“Don Not Eat Sunday Brunch Here”

River City Brewing Company
Ranked #63 of 166 things to do in Jacksonville
Sierra Vista, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Don Not Eat Sunday Brunch Here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Arriving to Jacksonville hungry and on a Sunday we basically just chose a place that was close to our hotel. Bad, bad choice. After having a lovely four day weekend vacation that started in St. Augustine, this was most disappointing. Upon arrival we found out there was only a Sunday brunch, no other options. $25 per person for microwaved fast food. The only good thing was peel and eat shrimp and crab legs. To top off the experience, my husband misunderstood about the drinks. He was told there were complimentary mimosa's but for an extra $10 that would be "bottomless". So he ordered our comp mimosa. I ordered a comp "bloody Mary". When the bill came we were charged for all of the drinks. The drinks alone came to $20! They took off the bloody Mary but the other charges remained. I couldn't even drink the bloody Mary as it was terrible!! So our bill for this lousy experience, with gratuity (automatic 15%) was $88! Too bad for the waiter as I generally tip at 20%. Anyway just really put a damper on our Jacksonville experience and will not be back. Will instead go straight to St. Augustine which is AMAZING!

Visited November 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

The food was great, a bit over priced but well worth it. The atmosphere and the view at night is wonderful.

Visited August 2013
Estill Springs, TN
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Food was delicious, beautiful setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Food was fine, the service all right. I liked the decor, elegant with river views. I had smothered chicken; my friends had the grilled tilapia.

Visited April 2013
Orange Park, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Filet and Lobster”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

The hubs and I dressed up for a night on the town. Heard some good buzz about this place and decided to check it out. He got the filet for around $32 and I got the lobster pasta for around $26. It was a bit pricy for the atmosphere, but the food was very good. Lobster and steak were perfectly prepared. Ordered a Sprite and a Ginger Ale, but both sodas machines were not working properly, so I settled for water. The guys at the table next to us were drinking pretty heavily and were loud, so the atmosphere left something to be desired for our romantic evening out. We did have a seat by the water, so we got to see the sun set and the pretty downtown lights. The best part of our evening was our server. He was knowledgeable and attentive, which was refreshing. Will come back again.

Visited March 2013
La Vergne, Tennessee
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Happy Hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

We had drinks in the bar and they had a good happy hour menu and specials. The spinach artichoke dip was very tasty and came with different color chips, which was a nice change to most other restaurants. The view of the St John's River is very nice. We watched a gentleman wash his sailboat while the sun set. Our server, Ryan, was very friendly and provided good service.

Visited March 2013