Comfort Suites Baymeadows Near Butler Blvd
US$168
US$134
HotelIndigo.com
US$99
Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites(Jacksonville)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$74
Hotwire.com
All reviewschoice hotelssleeper sofasitting areaolder hotelwafflesthe breakfast areahot breakfastvery clean hotelbusiness tripjacksonville arearoom was largevery nice staywould stay here againgreat customer servicestaff was friendlyking bedlate check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I travel to St. Augustine 3-4 times a year for a long weekend but rarely stay there because the hotel rates are fairly high, especially on weekends and especially on holiday weekends. I prefer the area around I-295 and I-95, which is only 20 miles from the two St. Augustine outlet malls and another 10-15 minutes from the historic district. The 295 / 95 junction is two exits south from the Avenues Mall and about 15 minutes southwest from the St. John's Town Center outdoor shopping mall.

For this trip, we stayed at the Comfort Suites for the first time. Our King room had a waist high refrigerator and a small microwave. TV was a 25-inch CRT style, not flat panel. The "suite" featured a bedroom area with a work desk separated from the living area by a wall about 2/3 the width of the room. The wall had a large cutout so you could see into the two areas. The living area had a couch and coffee table. Computer in the lobby for those who don't bring a notebook.

Strong shower lovers will be disappointed to learn that the shower has a flow restrictor so even setting the variable shower head to "pulsate" may not bring the desired water strength. I think the hot water setting is set low enough so you won't get any steam but I prefer warm showers anyway. Just FYI....

The breakfast was the typical Choice one: cereals, you-make-'em waffles, pastry, yogurt, juices. I don't know if they are a daily or "weekend only" feature (we stayed on a Saturday) but there was also "mini pancake" scrambled eggs and sausage patties.

I didn't experience any problems with check-in or check out. I'd not hesitate staying here again. The location is very central if St. Augustine is not your only destination.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2011

This stop was just a quick overnighter for our family of five on a drive up the coast. It's really easy to access off the I-95, and it seems to be in a decent area. The hotel, though, is very dated.

Because it's older, the rooms are nicely sized. However, with age also comes some of those quirky things our family dislikes. The air unit is right under the window, so you have to pin down the curtains so they don't blow (and block the airflow). The television is a big, bulky type and is positioned in a cabinet, so you can't tilt it to point at the bed or the couch. Of course, it's positioned right between both sitting/resting spots, so unless you stand right in front, you won't be able to watch comfortably (which our kids like to do after hours in the car). And the drain in the tub/shower was slow, so you stand in water up to your ankles while you try to get clean.

That said, they've obviously upgraded the beds. The king bed was quite firm and comfortable, and the pillows were great. The fold out couch-bed was the best we've had in a long time, and we were grateful for that. There was plenty of room for the baby's crib, too. The breakfast area, too, seems upgraded, and the breakfast itself was better than most Comfort Suites with a very large selection of foods and good service.

We did not use the pool or other amenities. The staff was friendly and the rooms and public areas were immaculate.

Room Tip: This hotel appears to accept rewards points.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank KatieInContinuance
Reviewed 10 March 2011

We often visit my sister who lives in Orange Park, FL and we usually stay in a Comfort Inn there. Since my husband wasn't traveling with my children and I this time, my sister wanted us to stay somewhere she considered safe. LOL!! We chose this hotel which is more modern than the one we usually stay in in Orange Park. My children also enjoyed themselves (they are 3 and 10 months). They especially enjoyed the hot breakfast which included my son's favorite, waffles. The service and employees were really nice. The hotel is in the center of everything. It's real close to the Jacksonville Zoo, the Jacksonville beaches, lots of nice restaurants, and St Johns Town Center. We had a wonderful time and will definitely be staying here whenever we travel to Jacksonville.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank shunrena
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Breakfast is decent. Rooms look nice. Big king bed in small suite with sofa, small microwave and fridge. Seems clean and well maintain. Staff was not very enthusiastic but did their job. I will recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 27 December 2010

I stayed in a king suite during the Christmas holiday weekend while visiting relatives in the Jacksonville Florida area. I stay at many hotels during the course of the year as I am a business traveler. This hotel is superb. It is clean, new or like new, proximate to almost everyhting in the Jacksonville area except the airport and the value is superb. The breakfast is traditional with waffles plus eggs and sausage for sandwiches but it was very hot and tasty. There are numerous fast food reastaurants close to this hotel. The hotel staff is extraordinary in the way that they treat their guests. I will definitely stay here again and again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family