“I hope they don't realize how good they are- they might raise their prices!”

Comfort Suites Baymeadows
Ranked #59 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Parrish, Florida
“I hope they don't realize how good they are- they might raise their prices!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

This is a gem of a hotel!! I stayed for one night and am very pleased with its value. I suggest it if you are looking for a below $80 room and don't need a flat screen or business center.
Outside was clean and modern, with a new paint job.
Location is good with chain and local restaurants all around. Safe area.
Check in was smooth and pleasant.
Room was a king with a sofa, coffee table, and microwave/fridge combo. No flat screen.
Very clean and quiet. Smelled great and the AC worked great with normal sounds, nothing to keep you awake.
The only complaint (minor!!) was the bathroom was a little tight. The door comes within two inches of the toilet bowl. No problem for me as I travel alone.
Breakfast was no better or worse than any other Choice Hotel. Hot bar and standard cereals and fruit.
I am definitely staying here from now on.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Irmo, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

I liked this place. It was moderate. The first room we were given had a huge insect problem at one of the windows. I alerted the front desk and we were immediately given another room. That was wonderful, as it had a lot of space and was cozy! Shower heads were dual pressure and there was free breakfast as well. Plan to stay here again in February!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
St. Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

First off I got a really good price for this on priceline, so I have to base my review on that. The hotel is in a nice area of town. Decent restaurants are all nearby. The lobby and breakfast buffet was OK. They had the waffle maker, yogurt, cereal, coffee, juice, etc. type free breakfast which was fine. The room smelled kind of moldy and I was a little scared of the bedsheets and mattress. Just felt old and worn out. We notified the front desk that the inroom coffee pot was missing and they said they would send one up, but it never happened. I wasnt upset, I just didnt want to be accused of taking their coffee pot. The man at checkin was very friendly and you could tell, he was just a good guy. Too bad the room conditions didnt match his upbeat personality. An average place, which wasnt horrible or great. But if you do some research on priceline, the value is worthwhile.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

The room was clean, had microwave and fridge that worked. The air went out and they forgot to fix it. We were moved to a smaller non suite room. Neither of the two ice makers worked so we had to go downstairs from the 6th floor to get ice when we needed it. Big inconvenience since the elevators took several minutes to get down and were very hot. The pool was nice and so was the staff, not a lot of breakfast unless you like just coffee and cereal. That was all that was left by the time we got down.

Room Tip: The suite we had was big, had a divider, microwave, sink, and fridge.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Metuchen, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

We stayed here for a week and were very happy with the experience. The lobby is nice and large with plenty of comfortable seating and a TV on in the background. The breakfast buffet was wonderful for our whole family - everyday they offered sausage, eggs, make your own waffles (which our sons LOVED) bagels, cereal, coffee, grits, oatmeal (these were instant) but you get the idea. I wouldn't say it was the highest quality food but it was nice to not have to think about breakfast. There is a Hardees/Burrito place and gas station right up the street. You do need a vehicle to get around this area but the location is very good and very safe, with easy highway access. San Jose blvd is not too far and have everything you could ever need. The "kitchenette" leaves something to be desired... it's a college sized fridge, and a microwave. the coffee pot was in the bathroom. No safes in the rooms, but I loved the 24 hour fitness room, and outdoor pool which was never busy. I would stay here again. The beds were comfortable and everythign was clean. I was worried the first night because the carpets felt wet, but they dried right away and it makes me think they had been cleaned. No weird smells. There are grocery stores and restaurants galore a 5 minute drive away. The Osaka Japanese/Chinese Buffet is GREAT and not too far away, quality food with cheap prices.We had lunch there two times. Rent a speed boat at Atlantic Watersports in Jacksonville Beach only 20 minutes away (we did and loved it, even saw river dolphins) and don't forget the day trip to Saint Augustine 40 minutes away - we loved it so much we went twice!)

Room Tip: The rooms in the corners on the 4th and 2nd floors are supposedly bigger and better.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

I travel to St. Augustine 3-4 times a year for a long weekend but rarely stay there because the hotel rates are fairly high, especially on weekends and especially on holiday weekends. I prefer the area around I-295 and I-95, which is only 20 miles from the two St. Augustine outlet malls and another 10-15 minutes from the historic district. The 295 / 95 junction is two exits south from the Avenues Mall and about 15 minutes southwest from the St. John's Town Center outdoor shopping mall.

For this trip, we stayed at the Comfort Suites for the first time. Our King room had a waist high refrigerator and a small microwave. TV was a 25-inch CRT style, not flat panel. The "suite" featured a bedroom area with a work desk separated from the living area by a wall about 2/3 the width of the room. The wall had a large cutout so you could see into the two areas. The living area had a couch and coffee table. Computer in the lobby for those who don't bring a notebook.

Strong shower lovers will be disappointed to learn that the shower has a flow restrictor so even setting the variable shower head to "pulsate" may not bring the desired water strength. I think the hot water setting is set low enough so you won't get any steam but I prefer warm showers anyway. Just FYI....

The breakfast was the typical Choice one: cereals, you-make-'em waffles, pastry, yogurt, juices. I don't know if they are a daily or "weekend only" feature (we stayed on a Saturday) but there was also "mini pancake" scrambled eggs and sausage patties.

I didn't experience any problems with check-in or check out. I'd not hesitate staying here again. The location is very central if St. Augustine is not your only destination.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

This stop was just a quick overnighter for our family of five on a drive up the coast. It's really easy to access off the I-95, and it seems to be in a decent area. The hotel, though, is very dated.

Because it's older, the rooms are nicely sized. However, with age also comes some of those quirky things our family dislikes. The air unit is right under the window, so you have to pin down the curtains so they don't blow (and block the airflow). The television is a big, bulky type and is positioned in a cabinet, so you can't tilt it to point at the bed or the couch. Of course, it's positioned right between both sitting/resting spots, so unless you stand right in front, you won't be able to watch comfortably (which our kids like to do after hours in the car). And the drain in the tub/shower was slow, so you stand in water up to your ankles while you try to get clean.

That said, they've obviously upgraded the beds. The king bed was quite firm and comfortable, and the pillows were great. The fold out couch-bed was the best we've had in a long time, and we were grateful for that. There was plenty of room for the baby's crib, too. The breakfast area, too, seems upgraded, and the breakfast itself was better than most Comfort Suites with a very large selection of foods and good service.

We did not use the pool or other amenities. The staff was friendly and the rooms and public areas were immaculate.

Room Tip: This hotel appears to accept rewards points.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family