“Exceptional experience all around; will return with family!”

Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Tallahassee, Florida
“Exceptional experience all around; will return with family!”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Arrived late, not feeling well, and was greeted with genuinely concerned staff and well-taken care of. Facility appeared very clean. Dinner tasted excellent and portion was very generous. Shuttle to airport was on time and no hassle. I felt the staff went above and beyond to make my one night stay special and treated me as though I was staying a week. Only complaint is that the shuttle picking me up from the airport was quite delayed. Otherwise I easily would have rated the hotel with five circles. I'll definitely be back my next trip to Jacksonville and highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank fredcatsmommy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I stayed here June 13-17 for business. The hotel was very easy to find, and check in was a breeze. Very nice lobby with the restaurant off to the left. Free cookies in the evening, pink lemonade during the day! The lemonade was very refreshing after a hot day.

The beds are super nice, adjustable to fit how one might like a bed, more firmness, less firmness, etc. The room was nice with a good sized desk, a chair with an ottoman and of course the tv. Shower was good as well, but I have found the Hiltons to have great showers.

The only drawback was the smoke from all the fires burning in Georgia and Florida. There was not anything that could be done about that as it was all over. The ventilation system helped quite a bit: I only smelled the smoke once or twice in my room the entire stay.

There was a very strong thunderstorm that came through on Monday evening and we lost power for a bit. I went down to the pantry to get a drink after the storm and the manager compted it, which was very nice.

I would stay here again for business! The business office was handy, and the front desk was kind enough to print our boarding passes for our return flight. Our room was very clean, and the house keeping staff, excellent and friendly.

We thought we had a problem with a lamp, and maintenance came up right away. It turned out that we were turning the lamp on the wrong way, so of course it would not work. That was funny, but showed me the staff were very attentive to the guests needs.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Peanutz53
HGIJAX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 21 June 2011
Dear Peanutz53,

Thank You for sharing your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing superior service and showing our guests the true meaning of hospitality. I hope the smoke from the wildfires will be taken care of soon but at least we can get away from it inside the hotel. Thank You again and we hope to see you on your next visit to Jacksonville.
California
Reviewed 14 June 2011

The hotel is very close to the airport and has a free airport shuttle. The hotel is clean and well maintained, reception staff are friendly and welcoming and several restaurants are close by within walking distance. Breakfast is not included but the onsite restaurant does serve a decent breakfast.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank shell1952
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Having stayed at many lovely Hilton Garden Inns, this chain is one of my favorites, but this particular hotel did not live up to expectations. It was an adequate hotel, but was an old building which had not been renovated that well. The staff was also not particularly helpful, though was responsive. Overall, fine for a quick business trip, but next time I will probably investigate other hotels in the area.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 January 2011

We chose to come down a night early before our cruise and the hotel had a special for cruise passengers. We called before creating the reservation and was informed we could have two vehicles parked for free for one of our rooms ( I had two rooms for our family). Upon arriving and providing our vehicle information, the attendant said we had to pay for the extra vehicle. He got upset that we were previously told an extra vehicle would not be a problem and no additional charge. When trying to book the shuttle for the cruise he was extremely aggravated (borderline rude) with my wife, and seemed irritated when I spoke to him. I am a long time Hhonors member and this encounter is the first for me. This didn't start our vacation off very well even though it really hasn't started.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
HGIJAX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 1 February 2011
Dear cmstravel,

Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for the level of service that you received and can assure you that this will not be tolerated. We pride ourselves on providing superior service and accommodations. The staff member you encountered will be coached by the Front Office Manager to ensure that levels of service are consistent. We do have a lot of cruise passengers who stay with us and parking for 1 vehicle per room is included for the duration of your cruise. We do hope to see you back on your next trip to Jacksonville and Thank You again for the feedback.
Signal Mountain, TN
Reviewed 5 January 2011

A\C extremely loud and never got room temp right. I would wake up sweating then wake up freezing. Carpet is definitely due for a replacement. Bathroom was clean but seemed worn. Its not the worst place to stay, but certainly not like other HGI's I have visited. Close to shopping and restaurants. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
HGIJAX, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 10 January 2011
Dear msallen22,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that you did not get a good night's sleep because of the A/C noise. I will be addressing this concern with the engineering department in an effort to correct this. We just finished replacing carpet in all of our guest rooms and are also replacing all of the chrome in the bathrooms. Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff as we pride ourselves on delivering superior service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Jacksonville.

Chris Martin
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Stayed here on 8/23 and the AC wall unit is EXTREMELY loud. The thermostat is also several degrees off. I never could get the temp right. The AC wall unit woke me up 3-4 times, making a loud "clunk" when it turned on and then the fan running was so loud it was hard to get back to sleep.

The rooms in this hotel are smallish and the decor is drab and simple.

Breakfast is good - I'll give them that. Otherwise there are much better options in the HHonors portfolio in the JAX area than having to deal with Motel 6 style Air conditioning issues.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
HGIJAX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 26 August 2010
Dear Ravenboy,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not get a good night's rest as this is the most important aspect of a hotel stay. We are midway through putting brand new A/C's in all rooms and we are also very excited to be replacing all carpet and draperies in rooms before year end. I am glad that you enjoyed our cooked to order breakfast which is very popular with our guests. I hope that you will consider us when you are next in Jacksonville.