lobby and the pool table make for a fun environment and provide a good opportunity to relax. Proximity to Starbucks and several local restaurants are a definite plus for the hotel.

Although all of their associates are very pleasant, friendly, and helpful, Mike and Katie were always there to help me out with everything I needed.All in all a very pleasant place to stay and for it's price you get an excellent value.

1  Thank jlcastrom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice. Once, while needing a room for a few nights while the floors in me new house were being renovated. Being a new homeowner and facing a renovation, I used Priceline to book my room. As a former accounting executive in the hotel industry, I walked in expecting to receive the obligatory 3rd Party Res treatment: bare bones, no frill, and "just enough" personality. I could not have been more wrong.

The entire staff that I encountered during my stay were phenomenal. From housekeeping, to the bar tenders, and especially the desk. Even the gentlemen working the overnight shifts were pleasant and helpful. I was recognized by name, requests were honored with pleasure; I was treated no less than a preferred member of W's rewards program...not a guest paying a discounted rate through a 3rd party site. I enjoyed my time there so much, I decided that I had to start doing a weekend or 2 a month at the hotel as a mini stay-cation. I'm just wrapping up my second stay and have to say that it was just as great as the first stay.

The rooms were exceptionally clean and had many small touches that are usually afterthoughts. One one desk there is a black box that has multiple connections for phones/tablets/mp3 players. A desk and a bedside phone, which you usually don't find in a studio room was useful for when you're already in bed and need to call down to the front desk, without having to get out of bed. And easily accessible bedside outlets for charging your phone without having to dig around behind a nightstand and possibly unplug the lamp or alarm clock or both.

If I had to point out any flaws, there would be 2 minor ones that most people are not going to either bother to complain about or won't notice at all.
1- The Plug and Play device that connects your media devices to the could come with a little more info. I had attempted to connect my laptop to it so that I could keep up with a few Netflix episodes when I was in the room. However, since I was using a straight HDMI cable, I was out of luck. I was told by the engineer when I came down to the desk to see about maybe trying a different cable that I had to use a VGA cable...which my computer does not have a port for. The HDMI would not work. No worries, I just plugged it into the television itself and was good to go.

2- The TV itself is mounted on the outer wall, dead center. It does not have a swivel mount, so if you are working or eating at one of the desks on either side of the TV, you have to watch at an angle. But, they do provide a small tray under the coffee make that I used to sit up on my bed and use while I watched a movie a couple nights.

I will definitely be returning in the future to get away from the stresses of home renovation. A perfect hotel for younger business clients, to families with kids, to retirees. And its location meant I was halfway between my new home downtown and work at the beaches.

Room Tip: I believe the Double Queen rooms might be a tad bigger. If you want a little more space, you may as...