“Nice room and great staff....”

Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville South I-295
Ranked #69 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 30 August 2013

The staff here are outstanding and know how to treat a customer...
We arrived somewhat late but the lady checking me in already had my paperwork and room ready so it was a very quick check in , to top it off I had been upgraded to a suite even though I was using points and break points at that...Nice!!!

This location is convenient to everything Jacksonville has to offer and is a short drive to St.Augustine which is where the Mrs.C wanted to do some sightseeing.
Our room is on the first floor,lots of space,updated with new furnishings and all the bells and whistles you could need in a hotel room.
Wifi speeds are pretty good,the breakfast options are nice as well.

Corette is a great plus for this hotel,she is super friendly and helpful.

I will definitely return here whenever work or leisure brings me to the area again.

Room Tip: 113 is updated and roomy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville South I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Mr & Mrs. C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your great stay with us. We also want to thank you again for being a IHG Rewards member and for redeeming your points with us. We can't agree more with you, our team here is outstanding and take so much pride in delivering you, the guest, with the best service possible so you may relax and enjoy your stay to the fullest. On behalf of our whole team we thank you again and look forward to your next time you #StaySmart with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville South I-295.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Standard Holiday Inn Express operation. Well located, close to I-295 and I-95. Nice clean rooms, all equipment operating fine, good internet service. Complimentary breakfast, good quality. Small gym, all equipment in operation. Small outdoor pool, looked well maintained. Courteous service from front desk staff. Very good value for its low price. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room - they are larger than the others.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville South I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear boyosp,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend in July while visiting family in the area. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were clean, and the location was very convenient to many shops and restaurants in the area.
We were impressed by the quality of the breakfast every morning and how clean the breakfast room was kept. We also enjoyed the coffee that was supplied all day!
I read on TA that this hotel had just been remodeled - and it shows it. We will definitely stay here again. The only reason I didn't give the hotel 5 stars is the lack of a fridge in the room, even though there was an opening for it in the furniture in our room. We didn't spend enough time in the room to upgrade to a suite, but the ability to keep some cold drinks would have been nice.
Great job with the remodel...!!!

Room Tip: Our room faced the main entrance and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Norman L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville South I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thanks for sharing your comments about your recent stay. As you said we are surrounded by many shops and restaurants. In fact there are about 10 restaurants within walking distance and more than 70 restaurants within a 5 mile drive from the hotel. The shopping mall next door makes it convenient to get groceries, you hair cut, purchase flowers or cards, mail packages and a liquor store too. Glad to hear you had such a great time. Look forward to your return visit with us soon.
Norman LeBert - General Manager

Reviewed 10 August 2013

My wife and I booked a room with the cruise package at the Holiday Inn Express closest to the port in Jacksonville, Fl. When that hotel overvbooked, they offered a deal at a Holiday Inn Express about five miles away that included parking and shuttle to the port. They also knocked about sixty dollars off the price.
The room was more spacious than I expected. It was comfortable, with all the amenities, including a blow dryer in the bathroom. The bed was just right; firm, king size with two perfect pillows. Goldilocks would have been in heaven.
The pool was clean and refreshing. I couldn't resist a dip before checking out the restaurants in the area.
The breakfast was also impressive. The eggs tasted like real eggs. Ditto the sausage.
The staff couldn't have been more helpful. Christina, at the original location called while we were en route to make sure we had the directions. When we got to the location we actually stayed at, she had made all the arrangements. All we had to do was check in and go to our room.
It was a very enjoyable stay. And it won't be my last.

Room Tip: All rooms are convenient to the pool and lobby.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Good to know you had such a good time. Hope to see you back soon.
Norman LeBert

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I've stayed at many, many hotels and this one is affordable, up to date, clean and has friendly staff. The complementary breakfast was great. We had no issues at all with our room. My husband, 3 year old and I stayed in a king size bed, which was good for all three of us. Room had a TV, iron, and blow dryer. I wish they had a mini fridge (at the least) and perhaps a microwave in there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Norman L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville South I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Happy to hear your family enjoyed the stay here in Jacksonville. Our hotel located in the Mandarin area opened in late March and we just had our grand opening May 19th. Not all of our rooms have microwaves and refrigerators. Those rooms that do are in our suites and available at an additional charge. We are looking to convert more of our rooms to those with the refrigerators and microwaves as we have seen a bigger demand than we expected. We may be new but we are still improving as a result of the feedback we get from our guest such as yourself. Thanks for taking the time to let us know. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

The hotel is located just off the I-295 which is great. It has a supermarket and many other stores and restaurants near by. I was immediately greeted upon checking-in. The room was clean and smelled nicely. The bathroom was clean and I had all the towels and toiletries that I needed during my stay here. The pool was clean and relaxing. The breakfast area was clean and not crowded however, I did have to ask the breakfast attendant to replenish the breakfast area which seem weird because it was not busy. The front desk people were always friendly and courteous. I do have to mention that the AC on the ground level was really dirty. At times I wondered if the air quality was OK.

Room Tip: 30 minutes away from St. Augustine Beach and Jacksonville Beach. Many stores and restaurants within...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Happy to see you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your quick return. Thanks for taking time to comment on your stay with us.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Totally renovated, remodeled, refurnished and decorated ------- it's a winner!!
Having opened 1 1/2 months ago I felt the enthusiasm of each of the staff members..
The friendly, "above and beyond "attitude of the front desk staff, house keeping, management,to even the women that handled the morning breakfast. Our room was large, bright, ,very clean and well decorated. The beds were very comfortable with pillow top mattress's and a selection of pillows. The room also had a sitting or reading area as well a separate work area with desk and chair. The bathroom was very bright and clean with large fluffy towels and wash cloths.
The breakfast area was very large and well kept. Breakfast selections were more then normal with hot and cold cereals , fruit, breads, biscuits ,bagels, eggs, pre-made omelets and even breakfast meats.
The hotel is located south near all major Interstates and roads. It is in a shopping area with major stores and shops and close to many different restaurants. This is a hotel that offers true value with quality. We will defiantly stay again ,when in the area.

Room Tip: Always ask to see a room before checking in. I do !!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Norman L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville South I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Glad to read that you are so happy with your recent stay. You are correct that the staff are excited about the great changes as the hotel is practically brand new from top to bottom. Thanks for taking time to share your comments. We look forward to your quick return.