“Extended Stay at the Days Inn”

Days Inn Jacksonville South / Near Memorial Hospital
Ranked #110 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I was recently asked by my company if I was interested in working a project in the Jacksonville area. The job was to last a period of 4-6 weeks. As it was still winter (and cold) back home, it didn't take much to convince me to go.
A colleague of mine who had travailed by car to Florida in December of 2013 suggested that I stay at the Days Inn in south Jacksonville. He told me that the facility was renovated recently and that the rooms were on par with that of many other major motel chains, Hampton and Fairfield Inns, etc. The big difference was the better rate offered at the Days Inn.
Upon checking in I was greeted by the general manager who was an extremely friendly individual and was it quite apparent to me that he had the best interests of his guests at heart. I was more than pleased when I checked into my room. It was very clean and did look new.
The housekeeping staff were polite and efficient, and my room was always well stocked with fresh towels.
The continental breakfast has a wide variety of choices, including hot waffles as well as a variety of fresh fruit.
I have been here for two weeks now and can say I am more than satisfied. With another potentially four weeks to go, I wouldn't even consider changing hotels at this point.
I can only add that in my line of work I travel extensively, and it is important to me that I stay where I am comfortable and am treated warmly and with respect.
This Days Inn has it all.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Krishan P, General Manager at Days Inn Jacksonville South / Near Memorial Hospital, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I was very pleased to see such nice things written about our property. We strive for excellence and I like to think that I work very hard to make sure that every guest has a wonderful experience while they are here. Thanks again for making us your home away from home and we will continue to take care of you while you are here.

Thanks again

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Days Inn South The manager and staff were very pleasant and did a awesome job of making sure our stay was one to remember. Hats off to the housekeepers who cleaned room 114 We will come again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Wallace,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us. I will definitely share with the housekeeper the nice words you said. She has been at this property for the last 14 years and there is a reason she is still here. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to taking care of you on your next visit. Thanks again

Reviewed 3 March 2014

My family and I stayed here for a few nights recently and found the room to be decent for the price point. There was a musty smell in the room after it had rained one day but it went away when the rain stopped so I am not sure what that was about.

The hotel is actively undergoing renovations and some of the rooms are complete but others are not yet. The road noise is not bad on the front of the building but the court yard and pool do face I95 but we didn't stay over there so I can't speak to the noise there.

The entire staff at this property where very friendly and accommodating. The beds were comfortable and the mattresses in full covers which helps avoid any bedbug issues and the like.

The area is a little rough because it is right off the highway but there were no problems while we were there. The property across the street was active with "working girls" hanging around and soliciting people but that never crossed over, thankfully.

Breakfast was basic with pastries, cereal, coffee, juice, fruit, and waffles. It wasn't bad and for a grab and go, it works.

Overall, I would stop here again on the way through and would tell my fellow road warriors to give it a try if you need a stop off in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Christian,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write us. Our reviews are a testament to the hard work we put into this property. Our location is a prime spot for travelers as it is right off of I-95. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip down. Take Care

Reviewed 3 February 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roger W

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Clean, spacious room. Friendly, professional service. The whole facility is clean and comfortable. The staff went out of its way to accommodate us and our camper. Check-in and check-out was flawless. We'll definitely stop here again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Martha H

Dear Ms. Martha,

Thanks for such nice words. It was a pleasure to have you here and we look forward to seeing you in the future. I like to think that we do our very best to take care of our guests and your review confirms this. Thanks again

Reviewed 11 January 2014