“We KNEW There was Something Different.....”
Review of Mr Chan's Asian Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mr Chan's Asian Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Description: Between 14100 and 14600 Beach Blvd.
Florida, Massachusetts
“We KNEW There was Something Different.....”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We hadn't been to Mr. Chan's in about a year and went last night. The place was quiet as usual....a few tables...but the people waiting on the tables were different. Menu looked the same. (noodles on the table were different). Just kept thinking something was different about the place. Egg roll and soup were delicious. Our dinners came. My husband got shrimp and scallops. 3 of the tiniest (and I mean tiny) scallops came with 4 shrimp. Flavor was good but accompanied by a few veggies and it made for a light meal. I had the Kung Pao Chicken. Not a speck of heat. Not 1 speck!! I told my husband it had to have been sold and researching it this morning online I found it to be true. How sad!! It was truly an elegant Chinese restaurant with above-average food. Very special. So disappointing. Now where do we go for authentic sit-down Chinese food??

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank norma j

jax
“Still the Best Food in Jax! ”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Come and try this place out! Because I did and I really enjoyed it! Service was great... Very friendly staff. Tasted fresh and the price was fair for the amount of food we received. We had to go boxes for our whole Red Snapper, roast duck, and Chinese broccoli. I will be returning!

Jacksonville
“Poor Service”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The biggest issue was I felt a form of reverse discrimination as I am not asian, although I went to the restaurant with a friend who is Chinese american and who grew up in China but looks Korean. He noticed the problem too. The waiter was really unfriendly and was the only server in the restaurant. His English was moderate to poor. I asked for my food to be prepared without salt and soy sauce, and the response was short and rude and the reply was "no salt no soy no flavor!" . The same short, rude response was given when I asked if the restaurant carried brown rice instead of fried rice (they don't). When I asked for white rice instead of fried rice, I thought the waiter would have a heart attack- he looked at me as if he was doing me this huge favor. He came over three times in five minutes to hurry us to take our order, despite the large menu. The food came out hot and fresh, but was oily where I would have asked it to have been steamed had I not been so hurried. I might add the restaurant was not crowded, although clearly the waiter was friendly and had all the time in the world to chat with those patrons who were seemingly Chinese in larger groups. If you are looking for a typical greasy spoon type of Chinese take out from the 1980s then this is the place for you. However, if you are hoping for something more modern with healthier choices, you will be sorely disappointed by your reception.

• Visited March 2014
Jacksonville
“What happened to this place?”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

When they first opened it was unbelievable. Every visit since the quality has gone down. I heard they changed ownership and that may be why. The food is like a WOK-N-Roll quality now with the prices of an upscale place. Not worth it anymore. Sadly. Was perhaps the best place in JAX,

Visited January 2014
“Yummy! ”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Though the reviews I looked at before going were bad but I decided to go anyways. The food is fantastic! Everything was fresh and tasted really good! I will be coming back again!