“Well done by W”

Ranked #12 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Miramar, Florida, United States
“Well done by W”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

My first experience with the Aloft brand and very enjoyable. I am leery of "hip" concepts because that often translates to spare style over substance. In this case the modern feel did not come at the expense of actual livability or function.

I was in town for only one night so didn't fully experience all the property's amenities. The lobby lounge, snack bar, and reception were all clean, organized, and easy to navigate. The room was spacious and had some nice touches like an interior window to the shower which allowed some natural light into what is typically a cave in most hotel rooms. There was the usual good Westin bed and an eco-friendly half-flush/full-flush toilet. In all, very comfortable, visually pleasing, with creative touches, at a budget price.

There were plenty of restaurant options in the containing complex -- which was good because beyond that there only seemed to be national fast food or wing joints. What's the deal Jacksonville?

The only knock is the parking. Most of the parking is off to the side of the hotel so on busy nights it's a long trek to-and-from the car if you're driving (a necessity in Jacksonville it seems).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Scott W, General Manager at Aloft Jacksonville Tapestry Park, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for that terrific review. Next visit, please consult our Desk Agents for restaurants with a local flair. Jacksonville has a lot of hidden treasures and while most are a drive away, they are well worth the effort. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stay here often as we love the relaxing yet lively lobby & bar. This hotel is clean with very friendly staff and is close to a very large selection of restaurants & shopping. Our most recent stay was remarkable....we checked out, drove back to south Florida and later realized we left valuables in our room safe. The staff was so professional. They had secured these items for us and we arranged to have them shipped to us. It's remarkable to have such honest, caring individuals. Thank you so very much to Scott & Michael❗️

• Stayed March 2014
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have always found the accommodations to be wonderful. The bar and lobby are very nice with an great selection of drinks, a relaxing area to get a little work done, and a nice social atmosphere. The occasional live music events downstairs (finishing with plenty of time for a good night's sleep to be ready for work in the morning) are typically enjoyable for the music aficionado. Katie and the rest of the staff do a an excellent job of making the trip out to Jacksonville as pleasant as can be!

Room Tip: Every room I have been in has been great.
oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Great hotel! Lovely accommodations, friendly staff & great room. Very modern and clean. I'll stay at other Aloft properties around the world because I was so impressed with my stay in Jacksonville.
Great bar downstairs. Eco -friendly and modern conference rooms.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Friendswood
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

My recent stay at this Aloft property was very enjoyable. The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. I had a bit of an issue trying to connect to their Internet access and the staff was quick to get the issue resolved within minutes. I enjoyed the bar area and the lobby for relaxing with some of my colleagues after work. The drinks were reasonably priced and the bar tender very friendly. The location is good with several restaurants close by. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to travel to this area for business or pleasure.

Clemson, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Okay, so I've had my share of bad experiences with hotels I've stayed at in the past, but Aloft is definitely in my top 5 as a great place to stay. Super clean room and bathroom and the nice lobby staff is an added plus. My only complaint is that sounds from the hallway carry into the room though I never heard a peep from the other rooms. Apparently there were a TON of kids (mostly under 7) staying there when we were and their parents made no effort to quiet them even if it was late at night. Try to request a room that won't be near the elevators so you can avoid this.

Room Tip: Rooms farther from the elevators are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Ventura, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I say that because it was a new brand for me to stay. Although I am familiar with and like the Starwood properties, I was not familiar with Aloft. I thought I would give it a try since it was very local to where the company I was visiting. My impression senses were delighted from entering the lobby, to the prompt check-in process, to the decor, to my room.

The layout of the room was unusual, but it worked -- very functional. I guess that's what I liked so much about Aloft -- it was unusual, but it worked -- it had a very modern, trendy feel. I will be looking for an Aloft on my next travels!