“Cinco de Mayo.......GREAT TIME!!”

Don Juan's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #150 of 2,037 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Jacksonville, Florida
“Cinco de Mayo.......GREAT TIME!!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is the ONLY place to party in Jacksonville on Cinco de Mayo! The entertainment, margarita's and food was great!

• Visited May 2014

St. Johns, Florida
“My Family away from Family”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Always warm and inviting, Don Juan's employees welcome us with a smile. Great food, libations and always willing to accommodate. We celebrated Mother's Day here and had just gotten engaged. There was a Mariachi singer who entertained us and the Manager treated us to a celebratory drink. Always clean, I have tried many entrees, from their tacos, fajitas, tamales and enchiladas; Never have I left disappointed. Family owned, the owner is always there to come to our table, make us feel welcome and make sure every thing is as it should be. If you are looking for good Mexican food with excellent service and a great atmosphere, this is it!

• Visited May 2014
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Don Juan's has stolen my heart...”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

How could I have lived in Jacksonville for so long, and not heard of this fine restaurant??? I keep asking myself. This is, by far, the best Mexican Restaurant in town. Perhaps, because it's at the extreme southern part of the city, I've never been by it, or heard of it. The other night we were looking for a good Mexican restaurant to go to. I really didn't want to go to the old standbys - La Nopolera, or Campeche Bay, or even the new place at Town Center. (My last experience there was rather bland and expensive. I don't even remember its name.) My wife asked one of her co-workers and they recommended Don Juan's in Mandarin. It's south on SR13, just a few blocks north of Julington Creek. When we got there, the parking lot was crammed full. But, there was little wait. They have plenty of tables, and a full bar. We were shown to our booth after about 5 minutes. The restaurant has typical Mexican decor. All of the booths and tables look very fresh and clean. Our waiter, Chris, was very pleasant and helpful. We were on a special diet that night, and were looking for Romain lettuce, steak, and guacamole. Their Chopped Salad fit the bill nicely! They brought us chips and salsa, but we could only eat the salsa due to the diet. The salsa was very good, and pretty hot! I sure wish I could have eaten a basket full of chips. But, that darned diet! We also got a side of guacamole to go with the salads. When they arrived after only a few minutes, the salad was big, and the fajita steak was very hot and tender. It was nothing like the steak that you'd get in a steak fajita at La Nopolera. It was flavorful and tender! The Romain was fresh and crisp. The guacamole was delicious! We really enjoyed our salads. After dinner, the owner, Efrain, came by to ask how our dinner was. I told him that it was excellent, and asked about the steak. Efrain told us that they use skirt steak, a more expensive cut than you would find at other Mexican restaurants. It made a lot of difference. We really, really enjoyed our meal and talking with Efrain. I wish I had known about this fine restaurant long ago. It's by far, the best Mexican restaurant in Northeast Florida. It was so good, I brought friends back the next night. They loved it, too! If you like Mexican, definitely give this place a try! I highly, highly recommend it.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank jeffb1650
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Food AND Great Service”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Consistently outstanding food and service.
Well run with the best Mexican food. Owners are always there and the service and food reflect it.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Imctsk
Veracruz, Mexico
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Went to Don Juan's for date night. The service was on point. Food came to the table quickly, about as hot as it gets, drinks were never empty without being over served, and the owner/manager came to the table to ensure our satisfaction.

The food tasted fresh, without "mystery" ingredients. Its just what you'd expect from an upscale Mexican restaurant, without being pretentious, and overpriced.

The establishment was clean, and appropriate. The atmosphere was average, but what you'd expect without being tacky. You can tell the owners take pride in delivering a solid experience. It's great to have an alternative for eating Mexican food that you know won't give you "taco bell stomach" later...

1 Thank waterproofpanda