“Great food, chameleon atmosphere”
Review of Marker 32

Marker 32
Reserve with OpenTable
Marker 32 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 2,000 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, View, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: San Pablo
Transit: There is a JTA bus stop only yards from the entry driveway to the restaurant.
Albany, New York
“Great food, chameleon atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The hubs and I have had a vacation home in Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra area for five years and enjoy trying out the plethora of dining choices. Finally got around to trying out Marker 32 two nights ago. The restaurant is tucked away at the end of a bridge over the intercostal overlooking a marina. It sits up high on stilts so you are looking down on the marina and all the fancy and not so fancy yachts and boats. Unfortunately, you are also overlooking a parking lot and parked cars so that detracts somewhat from the overall view. We had a wonderful meal, no complaints with the food. We both ordered the warm spinach salad for our appetizer, which the server recommended we get one and split because of its size. Good thing we listened to her! Actually it was more a spinach side dish, nothing crisp or salad about it. But it was delicious!! Cooked spinach, bacon, hard boiled egg, mushrooms with melted gruyere cheese over top and a honey tarragon dressing. I would go back just to get another!! The hubs had the fresh catch special which he raved about and I had the fresh local fried shrimp with crispy fennel straws and coleslaw. They had a Facebook special free dessert which I printed out so had a creme brûlée between us. This place can be a special dress up date night or a casual shorts and sandles place, your choice. Not pretentious at all. The only negative I would say is the noise level. Acoustics not good, we had to keep leaning across the table and repeating ourselves. All in all, a good experience and we will go back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank tomsdeb

• Hungarian first
Atlantic Beach, Florida
“Good Every time.”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We have eaten At Marker 32, at least, 20 times in the last two years. The food is prepared properly. served hot and promptly. Very good chefs and staff.

Visited May 2014
FORT SMITH, AR
“Evidently Not Up To Par”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Very excited to even get a reservation after reading the reviews. At 6:30 the restaurant was not in the least busy. Husband had the scallops which were good, but the spinach was tough. Never had tough spinach. Mine was not tough - strange. I had to try the Grouper since I've never had it before (not from Florida) over gouda grits with spinach. The grits were great. The Grouper should not have been served as it was a tough, thin tail piece, but I didn't know better until I had this same fish at another restaurant and it was fabulous. Then the waiter said he had a special wine he'd like us to sample. It was not great, but okay and we agreed to a glass each. Beware of this sucker ploy - didn't see any wine on the menu for $15/glass, but this one was. Will never be back. I think they play the tourists. Our cost was $100 and I left feeling angry and cheated.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ARSANDI
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good but a little off”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I went there for my wedding anniversary thinking this was a dress up/anniversary night sort of place but it was not. It was actually fairly casual, some people wearing flip flops and sun dresses. The food on the other hand was really good and looked incredibly fancy. The place seemed to be a contradiction, small yacht club but high end dining? Server was great.

• Visited March 2014
Carlsbad, California
“Great seafoord”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I went here for the first time as I was visiting Jacksonville to visit my son. We went here on a Saturday night and it was very busy. We sat at a nice roomy booth. I had the salmon and it was excellent. The bread basket was very good also. I would definitely return here when visiting this area.

• Visited April 2014