“Welcome to Homeslum Suites”

Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows
Ranked #104 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
charlotte, nc
“Welcome to Homeslum Suites”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Well they keep removing my reviews for publishing the truth about this place so I will just say that the other negative reviews are 100% correct. The convenient location cant make up for the other numerous problems this place suffers. I can tell you that nobody on the staff cares about your peace and security here, doors are slamming round the clock, the maintenance and housekeeping staff go in and out of rooms by dropping the slide latch then banging the doors over and over as they go in and out. I mean who does that? Complaints fall on deaf ears, the worst managed hotel property I have ever seen. Message me if you need more details.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ghenghis
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am eager to respond to your concerns. We strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We recognize that we have failed in that mission. We would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel. We are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotel(sm) other location throughout the U.S. and in Canada. Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Dangerous, frightening, horrible, filthy. I was chased by drunks in the parking lot. Solicited for sex in the halls. Given an already occupied room (TWICE). Finally given a room with a broken TV and no pillows that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. A filthy cigarette burned blanket was given to me to replace the pillows as the solo staff member on shift couldn't find any. I stayed half an hour and fled. DON'T EVER STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Worldzeyez24
East Coast
Reviewed 17 June 2011

This place caters to the Tulsa Welding School students - a rough crowd of guys. Police were there 5 days a week due to fights, drunken brawls and drug dealing; really bad on weekends. No shortage of hookers at times as well. Dog crap everywhere outside and urine soaked carpets. Guests prop open the exterior doors all the time to let transients and non-residents in to get their party favors.

I stayed there over 1 month while looking for an apartment and had to leave suddenly when the students got drunk and threatened to beat me up on several occasions. WiFi doesn't work half the time.

Staff knows about the problems but refuses to do anything or kick out the troublemakers.

STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK !

Room Tip: Best Room is NO Room !
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank NASAInstructor
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 6 June 2011

This hotel is filthy. As we walked down the hall to our room, the carpet is nasty. Stains galore! I have never stayed at a hotel where you had to take your dity towels to the front desk yourself to exchanged for new ones. When I did take them down, they then told me that they didn't have anymore clean towels at this time. Great value, but remember that you pay for what you get. I will never stay at a Hoestead Hotel or affiliate ever again. This place sucks!!! #onedissapointedcustomer

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank TheBlkBobbyCox
Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed 27 May 2010

We came to Jacksonville to attend "Shrimp Fest" on Alameda Island. This hotel was real well located near down town and the beaches. We liked that our room had a kitchenette so we could make breakfast in the morning, but watch out because making toast can set off the fire alarm in the room. There are also really good resturants nearby. Our favorites were Bono's BBQ, Gators and Chick a fila. It's not a posh hotel and the service was so so, but it had everything for a decent stay. The things I didn't like are that the bed was very hard, not enough pillows and there was a sleight musty smell.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wiley66
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Stayed here one night while on a spur of the moment weekend trip to St Augustine and Jacksonville. Since moving to Florida from the midwest last year I have enjoyed taking my fiancee around the state to show her things I have seen on previous trips and exploring new things for both of us. After a long day exploring the Old Town in St Augustine and then zipping up US 1 to Jacksonville to get a little bit of the ocean and a dinner at The Jacksonville Landing, I decided the 2 hour drive back to Orlando could wait til the following day. I decided to head to the Baymeadows section of Jacksonville to find a place to spend the night. I was familiar with that area of town and knew there would be lots to choose from.

I was able to get a queen bed suite with a full kitchen (not that I really needed the kitchen) for $65 including tax. I was expecting to pay more with tax but was pleasantly surprised to discover the rate.

The room was clean. The room showed a bit of age but it was still a perfectly fine room. The fridge and microwave looked like they were cleaned after the previous person who stayed in the room left. The television was fully functional, but the cable signal was a bit weak. It may be time for the television to be upgraded as well. The bed was comfortable. My only complaint was they should stow an extra pillow or two in a dresser drawer for those guests that arrive after the front desk closes at 10 and there is really no way to get an extra pillow.

Overall, a good nights sleep in a clean, comfortable room... I would stay here again in the future. It is a much better choice than the Motel 6 on the other side of I-95 or the somewhat seedy looking La Quinta over there as well.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
NOBLESVILLE
Reviewed 19 July 2008

This is a good value place to stay. The room was simple, but clean. It had a full kitchen. There was a laundry facility on site. Free gym membership down the street was included.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — No change avaiable and no pool on site
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family