This Comfort Suites is striving to improve itself and it shows. While there are some problems, the staff works hard and the place is kept very clean and comfortable. It is utilized by some construction crews as well as traveling guests. We arrived late in the evening and passed through some workmen enjoying the evening, visiting outside the main entry. I was concerned about possible noise in the hallways and asked to be placed on the most quiet floor if possible. the young desk person suggested the sixth floor and I agreed. Once booked, we left for a late dinner and returned after 9pm. The room was very inviting, clean and smelled great. We got comfortable on the bed and watched tv for an hour, then went into the bathroom. The bathroom was clean, but noticed water running constantly from the shower nozzle. Could not shut it off. Luckily it didn't make any noise, or bother us otherwise. Next the sink didn't drain properly, nor did the fan work. I called down and told about the issues but said that we were too tired to move and I wanted it noted and taken into consideration for compensation when we settled up in the am. Next morning we enjoyed the breakfast buffet of the usual pre-made egg rounds and sausage which were typical but tasted fine. Fruit, yogurt and cereal rounded out our meal. Coffee to get us going and some juice. When I approached the manager he already knew about our issues and had identified that room as needing plumbing work. He agreed that it should not have been offered and made appropriate compensation. We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Suites Baymeadows, a Jacksonville hotel near Downtown Jacksonville and Jacksonville beachesConveniently located close to Jacksonville's businesses, the entertainment district and Jacksonville beaches, the Comfort Suites® Baymeadows is ideal for everyone. This Jacksonville, FL hotel provides easy access to Downtown Jacksonville, the Museum of Science and History, Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts and Jacksonville Municipal Stadium, home of the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Southpoint/JTB and Baymeadows Corporate Centers are close to this Florida hotel. The Mayo Clinic and Baptist Medical South are located less than eight miles away.The University of North Florida, Jacksonville University and Florida State College at Jacksonville South Campus are less than 10 miles away. The Avenues mall and St. John's Town Center, which features more than 150 shops and services, are just three miles from the hotel. Several golf courses and historic St. Augustine are only 15 minutes away.Located on the banks of the St. John's River, Jacksonville Landing is home to a variety of unique shops, fine dining, trendy bars and nightclubs buzzing with excitement. Several restaurants and lounges are within walking distance of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Suites Baymeadows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Baymeadows Hotel Jacksonville
- Comfort Suites Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Comfort Suites